News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wonder where they got inspiration for the club crest from?

Started by Jonno, February 25, 2018, 09:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie88

Not so much inspiration as much as stealing!

I thought initially that it was some Sunday League team but they are on the league pyramid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retford_F.C.

cmg

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

To be fair to them our badge, which I think does a decent job, is a pretty simple conjoining of the three letters of the club name so it isn't a massive rip-off. It's not like they are replicating the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

Jamie88

Quote from: cmg on February 26, 2018, 11:42:11 AM

To be fair to them our badge, which I think does a decent job, is a pretty simple conjoining of the three letters of the club name so it isn't a massive rip-off. It's not like they are replicating the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

Have another look - it's a massive rip off, they haven't even made it look much like an R, they have quite literally taken Fulhams badge into photoshop and done a one minute edit

filham

Colours are quite different, should not effect the result at Derby on Saturday, no bother.

Jonno

To be honest, of all badges to copy, I wouldn't have picked ours. Not one single post on here will affect the result at Derby so what's your point?

toshes mate

Quote from: cmg on February 26, 2018, 11:42:11 AM

I do concur and I am so pleased someone has noticed that works of art and club badges tend to be very, very, very different kinds of things.  Cannot see anything wrong with their badge at all.

Jonno

I don't have a problem with it either to be honest, I just found it interesting