https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (05/03/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 05, 2018, 06:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Watch the 164th boat race from the comfort of Fulham's Craven Cottage

Enjoy the boat race from the comfort of the Riverside Terrace at Craven Cottage

The 164th Boat Race between Oxford University and Cambridge University is fast approaching - and what better way to watch it than from the Riverside Terrace at Craven Cottage?

Offering one of the best vantage points of the opening mile of the race and access to our sports bar, enjoy a day of entertainment with a live DJ, pop-up cocktail bar and food stalls alongside the River Thames.

The teams have already been announced and the squads are training hard for the race, which takes place on Saturday March 24 in what is one of the biggest events on the old river.

Gates open from 2pm with Early Bird Tickets priced at £8. All tickets include a welcome drink and what's more, for every ticket purchased, one junior (aged 10 and under) can join for free.

Secure you place today online , by telephone on 0203 841 9050 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email [email protected] .

Alternatively, why not push the boat out and treat yourself to hospitality at Fulham and enjoy the day even more - find out more here .

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/other-sport/watch-164th-boat-race-comfort-14366142

WhiteJC

Fulham are better than the Newcastle side that won the Championship, says Aleksandar Mitrovic as boss Slavisa Jokanovic aims for promotion

Aleksandar Mitrovic is on loan from Newcastle until the end of the season
    Mitrovic has proved a hit since joining Fulham in the January transfer window
    The striker scored his third goal in successive games in the win over Derby
    He expects Fulham to continue their march towards a Premier League return

Aleksandar Mitrovic believes Fulham are a better footballing side than Newcastle as he aims for a second successive promotion to the Premier League.

The on-loan Serbia striker says it is more enjoyable to play in Fulham's charge into promotion contention than it was to help Newcastle win the Championship last May.

Mitrovic scored his third goal in successive games in the victory over top-six rivals Derby and looks to be the icing on the cake for a side who have won 10 games in a 13-match unbeaten run to climb from 17th to fourth — and to within five points of the automatic promotion places.

Aleksandar Mitrovic believes Fulham are a better footballing side than Newcastle last season

The 23-year-old, a volatile figure on Tyneside after signing for Steve McClaren for £14.5million in July 2015, almost returned to Anderlecht on transfer-deadline day but flew back to sign on loan for Fulham instead.

How he is loving that decision now as he gets a run of games at the top of a free-flowing football system that offers a contrast to Rafa Benitez's more cautious approach.

'It's a different style we play here,' he said. 'The players enjoy the football more than last season with Newcastle, where we knew how we wanted to play, we always played on the results — that's it.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic watched his side emerge yet again on Saturday

'This season, this team, we always try to score more goals than the opponent. Newcastle was more tactically [set up]. We didn't play as much attacking football as we play now. Obviously, it worked because Newcastle were promoted last season. I hope we are promoted again with Fulham.'

Mitrovic admitted he was a bit of a Fulham fan last season as Slavisa Jokanovic's side played their way into the play-offs only to fall at the last hurdle.

'That's the reason why I came here,' he agreed. 'The style, the players, always attacking, always trying to score one more than your opponents, always with a lot of possession.

'Last season I really followed Fulham. They were the best team to watch in the Championship. We are continuing like this.

Mitrovic scored his third goal in successive games in the victory over top-six rivals Derby

'I really enjoy it. I want to help my team-mates get promoted this season.'

Mitrovic, firing home after Stefan Johansen lobbed a ball back into the penalty area, says there is a belief and freedom that Fulham's momentum can lead to the Premier League. 'Of course,' he said. 'This is the reason at the moment we are doing well. We know what to do, we know how to play, we know where we want to be.

'It's not too much pressure — we want to go game by game. We know we have 11 games, we will do everything we can and we want to be there come the last game.'

Mitrovic echoed the clamour for Ryan Sessegnon to be called up by England after the 17-year-old clinically converted his 14th goal of the season to set up a victory that should have been guaranteed long before Tom Huddlestone's goal gave Derby hope.

Ryan Sessegnon also scored as Fulham continued their march up the Championship table

'He deserves to be there,' the striker said. 'There are not so many players on the left wing who score goals like him. I can't think now who is in better form than him.'

Jokanovic echoes that backing. 'I started working with him when he was 16 years and two months and I believe he can be part of the English national team for the World Cup,' he said.

'Nobody can make mistakes with this kid. Experience is important but he is a really expert player for his age at this moment.'

Scott Carson called for Derby to regain the front-foot attitude that took them to second place before this run of one point from five games.

