watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ojo

Started by irishfulham, March 06, 2018, 11:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

Played fantastic tonight imo very well played quick feet how many fouls/yellow cards did he draw. Also always goes to the children to sign things after every game piazon and odoi also very good for this

BarneyTravers

I thought he was outstanding for the 55 mins or whatever he played...he is far from the finished article and remains inconsistent but tonight showed what he brings to the party.

coyw

snarks

He played well. Caused them problems, 2 of their bookings were fouls on him

Southcoastffc

Statto, I don't know which game you were watching but I and many thousand others stood to give him a well deserved ovation when he was subbed. Out of interest, did you watch the game at the Cottage or on line?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 07, 2018, 12:07:21 AM
Statto, I don't know which game you were watching but I and many thousand others stood to give him a well deserved ovation when he was subbed. Out of interest, did you watch the game at the Cottage or on line?

He just checked his stats. ;)

Count Flapula

Thought he tackled back pretty well and won the ball a fair few times in the first half. Definitely put a shift in.

Going forward he holds onto the ball too long sometimes and never, ever plays it first time but hopefully learning when to run / when to pass / shoot will come. Usually cuts inside all too often but actually went on the outside to try and cross tonight so hopefully a sign he's learning.

Has the raw materials but needs to develop his footballing brain - if he does he will be a mean player one day.

irishfulham

Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2018, 11:55:06 PM
Really?

He was the only player in the starting XI that I'd criticise.

Thought he did nothing, looked out of ideas (did he skin anyone all night?) and overal out of place in a team playing as well as we have been lately

He needs to improve dramatically if he's ever to play for Liverpool or England, like some were saying he had the potential to.

I agree with you he is a good character and that might be what enables him to progress   

Don't know what game you were watching lad

bill taylors apprentice

He played well enough but its tough comparing him to his outstanding team mates and as bad as we made Sheff Utd look they worked very hard to deny us space.

He does allow the ball to slip from his control too often but he can improve that, don't forget he hasn't had a long run of games

St Eve

I say it every week. Sign him as he will only get better and better

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on March 06, 2018, 11:55:06 PM
Really?

He was the only player in the starting XI that I'd criticise.

Thought he did nothing, looked out of ideas (did he skin anyone all night?) and overal out of place in a team playing as well as we have been lately

He needs to improve dramatically if he's ever to play for Liverpool or England, like some were saying he had the potential to.

I agree with you he is a good character and that might be what enables him to progress   

You must have been playing on your phone last night instead of watching the game.
Funny how people see things different, the lad caused them all sorts of problems.

ffc73

I'm with Statto on this.  Thought Ojo was the weak point in the first half. He was continually static & in the space we use to exploit Fred's pace

The one time Ojo moved to the inside right position Cairney was able to find Fred, cross & 1-0

The right attacking berth is the one position that is up for grabs. Piazon & Ayite enhance the free movement & link up play, create space for the Fred overlap. Ojo & Kebano, who we have not seen for some time, tend to hug the right touch line more

If all the loanees are fit which 5 would you have in the match day squad?

Mitro, Targett, Kalas, Norwood & Piazon for me

davew

He has a lot of potential but at the moment far from the finished article which is presumably why he is out on loan gaining experience. I think Ayite and Piazon are better players than Ojo.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Slaphead in Qatar

Played well. Surprised he got subbed - but piazon was also lively when he came on.

S.F.Sorrow

He played well enough but he needs to realise he's part of a team. The rest of our players were like a well oiled machinery. Ojo was the one who repeatedly made the wrong decisions, holding on to the ball too long, attempting shots when we had players in much better positions. Not for the first time. He's a very talented young player with a good work rate but he needs to realise football is a team sport. Far too selfish in critical moments for me. Would rather see Ayite in that position. And Kebano on the bench. They are both better suited to our fast passing style IMO.

WokinghamWhite

Yeah, I agree with Statto. I also thought he was the weakest player and thought the team looked stronger when Piazon came on. That's not a particular criticism of Ojo - every man was sensational last night - but I can't say he stood out.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on March 07, 2018, 08:06:04 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on March 07, 2018, 12:11:11 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 07, 2018, 12:07:21 AM

He just checked his stats. ;)

I was at the game, but since you mention stats, a few questions for you and the others jumping down my throat:

1. How many times did he skin his man? (Zero to my recollection)

2. How many useful crosses did he put in? (Zero to my recollection, or not many)

3. Of the total number of times a fulham player lost possession before Ojo went off, what proportion of the time was it Ojo? (I'm guessing about 50%)

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY- who in the starting XI would you say was our weakest player last night if it wasn't Ojo?

Just checked out a few ratings from football writers on diff outlets and they marked him same as Fred and Sess, and one had him above them.Until he tired after being out  few games I thought his pace scared them.
And I rated him above Sess the hour he was on the park...But like I've said we all see things different.

alexbishop

Thought Ojo looked bright in periods but definitely still a lot of development required in terms of his footballing brain. I would say Sess at 17 is a lot more mature a footballer than Ojo is. Credit to our academy.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Twig

If Statto asks who was the weakest on the pitch I would have to say Sess, he produced very little last night. Ojo's defensive work was excellent as Count Flapula notes, some of his tackling back was ferocious. I saw him put in a couple of fast crosses and in terms of beating his man I would say he tries to do that too often. He's clearly not the finished article and you have to wonder what the Liverpool academy have been playing at because those of our youngsters whith that sort of talent look far more mature at the same age. However I agree with those who say he is only going to get better and better.

One James stannard

My goodness we still find things to moan about  :doh:

Dodger53

I thought he was a weak link last night and didnt always work well with Freddo. Goes to ground easily getting us free kicks and them bookings - not sure what to think about that aspect. He may be young and raw but a long way from the quality required by Liverpool. Before someone asks yes I was there!