News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aussie Rules Football on the Tele here in the States...

Started by Steve_orino, September 25, 2010, 06:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_orino

Collingwood vs. St. Kilda...

The Missus is watching it with me -- getting quite a kick out of it!

Asks way too many questions though!  How the heck do I know????   :011:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

MGBadrock

Fantastic game of footy, absolute belter
Bizarre result though, I don't know how the players could possibly go through all that again ,it'd be so physically and mentally draining

Steve_orino

Yep Mr. MGB, I fell asleep sometime during the second qtr. about 1am local time.

It seemed to be a one-way match though as Collingwood was 'taking SK out to the woodshed' (beating) at that point.

We were both kind of lost as we watched the game.  Being the male, I picked it up a little quicker and had to try to explain...near impossible.  I had to use different U.S. sports to try to explain concepts. 

Hope to see another match on late tonight, if they're playing
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

pettyfog

Ah... Aussie Rules, one of the mainstay features of early ESPN
QuoteIf you weren't around in 1979 and the early 80's, you might not recognize some of the programming that appeared in those early days of the network. You might win a trivia bet by asking what ESPN's first live sporting event was. (It was A Slo-Pitch softball World Series game featuring the Kentucky Bourbons vs. the Milwaukee Schlitz - sponsored by Budweiser). Ever heard of Munster Hurling and Irish Cycling...they were opening weekend events as well. There was lots of kick boxing, racquetball, volleyball, and the ever-popular Australian Rules Football. Throw in some NCAA soccer and NCAA tape-delayed football and you'll have an idea of what life was like in Bristol back then.

Of course I only recall that from reading TV listings.  Cable? Who needs it!  I do know ESPN wouldnt have happened without ABC's Wide World of Sports which was a phenom of the seventies.

Irish Hurling, that was my favorite.. for about a season.

Back on topic:  It's ridiculous, Imagine if the NFL replayed the Super Bowl if it was tied after 2 OT.