watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dulwich Hamlet's existence under threat from property developers

Started by RaySmith, March 09, 2018, 05:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/news/popular-london-football-club-dulwich-hamlet-facing-closure-after-being-handed-huge-unexpected-rent-bill-by-landlords/ar-BBJUt0l

After Millwall faced a similar threat from the  developers,now Dulwich Hamlet's existence is in question, at a time when they are doing well, and could get promotion, but may not be able to play the last  six games of their season.

As Fulham fans we should support them- with our history, and as one of London's smaller clubs. Well all football fans should support them.

snarks

Yes this has been all over Twitter, a subsidiary of the landlords has trademarked Dulwich Hamlet Football club, The Hamlet, and DHFC and have written a solicitors letter threatening them with proceedings for breaching their trademark. The council and the mayor of London have offered to buy the land from the developer to save the club.

Fernhurst

Very fond memories of playing there, long long ago.

Developers won't sell ground to Mayor or Council.
Only way to defeat them is deny planning permission or, as we did find a bit of the stadium worthy of "listing"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

snarks

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 09, 2018, 07:59:44 AM
Very fond memories of playing there, long long ago.

Developers won't sell ground to Mayor or Council.
Only way to defeat them is deny planning permission or, as we did find a bit of the stadium worthy of "listing"

They have denied them planning permission, said the club is an integral part of the community and won't allow planning that evicts the club. Offer to buy is at market value.

toshes mate

It all makes for very unpleasant reading as property developers use every trick in the book to make sure they realise a profit on their investment.  I hope all concerned with the continued existence of Dulwich Hamlet will ensure this lovely football club survives and thrives at Champion Hill.

bog

These suited developer corporates really get to me with their underhanded goings on. I hope the local council stop them. Good luck to Dulwich. They are going well in their division at the moment....but this is one battle they must win. 

092.gif

grandad

I was born in Dulwich Hospital. For sentimental reasons I hope they survive.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

Really sad!
This club has a famous and historic pedigree and an asset to the community.

I've just had a look at their website and didn't realize the changes, gone are the stands and terraces from when I played there.
As an average player at that level I cherish the memory of running out to play at grounds like Champion Hill.

alfie

It would be so sad if they go, these little teams are great feeder clubs, apart from their own right to exist. It does make me think about our own homes, or for example Bishops Park housing, they are all the same, so I guess some developers came along and bought the land to build a big housing complex, I wonder what the locals thought about that at the time, and how did they feel about building a football ground, although I guess there would not have been too many locals then.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Quote from: RaySmith on March 09, 2018, 05:58:03 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/news/popular-london-football-club-dulwich-hamlet-facing-closure-after-being-handed-huge-unexpected-rent-bill-by-landlords/ar-BBJUt0l

After Millwall faced a similar threat from the  developers,now Dulwich Hamlet's existence is in question, at a time when they are doing well, and could get promotion, but may not be able to play the last  six games of their season.

As Fulham fans we should support them- with our history, and as one of London's smaller clubs. Well all football fans should support them.

Is there a donations page??

Woolly Mammoth

I was born in Dulwich Hospital so I have a real empathy for them, and have had the pleasure of playing at that ground.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.