watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Run In

Started by Maccy91, March 07, 2018, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maccy91

A lot has been made of our fixtures in February & the 'tough 6', if we beat preston on saturday we will have amassed 16 from a possible 18. Which when you think back to October when it looked like we could just as easily get dragged into a relegation battle is unbelievable really.

I was always quietly confident about our games against the 'better' teams because its well documented that we are the best footballing side in the league and playing with the confidence we currently have if you try to play football against us you're going to get picked apart.

What im looking forward to is seeing how we deal with the teams that are willing to leave their ego at the gates and accept that they cant match us so they will just try to stop us. This has been our downfall over the last couple of years but im exited to watch what we can do now that we have the outlet of mitro to drag defenses out of position.

For what its worth i cant see us finishing top 2, assuming Cardiff win their game in hand they are 8 points clear and picking up points despite not playing very well, i know people are assuming they are gonna drop points as they are not playing well but a team that keeps winning no matter how well they play tend to be the ones who take home the bacon.

As long as we keep increasing the gap between us & 7th place i will be happy, what happens above us is out of our control now, the fact we even having this conversation after the start we had is amazing.

MrFFC

2nd is still a long shot as they have a healthy gap on us wth games running out. Key is to keep winning finish 3rd or 4th so the 2nd leg is a home game
Come on you Whites!! :)

wiresandmore

Basically, we need them to drop points againtst some or all (!) of  Brentford, Villa, Wolves, Derby, Sheff U. That's still possible. We also need Wolves to beat Villa of course.

Denver Fulham

Right before this run against the top 8, we took 10 points from 12 against Burton, Barnsley, Forest and Bolton. Assuming current health, we should be fine. Getting Targett and Mitro in along with getting Cairney fit has transformed a quality side with some weak spots into a balanced monster in this division. It's somewhat optimistic to believe we'll end the season with a 24-match unbeaten streak, but I suspect we'll win most of our remaining matches. We'll see what CCFC does.

Fulhamfan666

Did my prediction and this is what I got:

Wolves 104
fulham 90
_______
cardiff 90
villa 87
boro 79
derby 76
_______
brentford 73
shef u 71
bristol c
leeds 67
millwall 67
ipswich 66

KJS

I actually thought that Sheff Utd came to play hardball not football on Tuesday and we managed to get round that and score 3 so I believe this Fulham side know have the know how to beat the physical sides

SWSixer

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on March 08, 2018, 06:00:44 PM

Wolves 104
fulham 90
_______
cardiff 90
villa 87
boro 79
derby 76
_______
brentford 73
shef u 71
bristol c
leeds 67
millwall 67
ipswich 66

Where do I sign?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Maccy91 on March 07, 2018, 11:24:23 AM
A lot has been made of our fixtures in February & the 'tough 6', if we beat preston on saturday we will have amassed 16 from a possible 18. Which when you think back to October when it looked like we could just as easily get dragged into a relegation battle is unbelievable really.

I was always quietly confident about our games against the 'better' teams because its well documented that we are the best footballing side in the league and playing with the confidence we currently have if you try to play football against us you're going to get picked apart.

What im looking forward to is seeing how we deal with the teams that are willing to leave their ego at the gates and accept that they cant match us so they will just try to stop us. This has been our downfall over the last couple of years but im exited to watch what we can do now that we have the outlet of mitro to drag defenses out of position.

For what its worth i cant see us finishing top 2, assuming Cardiff win their game in hand they are 8 points clear and picking up points despite not playing very well, i know people are assuming they are gonna drop points as they are not playing well but a team that keeps winning no matter how well they play tend to be the ones who take home the bacon.

As long as we keep increasing the gap between us & 7th place i will be happy, what happens above us is out of our control now, the fact we even having this conversation after the start we had is amazing.

We did not simply beat Villa, Wolves, and Derby. The club completely outclassed 3 out of the 4 other top teams in the division. Aggregate score, 6-1. As currently constructed, Fulham are the best club in the division. It is not a matter of whether Fulham can catch Cardiff, just whether the schedule will end before it happens. Don't believe 7th place is even a factor at this point. 

Litrecola_

It has been a fantastic year, they ran the gauntlet without looking "Fulhamish" if promotion doesn't happen this team will look completely different next year, so many will leave.

One Martin Thomas

Wolves 104
fulham 90
_______
cardiff 90
villa 87
boro 79
derby 76
_______
brentford 73
shef u 71
bristol c
leeds 67
millwall 67
ipswich 66

Preston ??? A very dangerous team playing well. I would put them in playoff over Derby.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

No one rated Huddersfield did they?
All that I would say is watch out for Middlesborough. They are my dark horses.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes both Middlesbrough and PNE are dark horses, especially Middlesbrough, and It wouldn't surprise me if both of them finished up in the playoffs.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2018, 05:31:25 AM

Wolves 104
fulham 90
_______
cardiff 90
villa 87
boro 79
derby 76
_______
brentford 73
shef u 71
bristol c
leeds 67
millwall 67
ipswich 66

Preston ??? A very dangerous team playing well. I would put them in playoff over Derby.

Honestly I can't see them making it.

EJL

We outclassed Newcastle, Huddersfield and Reading last season, and came close to beating Brighton twice, but the playoffs were a different beast. I do think we're playing better than we ever did last year, so who knows how we would fare.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: EJL on March 09, 2018, 03:52:01 PM
We outclassed Newcastle, Huddersfield and Reading last season, and came close to beating Brighton twice, but the playoffs were a different beast. I do think we're playing better than we ever did last year, so who knows how we would fare.
Agreed, depends a lot on who the ref is - a la Reading last year!
We are easily the best footballing team, but that means little if you come up against a non footballing team and their officials.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on March 09, 2018, 03:29:33 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 09, 2018, 05:31:25 AM

Wolves 104
fulham 90
_______
cardiff 90
villa 87
boro 79
derby 76
_______
brentford 73
shef u 71
bristol c
leeds 67
millwall 67
ipswich 66

Honestly I can't see them making it.

Find it strange you don't have them in even in the top 12.  I was reading the villa forum the other day and most of their fans rate PNE very highly; as do I. They are on an excellent run and with Maguire back, look very dangerous on the counter. They will not allow us to play and will therefore chase us down. On current form, this is one of the hardest matches of the last 6.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As I said on another thread.
Preston have two defeats in their last twenty games. What is interesting is that they are unbeaten in their last ten away games, but have two defeats in their last five home games.
Also they are the draw kings- Nine in twenty games,plus nine wins.
What does that say about their approach and style?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist link=topic=64147.msg941643#msg941643 date=152068
What does that say about their approach and style?
/quote]

Defensive, with a counter- attacking bent!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

sunburywhite

Quote from: Litrecola_ on March 09, 2018, 04:17:49 AM
It has been a fantastic year, they ran the gauntlet without looking "Fulhamish" if promotion doesn't happen this team will look completely different next year, so many will leave.

If we do get promoted it will have to look a totally different team for next season
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me