Main Menu

Kalas or Odoi

Started by filham, April 05, 2018, 12:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Quote from: Carborundum on April 05, 2018, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 05, 2018, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on April 05, 2018, 08:06:24 PM
Still think Odoi at the moment. Why change a winning formula. He's a better ball player than Kalas I think

Can't agree that he's a better ball player.
You are both right.  Odoi does things with a football that are outrageously confident, better than Kalas and quite likely everyone else at the club.  Kalas does more conservative things, more suitable choices for a centre back to make.  Happy we have both at our disposal and utterly astonished that Tim Ream has become our rock with two players of Kalas and Odoi's ability fighting to partner him.

^^^^This^^^^
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Twig

Still think Odoi at the moment. Why change a winning formula. He's a better ball player than Kalas I think

Have always argued that he is a slightly better ball player in the sense that he is extremely comfortable to be a foundation for our build up play.  Kalas is an excellent FB but when Odoi plays he shares the distribution task more evenly with Ream, a lot of our moves start, or go through, Odoi. 

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on April 06, 2018, 01:18:46 AM

Have always argued that he is a slightly better ball player in the sense that he is extremely comfortable to be a foundation for our build up play.  Kalas is an excellent FB but when Odoi plays he shares the distribution task more evenly with Ream, a lot of our moves start, or go through, Odoi. 

Agree.

S.F.Sorrow

What about Kalas AND Odoi?

Ream could do with a rest I think. In the last couple of weeks there has been a glimpse of the "old" Ream, making horrible and completely unnecessary mistakes. We were lucky not to concede a goal in at least 3-4 situations caused by Ream in the last 4-6 matches. I guess you could say the same for other players but Ream's mistakes always seem so completely unnecessary and avoidable. A momentary loss of concentration. We need him sharper than that for the playoffs.

Probably not the right moment to experiment in defense right now but the moment automatic promotion is 100% out of reach I would like to see Ream rested.

filham

Our back four, shielded by McDonald, is looking pretty safe right now, just hope it can stay free of injury until the end of the season.

Twig

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on April 06, 2018, 08:14:53 AM
What about Kalas AND Odoi?

Ream could do with a rest I think. In the last couple of weeks there has been a glimpse of the "old" Ream, making horrible and completely unnecessary mistakes. We were lucky not to concede a goal in at least 3-4 situations caused by Ream in the last 4-6 matches. I guess you could say the same for other players but Ream's mistakes always seem so completely unnecessary and avoidable. A momentary loss of concentration. We need him sharper than that for the playoffs.

Probably not the right moment to experiment in defense right now but the moment automatic promotion is 100% out of reach I would like to see Ream rested.

It's a thought but which of the two would play on Ream's side?

hovewhite

Quote from: Carborundum on April 05, 2018, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 05, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

Can't agree that he's a better ball player.
You are both right.  Odoi does things with a football that are outrageously confident, better than Kalas and quite likely everyone else at the club.  Kalas does more conservative things, more suitable choices for a centre back to make.  Happy we have both at our disposal and utterly astonished that Tim Ream has become our rock with two players of Kalas and Odoi's ability fighting to partner him.
agreed100%