Yes
6 (15.4%)
No
25 (64.1%)
He'll make the next Squad
8 (20.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

BedsFFC

Not in 19's. So it will be 21's or full

Milo

Horsfield_No9

He's in the U21s. Is that the first time?

e4b

Fernhurst

Oh, I do hope not, he's still emerging from his chrysalis.
It may be argued his brain is fast and mature enough to play, but he still needs to mature physically to star at International level.
His talent is undoubtedly the best FFC has produced since The Maestro, I really hope he gets the time to mature at his pace.
If (big if) we could obtain a Premier League spot, it would be perfect for Ryan to begin his top level education.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Took so long typing, missed the announcement.

Well done Ryan,,,, Perfect

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on March 15, 2018, 11:59:51 AM
What do you think? Too soon?

Maybe too soon, he could be in the U/21s though.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 15, 2018, 01:23:45 PM
Oh, I do hope not, he's still emerging from his chrysalis.
It may be argued his brain is fast and mature enough to play, but he still needs to mature physically to star at International level.
His talent is undoubtedly the best FFC has produced since The Maestro, I really hope he gets the time to mature at his pace.
If (big if) we could obtain a Premier League spot, it would be perfect for Ryan to begin his top level education.

I think it's perfect that he is working his way through the age categories for both club and country. Small steps rather than big ones where the expectation is unessesary. Perfectly managed by his older brother who is his agent and by a club that genuinely cares. England have seen so many hyped players become casualties of the game by moving clubs too early or being expected to carry the national team before they can walk. Thrilled for the lad to make U21s for the first time.

jeremyfulham

Burt

Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon has been called up to the England Under-21 squad for the first time.

The 17-year-old has scored 14 goals in 40 appearances for the Cottagers this season.

He helped the England Under-19 side win Euro 2017 last summer and has made 14 appearances for the Young Lions but will now be involved in Aidy Boothroyd's squad.

The Under-21s host Romania in a friendly at Wolves on March 24 before their Euro 2019 qualifier against Ukraine at Bramall Lane in Sheffield on March 27.

Tammy Abraham, Angus Gunn and Harry Winks are all included in the squad, with Liverpool's Ovie Ejaria - on loan at Sunderland - handed his first call-up.

'It's been a good start to our new Euro campaign,' said Boothroyd, ahead of his squad meeting up at St George's Park next week.

'We've got 13 points from the five games, a five-point lead at the top of our group and after analysing all of those games from different areas, we still think we could be better, so that's a real positive.

'We'll now be working hard to make sure we keep improving on our games so far and we've got two matches this month against Romania and Ukraine to try and do that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5505191/England-21s-call-Fulham-star-Ryan-Sessegnon-time.html#ixzz59pIdgPjp

General

Think it's sensible to still move him up an age category but not thrust him into full internationals just yet. Assume the jump up will be less of a shock if training with them.

Anyone know how England integrate u21 with full first team? Training sessions at similar times?

Bill2

Too soon for full squad but right for U21, see how he gets on in the Prem next season then full squad.

Milo

Quote from: Statto on March 15, 2018, 01:26:20 PM
Quote from: Milo on March 15, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
Very silly if he is.

Why?
He's good enough.
Apparently Tarkowski will be in, some even saying Lewis Dunk

The full squad? You're joking.

He wouldn't get a game .. it'd just be a waste and heap pressure on him and the team for very little reason.

MikeW

I'm pleased he's in the age group selected.  Lots of time for the rest.

Amazed though that Danny Rose gets selected.  He is a pretty average full back but has the ego of a mountain.  Can't think Southgate will be influenced by that so he must see something in him!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bassey the warrior

I'm pleased he isn't. There's no rush. Still lots he can develop on. The main benefit would be to boost his value, but I don't want us to sell.

Carborundum

I'm hoping to see England win a World Cup in my lifetime.  That won't be done solely by middle of the road play-it-by-numbers types, unless it's supplemented by emerging talents the opposition are unprepared for.  The lad's like a cat in the box and knows what to do.  Southgate should pick him.

Dunk and Tarkowski are good shouts for centre back.  Gary Cahill has never impressed me and Harry Maguire will be found out by the very best.  But those two can play.

filham

An under 21 cap for a 17 year old is a magnificent achievement, best keep his progress at a nice steady pace at the moment.