Main Menu

What comes first

Started by Peabody, April 05, 2018, 08:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: King_Crud on April 06, 2018, 09:29:39 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 06, 2018, 01:46:46 AM
this has been going on for at least a decade

but every time it happens, it's like it's the first time anyone has ever heard of it

It wouldn't be so bad if they did what they do in Germany or Spain, where game times aren't given until a set period before that weekend, I believe in Germany it's 6 weeks ahead. The biggest problem here is people get the impression the game is at 3pm Saturday, make plans accordingly, then it's changed a month ahead of schedule.

So right , and the change often means that people are unable  to meet the new date so a lot of hard earned money (tickets and travel) goes straight down the drain, Sky should somehow be accountable for these losses.

epsomraver

but every time it happens, it's like it's the first time anyone has ever heard of it

It wouldn't be so bad if they did what they do in Germany or Spain, where game times aren't given until a set period before that weekend, I believe in Germany it's 6 weeks ahead. The biggest problem here is people get the impression the game is at 3pm Saturday, make plans accordingly, then it's changed a month ahead of schedule.
didn't get the  impression it is 3pm , it is ON  the F*****g ticket I bought, purchased along with  the hotel, non refundable booking fee lost, a lot of people are hundreds of pounds out of pocket and now cannot get to the game and you come out with crap like that

epsomraver

Quote from: filham on April 06, 2018, 10:44:40 AM

So right , and the change often means that people are unable  to meet the new date so a lot of hard earned money (tickets and travel) goes straight down the drain, Sky should somehow be accountable for these losses.
0001.jpeg

King_Crud

Quote from: epsomraver on April 06, 2018, 10:03:17 PM

didn't get the  impression it is 3pm , it is ON  the F*****g ticket I bought, purchased along with  the hotel, non refundable booking fee lost, a lot of people are hundreds of pounds out of pocket and now cannot get to the game and you come out with crap like that

calm down son, I completely agree with you, my point is they should not be printing 3pm Saturday on anything unless it's 100% going to be at 3pm on Saturday.

I know from first hand experience of going to games in Germany on an annual basis that you do not know the game time until 6 weeks before, so don't bother booking anything around it until then. But once it's announced it's fixed.