Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

So, Sunderland has now been moved.

April home fixtures:
-Tuesday
-Tuesday
-Saturday late
-Friday

I have to say that my motivation to renew my season ticket is fading !

Rambler

Agree, sadly I've had to refund my Sunderland ticket as I work out of London and won't make it for the game on Friday evening. Still, it'll be on tv but it's not the same as going live

snarks

The only blame you can attribute to the club for this is playing too well!

It comes of having sold our* soul to TV

*football's

MikeTheCubed

"It's a joint commitment between the EFL & @SkySports to give 5 weeks notice for TV selections" Gary Hughes, Sky Sports Head of Football

843925287104630784[/tweet]][/url]

Does this commitment no longer apply or do they simply ignore it towards the end of the season?

MJG

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on April 05, 2018, 10:16:19 AM
"It's a joint commitment between the EFL & @SkySports to give 5 weeks notice for TV selections" Gary Hughes, Sky Sports Head of Football

843925287104630784[/tweet]][/url]

Does this commitment no longer apply or do they simply ignore it towards the end of the season?
They agreed to drop that for the last couple of weekends and go down to three weeks notice
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

I am guessing, of course, but perhaps Sky's interest in this fixture says more about Sunderland's current demise than it does about Fulham's making. 

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on April 05, 2018, 10:44:14 AM
I am guessing, of course, but perhaps Sky's interest in this fixture says more about Sunderland's current demise than it does about Fulham's making.
to be fair it could be a double story. Sunderland going down and us going ahead of Cardiff prior to their Saturday game with Hull.
Just the views of a long term fan

_Putney_

Quote from: Statto on April 05, 2018, 03:20:49 PM
With all due respect if a couple of extra midweek games makes you reconsider renewing your season ticket then are you a very loyal fan?

if your enthusiasm fades over this then presumably you wouldn't have any enthusiasm at all if we ever went back down to league one or two (... or maybe you'd prefer it in view the higher number of saturday games?)

must have hated the juventus and hamburg games on a thursday night

If you can't make it midweek then you can't. And that's reason to question renewing. Nothing to do with loyalty.

Twig

It's one of those things. i much prefer traditional Sat 3pm kick offs but the more we attract media attention the more we will be rescheduled.  Of the final 7 home games of this season not one will have been a 3 pm Saturday ko.  Very disappointing.

ffc73

Mid table mediocrity or worse = no sky & 3pm Saturday

Attractive team challenging for promotion = sky & fixture moves

I know it can be a pain but I prefer to suffer the inconvenience of the fixture changes

_Putney_

Quote from: Statto on April 05, 2018, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on April 05, 2018, 03:35:33 PM
With all due respect if a couple of extra midweek games makes you reconsider renewing your season ticket then are you a very loyal fan?

if your enthusiasm fades over this then presumably you wouldn't have any enthusiasm at all if we ever went back down to league one or two (... or maybe you'd prefer it in view the higher number of saturday games?)

If you can't make it midweek then you can't. And that's reason to question renewing. Nothing to do with loyalty.

ok fine but that's not the club's or sky's fault is it. and there are just as many (actually probably more) people who work saturday afternoons than there are working at 8pm on a tuesday.

that would be ok if the fixtures were originally for the midweek time, but they're not. they're advertised for the saturday kick off.... and we buy season tickets on that premise.  when more and more of them are moved, you begin to question the value of the season ticket... it may make more sense to buy tickets individually (particularly if there are odd occasions when you can't make saturday game either)

MikeW

I'm as loyal as they come but living in Gloucestershire, I tend to pick and choose my home games when I can afford a (McBrides) hospitality package and I come with a friend.

My son and I were doing such a visit for Sunderland but my lad (a school teacher) cannot get off early as its A level time and to be honest, the prospect of a Friday afternoon/evening trip into and out of London on the M4 has little appeal.

We will stock up on Peroni and watch from the sofa.  Fulham have refunded the tickets without issue.  I feel very sorry for ST holders though who cannot get refunds and are knocked from pillar to post.

I can see why people hate SKY but the reality is the coverage is superb (so much better than BT) that you have to accept it.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

KJS

Quote from: MikeW on April 05, 2018, 09:36:31 PM
I'm as loyal as they come but living in Gloucestershire, I tend to pick and choose my home games when I can afford a (McBrides) hospitality package and I come with a friend.

My son and I were doing such a visit for Sunderland but my lad (a school teacher) cannot get off early as its A level time and to be honest, the prospect of a Friday afternoon/evening trip into and out of London on the M4 has little appeal.

We will stock up on Peroni and watch from the sofa.  Fulham have refunded the tickets without issue.  I feel very sorry for ST holders though who cannot get refunds and are knocked from pillar to post.

I can see why people hate SKY but the reality is the coverage is superb (so much better than BT) that you have to accept it.

Totally agree especially as some fans have to work for a living and can't always get away for midweek  games loalty has nothing to do with this situation it's all about personal circumstances

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As I said on another thread I bought a half season ticket knowing that for health reasons I am unable to attend later than 3pm kick offs.

As a supporter for 67 years I will certainly think again next year before wasting my money!

Nero

Well once we're back in the premier league Sky wont be bothered about us until we play Man u or Man CIty

Twig

Quote from: Nero on April 06, 2018, 01:03:59 PM
Well once we're back in the premier league Sky wont be bothered about us until we play Man u or Man CIty

And as I said on another thread, they will when we are challenging for a top four place. Sorry those damned tablets again.....NURSE

Mince n Tatties

We all don't live in London you know.
I have to change 2 trains,its OK on Sat afternoon,but totally different sonario Tuesday night..Not getting any younger and getting home after midnight is poo.

David Allen Crankshaw

Travelling down from Manchester for a match and catching the overnight train back home on a Tuesday night on consecutive weeks is rather a fag and I was hoping for a leisurely Saturday journey for the Sunderland match. However I'll be there for the Sunderland game on the Friday. It will be worth it given that there's the chance of getting back to The Premier League.