watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Accrington Stanley

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 11, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

A club that has come back from the dead.
Beat Luton yesterday to go top of league 2 on the smallest budget in the league and crowds under 2,000.
I really hope they go up would be good.
I'd love Accrington folk get out there and support them instead of following all the bigger clubs down the road, there a good side and play some good stuff from what I've seen on Channel 5 highlights.

filham

Accrington Stanley along with Halifax were always looked upon as a club that were never going to make it.
Good to see them doing well just now.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 11, 2018, 02:53:10 PM
Beat Luton yesterday to go top of league 2 on the smallest budget in the league and crowds under 2,000.
I'd love Accrington folk get out there and support them instead of following all the bigger clubs down the road, there a good side and play some good stuff from what I've seen on Channel 5 highlights.

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Excellent posting. From seeing them fold up mid season in, I think, 1961 and being replaced by Oxford United (Changing name from Headington United) I have always had a soft spot for them. I took note when they reformed and followed their progress. It was an emotional day when they made it back into the league. Two seasons ago they were on the edge of promotion but Bristol Rovers scored a 92nd minute winner in the last game and they missed out. I really hope they make it this time. I don't think the club, even the original one, has ever been promoted. Good luck to em.

092.gif 

res

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 11, 2018, 02:53:10 PM

On minimal crowds and funding...from what I've seen of them they play direct but not unskilful football, keep going until the final whistle and always have a couple of strikers who knock in plenty of goals (Kee has got 20 plus goals) and always get players in the box. Nothing too scientific or clever but effective (but maybe being effective is clever)

ffcwickford

Bumble - David Lloyd - commentator for Sky Cricket is a massive Accrington Stanley fan and he regularly tweets about them!

HatterDon

Even I'm glad they're doing well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel