News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are there enough police at the Putney End exit after the game?

Started by SP, March 18, 2018, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Unless I'm mistaken, the police formed a solid line separating the home & away fans on exit until reaching Bishops Park during the Premiership years.

The two groups now seem to mix while emotions are running high immediately outside the ground. From what I saw yesterday & after the Wolves game we've been lucky there wasnt trouble. Presumably this falls under police control as it is outside the ground?

Kent Cassandra

I walked right through the Rangers fans and chatted amicably to some on the walk back to Putney Bridge.
There was a lot of singing and chanting and I gather they were really pleased and surprised to get a draw.
The police looked bored as usual as they rarely have to deal with trouble.
Maybe it all kicked off after I left, did anyone see anything?
My emotions were running low but what does that mean?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

RaySmith

There aren't the police numbers to have such a presence these days, because of the cuts.
Plus Championship games, unless it's someone like Millwall or Leeds, don't have the same priority as Prem.

But I remember, when we were in divs 3 and 4, always being surprised at the number of police outside the Cottage, with horses etc., though the crowds were really small, with little chance of trouble.

Penalties are draconian for anyone convicted of an offense during a game though, however minor..

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on March 19, 2018, 08:40:14 AM
There aren't the police numbers to have such a presence these days, because of the cuts.

I was at a Met Police meeting with fans groups a few weeks ago and those cuts will only get worse and we will see numbers of front line officers fall by about 10-15% over next 3 years. So expect to see games where there will be as small as possible police numbers.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Didn't anyone tell the Rangers fans that by going to Putney Bridge they were walking away from the Bush.

Dixie

QPR fans seemed to be pretty good-natured as far as i could see.
There were a group of lads in front of me who all seemed to be friends with about half Fulham and half Rangers.
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dixie on March 19, 2018, 01:08:50 PM
QPR fans seemed to be pretty good-natured as far as i could see.
There were a group of lads in front of me who all seemed to be friends with about half Fulham and half Rangers.

That's the way it should be 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

west kowloon white

Seemed to me there were more than enough police present and they don't come for free.Biggest problem was horse poo avoidance not the ,yawn,cuts

KJS

No problems at all from what I saw just a  bit of banter, the aggravation increases if there are too many Police as its normally aimed at them (especially in the case of Millwall)

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The only real trouble I have seen this season was the Cardiff fans in Bishops Park after the police had told them to stop using obscene language.

They back chatted the Police and there were struggles and one or two were arrested.
It as quite clear that they had had too much drink.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: west kowloon white on March 19, 2018, 03:36:42 PM
Seemed to me there were more than enough police present and they don't come for free.Biggest problem was horse poo avoidance not the ,yawn,cuts

Yes the horse poo, that's why I always carry a shovel and a sack with me to matches. Makes good Manure for my vegetables up at the allotment.

Never forget your Roots.

west kowloon white

Surprised they let you into the ground with a shovel and would have thought you would have produced enough of your own to cover a very large veggie patch.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: west kowloon white on March 19, 2018, 06:54:56 PM
Surprised they let you into the ground with a shovel and would have thought you would have produced enough of your own to cover a very large veggie patch.

I have never mentioned bringing any shovel into the ground. I leave the shovel outside with one of those Police Officers you are mentioning that loaf around whilst the match is proceeding. I never use my own Manure, too much iron and protein.

Never forget your Roots.

west kowloon white

Could you pm me with your plod contact in case I need to store my garden tool during the match - thanks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: west kowloon white on March 19, 2018, 11:19:46 PM
Could you pm me with your plod contact in case I need to store my garden tool during the match - thanks.

Unfortunately due to the Data Protection Act 1987, I am prevented from disclosing Confidential & Restricted Information, as this is a personal and privileged arrangement between two consenting adults.

Never forget your Roots.