watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR--Good Over The Top Shows to Watch

Started by Forever Fulham, March 15, 2018, 02:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Wife and I just finished the last episode of "Happy Valley", starring Sarah Lancashire (who is amazing in the role).  On Netflix.
Now we're looking for another episodic series.  Any suggestions?   Also I highly recommend a documentary titled "Icarus".  Very good.

HatterDon

We're in the second season of "Hap and Leonard" over here. Hap's a Brit with a very good East Texas accent, and Leonard is played by the ice cold killer from "The Wire."

There's also been two series of "Top of the Lake" that I'd recommend.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CincyFulham1

I've been watching Hinterland on Netflix, a crime drama set in Wales.  Some of my fellow Americans may need CC.  I've just watched the first episode of Happy Valley and liked it.

RaySmith

Highly recommend Breaking Bad offshoot - Better Call Saul.

Orange is the New Black and  House of Cards also brilliant.

Ozark is  good thriller series I recently watched on Netflix.

Weeds is an enjoyable dark comedy series.

I believe all these are on Netflix.

BedsFFC

If you want a gritty cop drama, I highly recommend 7 Seconds. New on Netflix.

Pretty heavy stuff. I binged it. It's set in New Jersey.

Clare-Hope Ashitey who is a brit is great playing the main role of rookie alcoholic lawyer. She's very good

BestOfBrede

Gomorrah - Italian (subtitles), but if that doesn't bother you I think it's worth watching.

Jimpav

Narcos is a good watch, although can be very violent at times.

Another vote for House of Cards.

Both on Netflix.

Burt

Being a Michael Connelly fan, I enjoyed Bosch, on Amazon Prime.

Better Call Saul on Netflix is worth a look too, it stars the dodgy lawyer from Breaking Bad.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 15, 2018, 12:33:35 PM
Gomorrah - Italian (subtitles), but if that doesn't bother you I think it's worth watching.

Gamorrah is great! Wondering if there's enough meat left on the bone, so to speak, to have a 3rd season?

Also, I just started watching 'The End of the ****ing World'. Dark comedy but pretty good so far. 'Black Mirror' I've just taken a look at but is really good sci fi. "Stranger Things" if you've not already watched it.

Concur on 'House of Cards', 'Ozark', 'Weeds'. The rest I've not watched.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

Glitch, i Zombie, The Undertaker are all different types of thriller worth a delve into. Glitch an Aussie thriller of two seasons about people returning form the dead but nobody knowing why. iZombie - a very light hearted American thriller about Zombies and The Undertaker is a subtitled type of Midsomer Murders about a an ex policeman who  now runs the family Undertakers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulhamfan666

the US version of House of cards is fantastic.

mrmicawbers

Agree with House of Cards.others i enjoyed,Breaking Bad,Dexter,Sons of Anarchy and if you have not seen it my all time favourite The Sopranos.

Slaphead in Qatar

How can anyone want to watch house of cards after what Kevin spacey has been accused of. The man makes my skin crawl.

VancouverWhite

People Just Do Nothing

If you go into it expecting a silly comedy, you will enjoy it.

Milo