The former England goalkeeper said: 'We just need to be hard to beat again and be more aggressive. We have got to show that we are up for the fight and we can still compete.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5461199/Fulham-better-Newcastle-season-says-Mitrovic.html#ixzz58rJXYSOM
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham are better than last season's Newcastle, claims Mitrovic
by Dan on March 4, 2018

Aleksandr Mitrovic feels Fulham are a better footballing side than the Newcastle team that he helped win the Championship title last season.

The Serbian striker, aiming for a second successive promotion to the Premier League now he is on loan at Craven Cottage, claims that Slavisa Jokanovic's side are more adventurous and attacking than the outfit that Rafa Benitez led out of the English second tier last term. Mitrovic, who scored his third goal in as many games as the Whites won at Pride Park yesterday to move above opponents Derby County into fourth place, told the Daily Mail:

It's a different style we play here. The players enjoy the football more than last season with Newcastle, where we knew how we wanted to play, we always played on the results – that's it. This season, this team, we always try to score more goals than the opponent. Newcastle was more tactically [set up]. We didn't play as much attacking football as we play now. Obviously, it worked because Newcastle were promoted last season. I hope we are promoted again with Fulham.

The 23 year-old forward said Jokanovic's emphasis on flowing football was a key factor in deciding to drop down a division at the end of January.

That's the reason why I came here. The style, the players, always attacking, always trying to score one more than your opponents, always with a lot of possession. Last season I really followed Fulham. They were the best team to watch in the Championship. We are continuing like this.

I really enjoy it. I want to help my team-mates get promoted this season. This is the reason at the moment we are doing well. We know what to do, we know how to play, we know where we want to be. It's not too much pressure — we want to go game by game. We know we have 11 games, we will do everything we can and we want to be there come the last game.

Mitrovic also added his voice to the growing clamour for Gareth Southgate to include Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon in his England plans. The 17 year-old scored his fourteenth goal of the season to double the Londoners' lead at Derby and Mitrovic, who is hoping to led Serbia's attack at the World Cup, hopes his Fulham team-mate can join him in Russia this summer:

He deserves to be there. There are not so many players on the left wing who score goals like him. I can't think now who is in better form than him.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/03/fulham-are-better-than-last-seasons-newcastle-claims-mitrovic/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic explains why it's more enjoyable at Fulham than Newcastle United

Aleksandar Mitrovic 'The players enjoy the football at Fulham more than last season when I was with Newcastle.'

Aleksandar Mitrovic once again got rave reviews for Fulham at the weekend.

Playing away to promotion rivals Derby, the Cottagers won 2-1 and leapfrogged them into fourth and are now only five points off an automatic promotion spot.

Mitrovic has now played in six games (four starts, two off the bench) and Fulham are unbeaten, with four wins and two draws.

The Newcastle loan striker says that the attacking style of play is what attracted him to Fulham and he enjoys it more than at Newcastle, where it was more 'tactical'.

Fulham are joint top scorers with runaway leaders Wolves, whilst despite finishing in sixth last season, the West London side were also top scorers in the Championship, joint with Newcastle and Norwich on 85 goals.

Even though he felt the Newcastle style last season was more functional, Aleksandar Mitrovic admits you can't argue with it, as United were promoted in top spot.

With three goals in his last three matches and praise all round for his performances, little wonder the Serbian is enjoying life again, having experienced no league starts in just under nine months at Newcastle United.

A win win situation surely, with Mitro happy and Rafa Benitez having a player who he doesn't want and is now a far more saleable asset.

Aleksandar Mitrovic:

"It is a different style we play here at Fulham (compared to at Newcastle).

"The players enjoy the football more than last season (when I was) with Newcastle, where we knew how we wanted to play, we always played on the results, that's it.

"This season, this (Fulham) team, we always try to score more goals than the opponent.

"Newcastle was more tactical, we didn't play so much attacking football as we play now.

"Obviously, it worked because Newcastle were promoted last season, and I hope we are promoted again with Fulham.

"This is the reason I came here – the style, the players, always attacking, always trying to score one more than your opponents, always with a lot of possession.

"Last season I really followed Fulham and they were the best team to watch in the Championship – we are continuing like this.

"I really enjoy it and I want to help my team-mates get promoted this season.

"We know what to do, we know how to play, we know where we want to be.

"We know we have 11 games and we will do everything we can, we want to be there (in the Premier League) come the last game.'

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/03/aleksandar-mitrovic-explains-enjoyable-fulham-newcastle-united/