watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The journey to Derby.

Started by bill taylors apprentice, March 03, 2018, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Its grim outside, 1 degree, feels colder, its grey but the gales dropped and its not snowing, the East Midlands seems to have seen the worst of it (famous last words!)

Trains appear to be running according to the web, journey time should be about 1 hour 20 mins.
I will be getting the local train from Lincoln to Nottingham then change to Derby.

I must be bonkers!!!
COYW's

filham

Your journey sounds tricky with two different cross country trains, hope all goes well and that you get back safely tonight a happy person.

Milo

I've worked at Lincoln and know the trains well. Pokey 1 or 2 carriage trains getting into the distant platforms in Notts.

Make sure you have a beer to anaesthetise you when you arrive.

bill taylors apprentice

I can officially state that the day went rather well!
The train journey across country to Nottingham and then Derby went without a hitch (even the trains were modern and clean)

Everything else just fell into place on and off the pitch and the return home was as smooth as the outward journey, I even discovered I was not the only Fulham Fan travelling back to Lincoln.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 03, 2018, 08:15:39 PM
The train journey across country to Nottingham and then Derby went without a hitch (even the trains were modern and clean)

Everything else just fell into place on and off the pitch and the return home was as smooth as the outward journey, I even discovered I was not the only Fulham Fan travelling back to Lincoln.

Glad it all went well for you,well done for going.

gezkc

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 03, 2018, 08:15:39 PM

Glad you had some company on the way home. Fair play for making the trip in those conditions!