watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ojo

Started by irishfulham, March 06, 2018, 11:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

He's a young lad learning his trade , weather he will make the grade for Liverpool let alone England.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on March 08, 2018, 08:20:42 PM
if the word "worst" has been used it may sound harsh but it is a factual, accurate label in this instance.

From an earlier post, I presume that you are basing your assertion - that it's a 'factual, accurate label' - on the MotM poll.

I disagree with your interpretation of the poll.

Clearly, when a player - Mitrovic - secures 239 votes to Ojo's zero, it's accurate to say that Mitrovic must have been the better of the two.

When, however, the third-to last-ranked players in the poll have fewer than 10 votes apiece out of some 300 (i.e. 3% or less), this is, statistically, too small a margin to assert that Ojo's 'worst' label is factual.

With such a small numbers of votes covering nine of the eleven players, it cannot be assumed with any certainty that a poll for 'worst' player would simply be an inverted table of the MotM result.

While Ojo -on the basis of his having received no votes as MotM - would have to be be the bookies' favourite, the odds of it turning out to be another player is sufficiently great for there to be no sense in which the MotM poll proves Ojo to have been our worst player.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

An option on the right (when Kalas is fit) could be  to play Odoi at RB and push Fred to right wing (do they still call it that ?
I still prefer Kebano over Ojo, Kebano has an end product, Ojo doesn't have that, Yet
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

mrmicawbers

Whoever Slav choice is good with me.He sees them in training all week and I trust his judgement.

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on March 09, 2018, 11:05:26 PM
I will repeat for what, the 5th time, my simple question... Who in the starting XI was worse in your opinion? (Or if you prefer, "less good"?)

To be honest I am surprised you're taking issue with that point (that Ojo was worst) which seems to me to be settled. That's based not only on the MotM poll, but also on this fact that no one on here seems even to have suggested any other player in the starting XI was worse than Ojo.

I'm taking issue with your claim that Ojo being the worst player is a 'factual, accurate label'. It isn't.

I'll spell it out for you: There is not enough evidence - either within this thread or the MotM poll - to make it a fact. It is an opinion.

That you should ask my opinion as to who in the starting XI was worse than Ojo serves only to highlight that it's not a fact.

Ojo being the worst player may seem settled to you - but the fallacy behind your reasoning with regard to the MotM poll can't be put any more simply than it already has.

Quote from: Statto on March 09, 2018, 11:05:26 PM
It seems to me the central debate on this thread is actually, is it ok to call out any particular player for being the worst player in a team performance that overall was extremely good?

Go back and read the first page of this thread. It is you who introduces the notion of Ojo being the weakest player into this topic. If you want to question whether it is okay to call out a particular player after such a good team performance, look no further than questioning yourself.

The O.P's intention is quite clearly to extol the positives in Ojo's performance. Those on here - and there are many - who have responded to the spirit of the O.P. (and avoided being drawn into your counter-topic of identifying the weakest man) simply aren't looking for a 'worst' player among Tuesday's line-up. It's not - as you have interpreted it to be - evidence in support of your claim.

Southcoastffc

"..........why do I need to, when it's not disputed?"  Are you sure about that?  Perhaps you should read and digest the whole thread again.  Or maybe, just let it go?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

I don't think there's much to be gained by prolonging this or repeating the previous nearly 4 pages of comment in which you assert that Ojo was the worst/least good player v Sheff Utd and others take issue with your view.  It's hard to see just why you are so intransigent re Sheyi Ojo but it's your prerogative. I hope you find some joy in watching the next game and are able to conclude that all the on-field players in the squad will have played equally well/badly.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Snibbo

Well done Ojo. Great impact subs by Slav again

davew

He wasn't the worst player today, don't care who was!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

Quote from: davew on March 10, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

There was no worst player today just that one or two were a little better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on March 10, 2018, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: davew on March 10, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

There was no worst player today just that one or two were a little better.
As there were last week, rather have him in the squad than back at Liverpool.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Quote from: Statto on March 10, 2018, 08:23:42 PM
I see he was the only player dropped from Tuesday's starting XI, so Jokanovic clearly agrees he was the worst player Tuesday as well

(Not that any more proof was needed)

086.gif

Statto I often enjoy and support your posts but this is verging on the intransigent and the rather smirking tone of this latest post is just tedious.