watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our players must not react to Prestons nasty style of play

Started by The Swan, March 09, 2018, 09:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Even Preston fans say that their team play dirty due to the number of yellow cards they get.

Lets hope that our players can get protection from the ref. Failing that we must not get any bookings if we react to any bad tackles.

I will settle for a draw tomorrow.
The Swan

Slaphead in Qatar

If we're lucky we may get a decent ref who sends 1 of them off.

Fulham Tup North

Although they have a good record (only 2 defeats in 20), we should have too much quality for them. Agree about the Ref. Last weekend v Derby, Cairney was kicked from pillar to post because they could not handle him. A decent ref would make a change in this division. Got to hope Johansen does not get booked or we lose him for two matches. After tomorrow his 9 yellows get rescinded.
I fancy another solid performance, Mitro on fire ATM, one for him, Sess to add to his tally and another cheeky Cairney goal for a comfortable 0-3 or 1-3 to the Whites.
COYW. 😎 ⚽⚽⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bill taylors apprentice

Our players should know what to expect and be professional and get on with the job without losing their cool.

We need to be clever without resorting to obvious falling over etc play our normal game and leave it to the ref to deal with, hopefully!

We may not be the biggest team and play nice football but we are no push overs and I have no doubt we can match them physically!

mrmicawbers

We can only hope as we are getting many Plaudits because of the way we,that referees may offer a bit more protection.I did say hope.

grandad

Quote from: mrmicawbers on March 09, 2018, 10:31:36 AM
We can only hope as we are getting many Plaudits because of the way we,that referees may offer a bit more protection.I did say hope.

Well the refs had better start now. Other clubs only resort to line breaking tackles as there is no other way to stop us
Where there's a will there's a wife

flyingfish

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 09, 2018, 09:53:12 AM
Although they have a good record (only 2 defeats in 20), we should have too much quality for them. Agree about the Ref. Last weekend v Derby, Cairney was kicked from pillar to post because they could not handle him. A decent ref would make a change in this division. Got to hope Johansen does not get booked or we lose him for two matches. After tomorrow his 9 yellows get rescinded.
I fancy another solid performance, Mitro on fire ATM, one for him, Sess to add to his tally and another cheeky Cairney goal for a comfortable 0-3 or 1-3 to the Whites.
COYW. 😎 ⚽⚽⚽

Big question then for Slav - not play him for one game , or risk losing him for two coming up, albeit against weaker teams.

Twig

Let's not prejudge PNE they may be a pressing side but I will wait until after the 90 mins before I accuse them of anything.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2018, 12:07:07 PM
Let's not prejudge PNE they may be a pressing side but I will wait until after the 90 mins before I accuse them of anything.

Precisely.
What I've seen of them at the Cottage and on TV I wouldn't say they were dirty,press you physically,and if a club haven't got the skilful players like us they will play a different way.Their manager took Norwich up playing football, so I don't think he sets his side up to be dirty,hard maybe and that's totally different.
Every club will want to take us down a peg or two now,its up to us to battle through it.Coyw.

Woolly Mammoth

Preston are at home on this occasion, a different scenario from when they played us at the Cottage earlier this season.
The pressure is on them being the home team, they also need the points.
Of course it won't be a picnic by any stretch of the imagination, but our players can stand up for themselves.
As they may decide to come at us right from the start, we can pick them off with counters.
Or why not hit them hard from the start and play at our tempo, and make them march to the beat of our drum.
The first 20 minutes will be crucial, but also the first 90 minutes plus added time will be equally important. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

I've just had a quick look at their fans forum (via the helpful link under our General Discussion page) and had to laugh at this.  The best humour is rooted in reality!

" aggressive " in Fulham is not saying please when you order a skinny latte at the Ethically Sourced Coffee Emporium.(Fulham Palace Rd -Avocado breakfasts a speciality)

By the way, the referee is Simon Hooper (Wiltshire) who reffed us at Cardiff on Boxing Day - can't say I remember much about him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 09, 2018, 01:05:45 PM
I've just had a quick look at their fans forum (via the helpful link under our General Discussion page) and had to laugh at this.  The best humour is rooted in reality!

" aggressive " in Fulham is not saying please when you order a skinny latte at the Ethically Sourced Coffee Emporium.(Fulham Palace Rd -Avocado breakfasts a speciality)

By the way, the referee is Simon Hooper (Wiltshire) who reffed us at Cardiff on Boxing Day - can't say I remember much about him.

Love it. Make mine smashed avovado and smoked garlic on wholemeal toast drizzled with first press single estate olive oil accompanied by a skinny flat white, kopi luwak beans (fair trade of course).

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Preston are the Draw Kings.
Two defeats in twenty games , but plus nine draws.
Do do maths and that makes nine wins only.

The Old Count

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2018, 04:46:35 PM

Love it. Make mine smashed avovado and smoked garlic on wholemeal toast drizzled with first press single estate olive oil accompanied by a skinny flat white, kopi luwak beans (fair trade of course).
There was trouble at the home match with Preston - I spilt my macchiato over my mustard coloured courdroys when we equalised in injury time.

bog

A lot is down to our manager. He will be well aware of their style so will prepare accordingly. In Slavisa we trust. COYW!!!

092.gif 

One Martin Thomas

At last. Well said.

DevonFFC

Sent kalas off after 38 seconds at reading this season

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 10, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

At last. Well said.
I think calling them nasty could be a bit OTT, but even SJ has made a big point about hoping today's Ref is on top of any early 'close to the mark' tackles.
He said that Preston play very close to the rules, even over them.
Shows that our Manager And Coaches are fully aware of how far they would go to stop our best players.
No-one saw Derby as a Dirty side, but last Saturday's treatment to Cairney shows the lengths sides will go to, to stop our players.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Neil D

In the old days, a more 'agricultural' style of play was associated with Northern teams who liked to stick it to the Southern softies.  With hardly any British, let alone English, players featuring in the top two divisions these days, these old stereotypes have long since faded.