more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Accounts

Started by We Are Premier League, April 05, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

MJG

We are bleeding money and lots of reasons why within the accounts. Wages up for a start which I must admit to being really surprised by that. But shows chairman has financed the losses and allowed club to still challenge by recycling the transfer fees generated and investing to keep club running.
Just the views of a long term fan

Fernhurst

It's only my opinion but I've thought for while we are lucky to have this particular owner.
I examined the accounts and found those figures eye watering.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Baszab

Need a more detailed analysis of all costs - interest /rent /amortisation of players contracts/ how profit on players' sales is exactly calculated

Lighthouse

As a company the money coming in through the gate and sponsorship and the rest of our money making efforts has gone up. But a football club that increases wages and is chasing improvement on and off the field is always going to haemorrhage money big time. The abandoned plans for the Riverside is a case in point. If money was important that was a nonsense economically. We do however have a very rich owner and as such must be thankful for that. We are and always will be in debt to the owner until we suddenly become a big club in a big ground. As we all love our traditional home that will never happen.

We will always need a rich owner who has our interests close to his heart. We will never be self sufficient unless we do find ourselves in the Prem and find a bigger ground. Those are the facts. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

Suppose it's MacIntosh getting the £750k a year. Barmy. That's 25 junior doctors.

Carborundum

Never mind accountants, it's a psychologist that would provide the deepest insight here.  The good news is that judging by his more frequent attendances, Mr Khan seems to be enjoying it more and more.

Fernhurst

"Do whatever it takes" in action in those accounts.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

davew

Like all good accountants I cannot provide free advice, however, as stated by others if we didn't have a rich owner we would be in big trouble and if we don't achieve promotion the club losses will increase unless our star players are sold.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

toshes mate

There is a note of the write-off involved in the design and planning costs of the Riverside stand (£7.1m), and the 2% spend on directors salaries for a medium sized company, with little reliable mitigation offered elsewhere.   These financial failures can all be traced back to relegation from the PL, perhaps via poor judgement, perhaps via naivety, perhaps via poor football business sense, but largely because we didn't get straight back up again.         

res

Figures are for 2016/7 and I suspect there will be a similar pattern for 2017/8. Shows the need to cash in on players where possible (Malone/Aluka are examples) which should come into accounts' play in 2017/8. Not sure how increased potential value of players comes into the accounts; for example Ryan S. may be valued at zero in the books but is potentially worth £20m plus as he's now under contract, similarly Ream and Cairney will be worth more than their book values given their potential transfer value now, especially if they sign new contracts (that assumes of course that they don't just run down their contract with zero value to us at the end of their contract)
Also shows Khan's investment so let's all get off his back...he's pumping in £millions

Holders

The concern is the loss of parachute payments after this year which adds to the need to make it happen this time. Thus, no effort should have been spared within FFP unless Mr. Khan wants to see his investment decline in value further.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: res on April 06, 2018, 08:51:17 AM
Also shows Khan's investment so let's all get off his back...he's pumping in £millions
The damage to his reported net worth even in his total reported losses (c£300m) since buying the Club is not even a flea bite, not even a missed heart beat - it is that small.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: toshes mate on April 06, 2018, 09:30:06 AM
Quote from: res on April 06, 2018, 08:51:17 AM
The damage to his reported net worth even in his total reported losses (c£300m) since buying the Club is not even a flea bite, not even a missed heart beat - it is that small.
Not an accountant but can't you offset your Tax Liabilities on your Businesses by some degree,by some companies losing money?