watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One other thing about Yesterday

Started by Peabody, February 25, 2018, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Let's all have a dig at the old boys who sit in the Riverside stand. Many of who have seen more Fulham games than you have had hot dinners and who were there supporting the club throughout the thinnest times. Still we are an easy target because we don't scream/shout/sing etc. My enthusiasm for FFC is no less than 20 ++ years ago but my physical ability to stand and shout most certainly is diminishing

Twig

Quote from: SG on February 26, 2018, 10:53:29 AM
Let's all have a dig at the old boys who sit in the Riverside stand. Many of who have seen more Fulham games than you have had hot dinners and who were there supporting the club throughout the thinnest times. Still we are an easy target because we don't scream/shout/sing etc. My enthusiasm for FFC is no less than 20 ++ years ago but my physical ability to stand and shout most certainly is diminishing

What a load of total tosh.  There won't be many that have supported for many more years than me (or several others of the posters on here). Anyway I'm not sure that being a long-standing supporter really matters.  I'm not treating the Riversiders as a target, but the moans about the new stand completely ignore the explanations provided by MJG who has been heavily involved in the consultations about the design.
And having lived down to the stereotype of supporters in the Riverside Stand, you really shouldn't mind being on the end of a very gentle bit of fun.

KJS

Quote from: SG on February 26, 2018, 10:53:29 AM

Get over it your not an easy target just a source of amusement :005:

cookieg

Quote from: cmg on February 26, 2018, 12:31:46 AM
Quote from: cookieg on February 25, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
Why design the stand with a gap in it in the first place?

You need to have a pretty big gap somewhere or nobody will be able to see anything.
[/quote

Yeah, didn't think of that!! In the old days having that big gap filled in would have been a blessing. They could have had a nice fresco to keep the fans calm during those turbulent times.

HectorWeso

Look on the bright side, you can watch the highlights from the comfort of your own rocking chairs when they spend 5 years building the new stand

TheDaddy

Having frozen me conkers off in the Hammersmith end for far to long. I was pleasantly surprised how warm the Johnny Haynes was .I'm getting to old  092.gif

Oh and wasn't it a rather splendid game don't you know
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "