watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic is an utter Beast !

Started by Riversider, February 17, 2018, 09:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

What we been lacking up front,played well but not as brilliantly as some are making out,not from where I was sitting.
And the Football league paper had Fred 2 points above everyone which I agree with,and Mitro and Kalas as our worst on 6 out of 10,they normally on a par with mine,but it's all about opinions and we see things differently...Fred was man of the match by a mile,shackled Snodgrass.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2018, 01:22:04 PM
What we been lacking up front,played well but not as brilliantly as some are making out,not from where I was sitting.
And the Football league paper had Fred 2 points above everyone which I agree with,and Mitro and Kalas as our worst on 6 out of 10,they normally on a par with mine,but it's all about opinions and we see things differently...Fred was man of the match by a mile,shackled Snodgrass.

I agree with you Mince. Fred was MoM and Mitro ok but still a work in progress (which is fine given mow little game time he has had with his team mates thus far).

NogoodBoyo

On the MOM thread, they are neck and neck with Mitro leading by a nostril hair.
I thought Fred was MOM by a furlong.
Nogood "in all departments of the game too, isit" Boyo

Matt10

Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2018, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: Holders on February 18, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The best since Saha in my view.
Was chatting late in game yesterday to another supporter and I said the same thing.

Best since Saha? I would say they're definitely different type of players, but also, let's see if/when Mitro finds the back of the net for the club first :) .

WolverineFFC

Agree w much that has been said regarding the link up and work ethic shown by Mitro.

Also hope he is a good influence on Kamara. Was interesting to see how Kamara came on and picked right up where Mitro left off. His first touch was a beautiful piece of link up with Sess. He also bullied Onomah off the pitch for a throw in that showed some understanding I am not sure he has before with how to use his frame. Maybe the presence of Mitro on the training ground will influence his play positively as well.

FulhamStu

Mitro was my MOM, BY A MILE...Not to say Fred was anything other than great, but Mitro is that missing link and makes us a top team now.

flyingfish

Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 18, 2018, 03:16:25 PM
Agree w much that has been said regarding the link up and work ethic shown by Mitro.

Also hope he is a good influence on Kamara. Was interesting to see how Kamara came on and picked right up where Mitro left off. His first touch was a beautiful piece of link up with Sess. He also bullied Onomah off the pitch for a throw in that showed some understanding I am not sure he has before with how to use his frame. Maybe the presence of Mitro on the training ground will influence his play positively as well.

I really like ak. I was watching him warming up with the subs at half time in front of the jh stand and what struck me was two things. First his positive attitude. He's had a good run and now competition has come in and I think its driving him on despite what nust be a disappoibting time for him,just as hes hitting his stride. He was working hard with the other guys, lots of laughter and smiles and  encouragements. Secondly, is how well he seems to get on with his squad mates. He seems a popular character in the dressing room. His popularity has been growing with supporters for a while but I think he's going to become something of a cult character. I love his claim that he wasn't aware of the ak 47 connotation and just chose it because every other number with 7 in up to that was taken

Tabby

Kamara has had touches of brilliance since the beginning I think. He'll miscontrol a pass in one moment and then play a silky give and go backheel at full trot. If he could even out his game a bit he'd be one of the best in the championship.

He does lack the size of Mitro to be able to contend in the air with the larger CB's like Terry though.

Twig

Quote from: FulhamStu on February 18, 2018, 04:10:00 PM
Mitro was my MOM, BY A MILE...Not to say Fred was anything other than great, but Mitro is that missing link and makes us a top team now.

Stu I am assuming you were there because you are a sensible poster.  Just interested what you think he did to be ahead of Fred, Ream and K Mac all of whom I saw as having been more influential?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 18, 2018, 01:22:04 PM

[/quote

It's a pity Mince. You should have mentioned about a striker during the window, maybe even the last three windows!
Nice to finally have a target man!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Tabby on February 18, 2018, 04:19:19 PM
Kamara has had touches of brilliance since the beginning I think. He'll miscontrol a pass in one moment and then play a silky give and go backheel at full trot. If he could even out his game a bit he'd be one of the best in the championship.

He does lack the size of Mitro to be able to contend in the air with the larger CB's like Terry though.

True, but his pace makes up for that.

I agree on Kamara's potential and see Mitro as a player he can emulate on how to use his frame to create space for passes and to provide an outlet as a CF. Very exciting to see how Mitro continues to assimilate to the squad. He knit the midfield and fwd line together so well yesterday, if Ayite had played him in on the 3 on 2 like he should of, we might be talking about his finishing ability today too.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on February 18, 2018, 04:53:47 PM
Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

Stu I am assuming you were there because you are a sensible poster.  Just interested what you think he did to be ahead of Fred, Ream and K Mac all of whom I saw as having been more influential?

I was there and for me it was winning every (and I do mean every) high ball to him and having the touch and skill to hold it up and bring others into the game, like Martin on those rare occasions where he could be bothered and things clicked.

Also he got well stuck into Terry which was lovely

But Statto you went for Fred in the end I thought?

FulhamStu

Quote from: Twig on February 18, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

Yes, I was there, Hammersmith end, H6 row FF

Ok, firstly he played with huge quality, don't think he gave the ball away at all.  He massively occupied the Villa defence and allowed space for Ayite and Sess, this was seen for the first goal allowing Sess to use his amazing special qualities to ghost in and score.   He won many headers, his control was fantastic.  He seemed to know where other players were which surprised me given his short time at the club.  Finally he worked his arse off and was a great influence with his attitude.   Looked like a Premier League player playing below his level.

Holders

Quote from: Matt10 on February 18, 2018, 03:13:33 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on February 18, 2018, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: Holders on February 18, 2018, 11:28:14 AM
The best since Saha in my view.
Was chatting late in game yesterday to another supporter and I said the same thing.

Best since Saha? I would say they're definitely different type of players, but also, let's see if/when Mitro finds the back of the net for the club first :) .

Yes, totally. I was thinking in terms of goal threat and intimidating the opposition.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

General

The best thing is Kamara is only 22 and mitrovic is 23. Are the premiership able though?

MrFFC

Brilliant signing. Mitro could prove to be the difference a certain upgrade on Chris Martin
Come on you Whites!! :)

Riversider

I can not emphasise enough, not only what a good player Mitrovic is but also how important he is to everything we currently do,
He's not in it for himself he is a very unselfish player that does an immense amount of work for the team, the defence now starts with him as he doesn't give the opposition back 4 a minutes peace all afternoon , he must be horrible to play against,
If he can avoid injury I really think we can get promoted this season , and if we do go up I hope Mitrovic is our first signing in the summer.👍

terryr

MrFFC

Amazing signing. If we do end up in the play offs he will give us a different edge to when we got there last year
Come on you Whites!! :)

Artful Dodger

Against Villa he was good.....yesterday was another level and 2 great shots leading to 2 goals. Lets hope he carried this on and we will at last have a CF who actually looks like a CF!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae