watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, April 03, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

I think some season ticket holders struggle to get to midweek games thus empty seats. I would have lent me ST to some one who could go but when I tried that me couldn't go either.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: General on April 04, 2018, 01:25:27 AM
Quote from: Count Flapula on April 04, 2018, 12:33:47 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on April 04, 2018, 12:15:48 AM
I never really felt comfortable. I thought they pretty much used the qpr game as a template. They even pushed higher 2nd half as well. Honestly, I thought they deserved a draw

How did they deserve a draw? We had 60-40 possession, twice as many shots, twice as many on target, three times as many gilt edge chances (6 to 2 by my reckoning). They did well and we've played better but by no measure did they deserve a draw.

I was thinking this too - they may have just deserved a draw due to the fact they had two heavily guilt edged chances.. but with that in mind, one of them Betts saved... the other, well in all honesty they should've scored.. how to head over from there - he just needed to get it on target. That said though, before half time we should've been even further ahead - Ayite missed a guilt edged chance of his own and so did a few others... evens itself out.

I do think our players look more fatigued and could do with the rest they're about to get. Good to see Kalas get a run out though. Feel Jokanovic may have played it a bit safely these last couple of games with his choices of subs - Putting on Norwood for Ayite, eaving us with four CM's on the pitch seemed odd, although I noticed it meant Mcdonald went into shielding the back 4 more, but then he put on Kalas. Teams fear our attacking options and in these scenarios putting on a big athletic player like Kamara or a nippy player like Kebano would've been just as productive I feel.

that said though, another clean sheet, another two goals, another win - 18th game unbeaten and we've been through the entire spectrum of winning whilst playing poorly/ugly and dominating teams..

Just got to hope the Cardiff let slip in their games against Wolves, Villa and Derby... If they do, we could very well catch them, although I'm not underestimating the games we have against Brentford, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday.

Still quite some way off the Championship record for going games unbeaten... Reading went through the 2005/06 season not losing for 33 games apparently.
Yet another game of two halves.
Leeds had gained control of the midfield to such an extent that we brought Norewood on to toughen up the centre ground and moved Cairney to the wide right position. Leeds missed a number of easy chances in the second half and could easily have scored three goals. Too much like the second half against QPR for my liking and am wondering if we could now see more of the same from other teams.

However a great fighting performance from all our players who at the moment are battle hardened and who gathered three more points that means we are all but certain of a play off place.

Twig

Quote from: grandad on April 04, 2018, 12:14:52 PM
To me Ayite was poor & don´t know what he really offers. Kebano deserves a shot as does Kamara. We need them both to have game time for the playoffs.

I think that is a bit harsh. He was full of running and a couple of inches away from scoring from one of the best moves of the match.  Not his best but poor?  That said I would lime to see Kebano given a start, don't know what he has done wrong to so limit his opportunities. 

SP

Grot will have nightmares over that miss.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: SP on April 04, 2018, 08:11:06 PM
Grot will have nightmares over that miss.
For some reason, he tried  to head it up (and succeeded) when every Hackney Marshes coach would have told him, "just head it down, you plonker!"
Nogood "thank god for plonkers, isit" Boyo

filham

Quote from: Twig on April 04, 2018, 01:02:25 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 04, 2018, 12:14:52 PM
To me Ayite was poor & don´t know what he really offers. Kebano deserves a shot as does Kamara. We need them both to have game time for the playoffs.

I think that is a bit harsh. He was full of running and a couple of inches away from scoring from one of the best moves of the match.  Not his best but poor?  That said I would lime to see Kebano given a start, don't know what he has done wrong to so limit his opportunities. 
That wide right position really is up for grabs, hope someone can make it their own before the play offs. Kamara deserves a little more game time just now.

Stevieboy

A big swathe taken up by the barrier between away and neutrals and with the whole away support standing hard to estimate empty seats......even 20/30 years ago we seemed to be always underestimating the crowds!!!
Don't tell the taxman!

toshes mate

Agreeing with Statto's analysis, with Ayite and Piazon you know what you are going to get plus the odd moments when both players can produce the unexpected (and good) difference.  The same can be said about Kebano but, like Ojo, he is also very capable of poor decision making.  Kamara, IMO, is still learning how to turn his potential into real returns.  In other words Ayite and Piazon can change games more often than the alternative choices can.