https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is bold but I blame SJ

Started by bobbo, April 14, 2018, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on April 14, 2018, 11:40:55 PM
Quote from: davew on April 14, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Christie has not had any real playing time, so how can any opinions be formed of what he can or cannot do in our team Matt10? If we had players the right hand side to match the guys we have on the left, well if only!!

Really, Dave? 116 minutes and he hasn't any real playing time? 97% passing rate, with an assist (and another technically). We were all rating him a month or so ago, weren't we? How soon we forget. Is this how it is, just blame whoever replaces someone we prefer? It's like those who were blaming Fonte for the pass to Odoi against QPR.

I'm not sticking up, I'm provided facts and validating the choices our coach made. As always, anyone who wears the Fulham shirt gets equal amount of evaluation on their performance on the pitch.
Quote from: Matt10 on April 14, 2018, 11:40:55 PM

Hang on Matt, 116 minutes, are you referring to the amount of time Christie has played for us? If so then please reread my post, which suggests he hasn't had much playing time! The guy hasn't done a lot wrong in my book, I would have brought him on after 15 minutes as Fred's was having a nightmare! So much over reaction tonight, at the end of the day we weren't good enough to beat a good Brentford side whose manager and staff had done their homework!
Quote from: davew on April 14, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Christie has not had any real playing time, so how can any opinions be formed of what he can or cannot do in our team Matt10? If we had players the right hand side to match the guys we have on the left, well if only!!

Really, Dave? 116 minutes and he hasn't any real playing time? 97% passing rate, with an assist (and another technically). We were all rating him a month or so ago, weren't we? How soon we forget. Is this how it is, just blame whoever replaces someone we prefer? It's like those who were blaming Fonte for the pass to Odoi against QPR.

I'm not sticking up, I'm provided facts and validating the choices our coach made. As always, anyone who wears the Fulham shirt gets equal amount of evaluation on their performance on the pitch.
Matt I am a bit confused???? I think you must have misunderstood my post, I would have picked Kebano in preference to any of our right attack players
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Joka has always said he doesn't blame players for making mistakes
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 15, 2018, 12:05:55 AM
He leaves it for us forum members to do that, he knows we are the real experts!

Twig

Quote from: davew on April 15, 2018, 12:11:49 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 15, 2018, 12:05:55 AM
He leaves it for us forum members to do that, he knows we are the real experts!

How true.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on April 15, 2018, 01:33:28 AM
Quote from: Riversider on April 14, 2018, 11:04:55 PM
he's obviously got a problem with Kebano judging by how many times he's been used this season, and today certainly won't help the relationship.

Er, yes of course mate, thats all very obvious ...

Nurse! Nuuurse!

Well I do wonder why Kebano doesn't get more game time and, in Ayite's absence, an opportunity to start. This is not a criticism of Piazon, but given the way we set up and our playing style I do think we look better balanced with Kebano.

terryr

Let's just stop blaming people shall we?
Let's stop it

Lighthouse

Quote from: TerryR on April 15, 2018, 12:49:49 PM
Let's just stop blaming people shall we?
Let's stop it

Well if we idolise players and coaches and people spent huge amounts of money and time. Then it is only natural that in discussing matches people will put the blame on mistakes or players or coaches. Problem is we have very little room to be too critical after 21 matches unbeaten. Whatever happens. Our problems came before Christmas. But the blame game in all walks of life is a very natural thing to do. In the same way we over praise people for what amounts to a bit of luck.

I blame myself all the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: bobbo on April 14, 2018, 10:05:34 PM
We were winning 1-0 and completely had all the play and impetus when Slav takes off our strike force and replaces with defensive type players hoping to keep them out by it.

Well it absolutely didn't work.They were struggling for possession after we scored, because we were totally in the acendencey .

I'm a massive fan of slavisa but I really think he got the late substitutions so wrong, and it was proved to be so.
Well we all have the benefit of hindsight, he made the decision because he thought it was right at the time.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Baszab

Er..........hang on this is a discussion forum

We can say what we like

SJ and FFC have been absolutely brilliant since this run started and everyone has rightly praised the team and manager on this site

However, using my right of free speech......and the benefit of being there, I though the substitutions totally disrupted the shape and flow of the team in the last 10 minutes......as did the tactics of not having enough forwards to use as an outlet...therefore we just invited pressure - similar to the last minute give aways last season

In addition, I thought the Cardiff last minute win must have affected the players' mood as they looked very flat in the first half

Riversider

Quote from: Baszab on April 15, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
Er..........hang on this is a discussion forum

