watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Rebuild Season 18/19

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, March 18, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Assuming we don't go up, which, I know is a real possibility, and, as a business, the Club will surely have one eye on on this already.

However, how much of a job will the rebuild be, in the 18/19 season, to keep the squad at the current level it is today?

Assuming Slav stays, and, enters into the 3rd year of his contract, we have to consider the following:

Kalas, Targett, Norwood, Piazon, Ojo, Mitrovic all return to their parent Clubs.

Cairney, Fredericks most likely to leave for Premiership football.

Sessegnon, or Cairney (if he doesn't want away) will need to be sold to fund the first team, as the parachute payments finish end of this season. 

For me, personally, this 3rd season, is going to be the most toughest for the Kahn's so far, as they are going to have to be organised, prepared, making moves early in the summer, and, limiting the amount of disruptions behind the scenes.

Also, if Cairney and Sessegnon are sold, the investment, and recruitment of players, needs to be spot on, with players bought that a) step straight in, and b) can play in Slavs system.

Obviously, this all changes, if we get promoted, but, surely something worth talking about.

berba

A thought may come to you: "If I break my leg, that and that will happen to me." Thousands of similar thoughts may come to you in one day. All that may happen, if you assume it, but if you do not assume it, it will not happen. I say, stop assuming things. Since so far we have been talking and talking, the best we can do now is to spend a week or so in silence.

RaySmith

I'm not sure what worrying about this now achieves.
Basically, we don't know what will happen if we don't go up - who amongst the management and players will stay or go.

It probably won't be as Domesday a scenario as you predict, but no walk in the park either.

Still, let's  focus on our remaining games, and hope we do go up - we're certainly capable.

filham

Sure , promotion failure will probably lead to significant changes next season and we couldn't expect a new promotion chasing team to be made available over the summer.

Yes the management should be thinking about this possible situation right now, they should also be thinking of how they will handle promotion.

Me, I am going to enjoy the run in with nothing but promotion on my mind.

Lighthouse

We could well do a Sheffield Wednesday or Reading if we fail to go up. But it is hard to talk of individual players going or staying. I think we are just as likely to lose the coach. Joka has stayed with us longer than most of the clubs he has been with. But IF we actually replace those going with a strong spine to the side as we should have done last Summer. Less talented players but a better team may still be the outcome.

The joy of football is it could go either way. If we do go up and come straight down again. What would be the point? More questions than answers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

..FOF..

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on March 18, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

Obviously, this all changes, if we get promoted, but, surely something worth talking about.

Not much differences between those 2 scenarios.

Promoted or staying, I feel that the team will be rebuilt and have a lot of changes in the next season.

Once promoted, we will be more attractive to better players at the same price for less skilful ones in the Championship level. There Will Be Transfer Drama, hehe.

AnotherOldgit

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 19, 2018, 02:02:27 PM
If we do go up and come straight down again. What would be the point? More questions than answers.

Parachute money?

west kowloon white

Was having a really nice and cheerful day.
We have ,arguably,the best chance of winning the lottery that is the playoffs- will reserve wrist slashing until May and crack a beer.

Robbie

Interesting debate. I must admit I am wondering whether to renew my season ticket. If we go up we will lose loads of matches and lots of games will be at stupid times.

If we don't go up I reckon mid table for next season. Plenty of tickets to buy.

Jimsbeerbelly

Guy's, this post wasn't intended to demoralise anyone, or, bring a negative vibe to our great run, I just thought it was an interesting subject to discuss, because, however this season turns out, it will need to be faced (sorry if already posted before).

Great, if we go up, we never need to speak about it again, but, if we remain down, and want a 3rd attempt at promotion, all that I posted will need a addressing.

I was more interested, in how people think the Club will approach the situation, given the past experiences of getting things a bit wrong.