watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Half & Half Scarfs?!

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, February 25, 2018, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Not taking anything away from yesterday's result, but, did anyone else witness these in the Hammy end yesterday? Thought they were Wolves fans at first, but, in the loo's at HT, see a father and son sporting them. I'm sorry, but they've no place in football for me, mutual fans or not..

Fulham Tup North

:031:
Spawn of the Devil !!    :Get Coat gif:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SP

Remember seeing an FFC/QPR alf n alf scarf during the Premiership years, how is that even possible?

Woolly Mammoth

It should be made a criminal offence, why would anyone who supports one team, want to wear a scarf with the name of another team on it. Or am I missing something.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

lomotd

I'm don't get quite as angry with them as many.

I have two half-and-half scarfs hanging up in my bedroom, one being Fulham v Atletico Madrid and the other being Aberdeen v Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. Both I think as being justifiable. The Fulham one marks the biggest game in our history, a landmark I want to remember (despite the score) and the Aberdeen one as a momento as a tourist.

I would never buy a Fulham v Wolves scarf, its not an historical match but if you're a visitor wanting to mark the occasion I'll let you off.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Although we're both "west Londoners" for some strange reason my brother supports Wolves.
I've been eating humble pie for a few games now and normally my daughter (Fulham supporter)
and brother would go to the game, my daughter was here so they didn't go on Saturday.

I've forgotten why I posted this, perhaps I'm still celebrating our fantastic win
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: lomotd on February 25, 2018, 11:29:59 PM

I have two half-and-half scarfs hanging up in my bedroom, one being Fulham v Atletico Madrid and the other being Aberdeen v Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup. Both I think as being justifiable. The Fulham one marks the biggest game in our history, a landmark I want to remember (despite the score) and the Aberdeen one as a momento as a tourist.

I would never buy a Fulham v Wolves scarf, its not an historical match but if you're a visitor wanting to mark the occasion I'll let you off.

But it was a historical match, well particularly considering the last 5 years.
Also, it was yesterday which makes it history (+3 points)   :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

lomotd

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 25, 2018, 11:33:25 PM
Quote from: lomotd on February 25, 2018, 11:29:59 PM

But it was a historical match, well particularly considering the last 5 years.
Also, it was yesterday which makes it history (+3 points)   :0)

Haha, if I get a scarf for every match which meets that criteria I won't be needing wallpaper by the end of the season!

HatterDon

I have a half and half cap of the Europa League Final as part of my club membership. I seldom wear it because ... well if you had hair like mine you'd NEVER wear a hat.

I agree about the scarfs, though. For a cup final or a friendly with a non-British club, perhaps.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BedsFFC

Who on earth makes them?

They can't make money, surelt?

If you didn't sell your stock Saturday you now have to plan for the next fixture between us.

Andy S

We all know the reason they sell these it's so they don't have scarves for the wrong team. No real supporter would purchase these unless it was a cold day like Saturday was and you had left yours indoors

KJS

They were there v Villa too just some bloke making a living out of tourists

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 25, 2018, 10:51:37 PM
It should be made a criminal offence, why would anyone who supports one team, want to wear a scarf with the name of another team on it. Or am I missing something.

I've got one,One half Fulham the other Tooting Ladies Pole Dancing SwingersX1.. 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

WokinghamWhite

Biggest problems with going back to the Prem: touts and half-and-half scarves.

SG

I sàw them and thought how bloody ridiculous. Would never buy one except possibly for a Cup Final although didn't buy one in Hamburg

Twig

mrmicawbers

On our European tour purchased many Half and half Pin badges.

Carborundum

Once upon a time my dad proposed going to a live football match, my first.  I was so happy and part of that happiness was that I'd be going to school on Monday and telling my mates.  Half and half scarves didn't exist then, but long queues to get into club shops did, so no scarf for me.  If my dad had bought me a half and half scarf from a dodgy bloke outside, I'd have been chuffed. If he'd bought another one for himself and we wore them together, I'd have snuggled up to him just a little more contentedly.  Then worn my scarf to school on the Monday

The picture painted in the opening post strikes me as rather a happy one.  Yes none of us would be seen dead in one in normal circumstances, but a dad trying his best to give his kid a memory that endures, well I'll cut him all possible slack.  He might just have been regretting the choice of clothing and doing his best to keep the chill out.

Chesh

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 25, 2018, 10:51:37 PM
Obviously it wouldn't be Fulham or Wolves fans buying them - just foreign visitors wanting to mark the occasion of the game they took in on their visit to London. Anyone else buying them would have to be a prize mug (FFC v Wolves that is, not FFC/AtMadrid).

It's the clappers that wind me up - no excuse whatsoever for those (except in the family section for the kids).
Made in Hammersmith (1968)