watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Calling it now

Started by JDH101, April 05, 2018, 08:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

We will end up on 91 points and Cardiff will end up on 87.

Yorkshirewhite

All my league promotion predictions had us end with 91 in second, but I feel I may have been biased ๐Ÿ˜‚

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: JDH101 on April 05, 2018, 08:59:22 PM

What you haven't factored in, is that Villa will end on 92 ๐Ÿ˜œ

Woolly Mammoth

My biased opinion is that Cardiff will capitulate over their remaining 7 matches, we will then have enough in our tank to not only overtake them, but also stay ahead of Villa.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Never forget your Roots.

JDH101

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 05, 2018, 09:35:33 PM

Agree that they have a very winnable run in, but I think I had them on 87.

Deeping_white

Quote from: JDH101 on April 05, 2018, 10:45:37 PM
Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 05, 2018, 09:35:33 PM

Agree that they have a very winnable run in, but I think I had them on 87.

They can only get to 91 anyway.

filham

If the remaining six games are going to be as tight and physical as the Leeds game then they are going to be littered with red cards, injuries,disputed goals, errors, draws and defeats. Teams are now out to stop us and it will be immpossible to make 90 points under these conditions. We will have to settle for 80 points and the play offs.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on April 06, 2018, 10:38:43 AM
If the remaining six games are going to be as tight and physical as the Leeds game then they are going to be littered with red cards, injuries,disputed goals, errors, draws and defeats. Teams are now out to stop us and it will be immpossible to make 90 points under these conditions. We will have to settle for 80 points and the play offs.

You honestly think we're going to take 5 points from 6 games?

Milo

If Wolves win tonight it's possible!

filham

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 06, 2018, 10:41:14 AM

You honestly think we're going to take 5 points from 6 games?
Once we see that 2nd place is out of our reach and the play offs are a certainty we could take our foot of the peddle, rotate players, ensure we avoid tackles and injuries and treat every match as a play off warm up.

Riversider

If (and it's still a sizeable IF) Cardiff City lose tonight they won't go up !
Think Villa will beat them on Tuesday night and they will then crack and end up losing in the play offs,
But my tea leaves sadly are forecasting Villa 2nd and us 3rd if Cardiff lose tonight.

I am concerned though by the Wolves manager and some Wolves players all complaining this week about bothย  mental and physical tiredness , this is going to be a tough ask for Wolves tonight, a Cardiff victory signals the end for Fulham and Villa as far as automatic is concerned,
Come on you Wolves.

Woolly Mammoth

You cannot switch off and on because of what may happen that is out of our control. Winning in Sport does not work like that. It's the adrenaline that pushes athletes to cross the winning post.
Our best bet is to keep beating all and sundry, to keep the momentum and the winning mentality which is the key to success.
Of course the team has to be managed and adjusted accordingly, and we have the players on the bench and in the squad to enable the manager to do that. It's no crisis, so it's no drama either.
Sow seeds of doubt in players minds about being tired, and they will eventually start believing it.
However, with three subs to play with, that means six of the match day squad will not play a full game every match.
With football in general, I am not aiming it at our players.
It's not too much to ask players to give their all, these days on carpet like pitches with the tackle from behind banished, in fact very little contact allowed on the field of play to prevent the little darlings to hurt themselves, players are more likely to injure themselves diving and feigning injury.
In the good old black and white days, there were no subs, so if you broke your leg, you had to stay on the pitch.
All sorts of tackles on all sorts of muddy uneven pitches.
Players just got on with it, it seperates the men from the snowflakes.
So stop wrapping them up with cotton wool.
Most players would rather play the full ninety mins, if it was down to them. Unless of course they happen to be a sicknote you occasionally comes across from time to time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

PhilEsh

How would it be Impossible?