We can say what we like

SJ and FFC have been absolutely brilliant since this run started and everyone has rightly praised the team and manager on this site

However, using my right of free speech......and the benefit of being there, I though the substitutions totally disrupted the shape and flow of the team in the last 10 minutes......as did the tactics of not having enough forwards to use as an outlet...therefore we just invited pressure - similar to the last minute give aways last season

In addition, I thought the Cardiff last minute win must have affected the players' mood as they looked very flat in the first half

Agree with everything that you've just said, there isn't a manager or player on planet Earth that doesn't make mistakes, and even though it pains some on here to admit it, Jokanovic made a mistake yesterday in taking Kebano off, we were crying out for an injection of pace with 30 minutes to go as the game was obviously going to get stretched a scenario that suits Neeskens perfectly, to take him off was foolhardy bordering on madness.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: Riversider on April 15, 2018, 05:45:32 PM
Agree with everything that you've just said, there isn't a manager or player on planet Earth that doesn't make mistakes, and even though it pains some on here to admit it, Jokanovic made a mistake yesterday in taking Kebano off, we were crying out for an injection of pace with 30 minutes to go as the game was obviously going to get stretched a scenario that suits Neeskens perfectly, to take him off was foolhardy bordering on madness.

So Kebano wasn't injured then for sure? 

That's what a couple of people that were at the game said.  I couldn't tell from watching the stream.

HV71

Some of us thought he looked pretty rough when he came off - but if it doesn't suit your point of view or argument then he was as fit as a fiddle and Joka has lost his marbles.

Hatch007

I think I need to 'fess up 🙈

It's my fault we lost. I was the guy in the white shirt in the Riverside Stand that walked the ball back to the Brentford defender when they had a throw-in by the dugouts. Within a minute of that they'd equalised.

If only I'd held on to the ball for another 30 seconds. Schoolboy error 😬

davew

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 15, 2018, 09:08:46 PM
I think I need to 'fess up 🙈

It's my fault we lost. I was the guy in the white shirt in the Riverside Stand that walked the ball back to the Brentford defender when they had a throw-in by the dugouts. Within a minute of that they'd equalised.

If only I'd held on to the ball for another 30 seconds. Schoolboy error 😬
Disgraceful you should be banned from this forum!!

FulhamStu

This thread is focussing on the wrong thing.  It was not the subs that caused the problem yesterday but the lack of urgency from the start.  The lack of on pitch leadership, the lack of drive from our Captain, great player that he can be, it's a time of the season to be strong and I fear we lack a bit of something Cardiff like to go with our undoubted talent and great footballing style.  There were worrying signs, the Millwall game will answer some of my fears and hopefully make these comments look very silly.

davew

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 15, 2018, 10:19:18 PM
This thread is focussing on the wrong thing.  It was not the subs that caused the problem yesterday but the lack of urgency from the start.  The lack of on pitch leadership, the lack of drive from our Captain, great player that he can be, it's a time of the season to be strong and I fear we lack a bit of something Cardiff like to go with our undoubted talent and great footballing style.  There were worrying signs, the Millwall game will answer some of my fears and hopefully make these comments look very silly.
TC has never been an inspirational leader, 1 of our best players certainly and without doubt, does he address the huddle pre kick off, NO! We can open up another 20 (or more threads) on why we didn't win on Saturday, but it won't change the result!! We are focussing on the wrong thing, we should be keeping fingers crossed that Cardiff collapse in their remaining games and we pull ourselves together to make a final challenge! I will say it again FFC have exceeded everybodies expectations in the last 4 months!

Woolly Mammoth

If Cardiff don't collapse, I think I will.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Cant understand how people can slag the team or coach off after this game. Each to his own ,free speach ,discussion forum and all that .....doesnt make it less bewildering when people are quick to judge and criticise the coach who  is in the  middle of the best run in the history of the club and we are playing the sort of football that none of us could have dreamt of 2 years ago.
Had we won 1-0 and christie had headed away the ball that fredricks should been on the end on everyone would be saying what a great substitution it was. No-ones perfect but for god sake get behind the team instead of bputting the boot in at the first opportunity !!!!

RaySmith

I don't see the point in replaying the past. That fact is that SJ has been our manager for these 21 unbeaten games, and our rise from 18th to 3rd in the table.

But he is bound to make  some errors, if you can call  what may have been  the wrong subs, an error. He is the manager - and takes ultimate responsibility for what the 11 players on the field do, but obviously isn't infallible - no one is.

But let's not dwell on the past, which we  can't do anything about, and focus on the future. COYW!!!!

Beamer

I bet SJ would love to manage in hindsight, man's only perfect sense.