https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi better than kalas

Started by irishfulham, February 22, 2018, 04:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on February 22, 2018, 11:19:14 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on February 22, 2018, 04:49:08 PM
Glad we have both of them.  To my eyes Kalas is the best centre back at the club.

Better than Ream?
Yes.  Why? I think he's a better defender.  Ream might be better at bringing the ball out, but all the teams above us have conceded at least five fewer goals.  So I'm prizing defensive clout and athleticism.  Also I can't imagine Chelsea offering a deal to a player with Ream's characteristics.  But there's one other piece of evidence and it comes from people who are far better judges than me.  Opposition forwards tend to drift towards being marked by Ream.  Hat trick Harry Kane being a prime example.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Carborundum on February 23, 2018, 12:19:20 PM
Glad we have both of them.  To my eyes Kalas is the best centre back at the club.

Better than Ream?
Yes.  Why? I think he's a better defender.  Ream might be better at bringing the ball out, but all the teams above us have conceded at least five fewer goals.  So I'm prizing defensive clout and athleticism.  Also I can't imagine Chelsea offering a deal to a player with Ream's characteristics.  But there's one other piece of evidence and it comes from people who are far better judges than me.  Opposition forwards tend to drift towards being marked by Ream.  Hat trick Harry Kane being a prime example.

I would say that Ream is more consistent and more solid. He's very very reliable this past 12 months. For me he's our best centre back in terms of performances.

Carborundum

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on February 23, 2018, 02:00:37 PM

Better than Ream?

I would say that Ream is more consistent and more solid. He's very very reliable this past 12 months. For me he's our best centre back in terms of performances.
Fair enough.  It's great that as a partnership they have been such an improvement on the chaos we endured for years.  Get promoted, sign Kalas and watch them make the debate as irrelevant as Hughes v Hangeland: which one was better.

A man can dream.

(It was Hughes)

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Carborundum on February 23, 2018, 06:10:15 PM

Better than Ream?
Yes.  Why? I think he's a better defender.  Ream might be better at bringing the ball out, but all the teams above us have conceded at least five fewer goals.  So I'm prizing defensive clout and athleticism.  Also I can't imagine Chelsea offering a deal to a player with Ream's characteristics.  But there's one other piece of evidence and it comes from people who are far better judges than me.  Opposition for wards tend to drift towards being marked by Ream.  Hat trick Harry Kane being a prime example.
Fair enough.  It's great that as a partnership they have been such an improvement on the chaos we endured for years.  Get promoted, sign Kalas and watch them make the debate as irrelevant as Hughes v Hangeland: which one was better.

A man can dream.

(It was Hughes)
Ream and Kalas is the best centre back pairing since Hangeland and Hughes, they come as a pair.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Carborundum on February 23, 2018, 06:10:15 PM

Better than Ream?

A man can dream.

(It was Hughes)

Agreed, Hughes the better reader of the game.

hovewhite

Hughes class and hangeland looked class thanks to hughes