watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would worry us over 2 legs

Started by BedsFFC, March 11, 2018, 04:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

I would respect any side we may meet in the play offs and no side will be easier to play than any other side because it is a unique type of competition.  The prize is huge, the pressure enormous, and the two emotional outcomes at the conclusion of both semi and final stages so starkly different.  I'd like to believe there is a winning football formula but I rather doubt that and feel it is mental toughness that gets you through the process.  I also believe last season's top six teams were every bit as good as the likely lads this season.  It is the closest thing in football to a lottery and that is why teams try desperately hard to get into the top two places. 

Let us see how the business end of the league season pans out before we get sick with worry about a repetition of last year.  There are still twenty seven points to play for in much more familiar territory than the three game knockout.   If we can keep the engine running at full steam we may be celebrating in rather different style come May.

MJG

Any team will be tough, but what I have tried to do is look back at the eight teams we could face and pull out some key stats.

Green is the top (Best?) stat and red (Worst?) is the bottom stat in each section. The data is the average in the two games against each one.

Certainly against Cardiff we do not play our normal game.
Just the views of a long term fan

The Enclosurite

As it currently looks as though we will finish either 3rd or 4th for a play off place we'll have the comfort of the 2nd leg being played at the Cottage so we should definitely fear nobody.  Even if takes a 2ng leg comeback of Juve proportions I believe nothing is impossible with this current side.

Still a way to go though and we should all take a leaf out of Slav's book and take it one game at a time.   049:gif
¡COYW!

berba

It is not worth to worry about trifles.

Woolly Mammoth

It's all on the day, history counts for very little.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I reckon if we finish above Villa we will go up automatically. All credit so far to Cardiff for hanging in there, but I just cannot see them any higher than third, they are ravaged by injuries and they haven't really got the same depth in quality as ourselves Wolves, Villa and Borough.
Then again, even a couple of draws let alone defeats will enable the chasing pack to catch Wolves.
I get the impression that Jok has really got the flavour of the thought of second spot, and he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

3 more wins and we are in the playoffs in my opinion.

The teams in 7th won't get 2 points per game average but even if they did, 3 wins and a couple of draws and we'd be safely in.

the nutflush

Barcelona.  But if we played our second leg at home I reckon we could run over the top of em like we did Juve. 

BedsFFC

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 11, 2018, 04:05:42 PM
For a team that is only 1 point ahead of us, it's odd to say that I really don't think we will catch Villa. They are at home to qpr this week and I just don't think we can catch them.

I think we will catch Cardiff. Got a feeling they will implode. They are not playing well and have tough games.

It took 5 hours to prove I've no idea what I'm talking about.

I usually bluff it a little longer than that

bobbo

Yep Middlesbrough a real worry they we're looking very good when they brushed Leeds aside recently.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Andy S

Every team is dangerous in the play off's as we saw last season If you cannot raise your game for the play offs you would have been found out by now. It's not about being the best team it's about winning, that's all. I don't fear any team in the final as Wembley is a big pitch and will suit our style better than most. The biggest factor is to play the first leg of the first game away. That is dependant on the position you finish. The reason being it is very nervey and nobody wants to give anything away. Also you cannot build up a substantial enough lead where you cannot get caught in the return leg as the games tend not to open up until late

Milo

Boro biggest concern for me.

I think with Mitro we have a chance. Not just saying that to jump on the band wagon but genuinely to go up in the playoffs you need a goalscorer to get those tap ins.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on March 14, 2018, 08:13:59 AM
Every team is dangerous in the play off's as we saw last season If you cannot raise your game for the play offs you would have been found out by now. It's not about being the best team it's about winning, that's all.
I agree it is about winning and I also believe we are better at it this season than we were last season.  We just need to carry on winning games and see where it gets us in the final table.  After that it is about getting results just as it always was.

Woolly Mammoth

If we achieve second place, we haven't got to worry about play offs.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Nine games left and only three outside of London, we only have to travel to Norwich (winable), Shef.Wed. (hard) and Birmingham (they could be desperate for 3 points but it may not matter to us).

We really shoul coast into the play offs but as we know anything can happen in those games.

Max Headroom

The play offs are a lottery. We were the strongest team in the play offs last ar andhuddersfield the weakes on form....

One James stannard

Quote from: ..FOF.. on March 12, 2018, 04:59:31 AM
Fulham's own mental capabilities going into the playoff would worry me.

It will be back to a level playing field once the playoff starts because almost everyone will have a renewed sense of hopes and ambitions.

0001.jpeg