watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Big Lesson Learned

Started by Cottage Industry, April 15, 2018, 07:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottage Industry

In the last 5-10 minutes we did not continue to play our football. Instead we decided to hoof it clear. Not only that we gave away unnecessary fouls. By playing this way we give the opposition the ball back and it gives them the chance to launch attack after attack. I know the lads were getting tired but the subs coming on were the ones to do the running so give them the ball. We are not the best when constantly hounded but it was obvious that Brentford in the second half were also feeling the amount of running that they did in the first half was begining to take it's toll. Overall I felt that we could have held out but the way we changed our method in those last 10 minutes was fatal.

res

Quote from: Cottage Industry on April 15, 2018, 07:43:33 AM
In the last 5-10 minutes we did not continue to play our football. Instead we decided to hoof it clear. Not only that we gave away unnecessary fouls. By playing this way we give the opposition the ball back and it gives them the chance to launch attack after attack. I know the lads were getting tired but the subs coming on were the ones to do the running so give them the ball. We are not the best when constantly hounded but it was obvious that Brentford in the second half were also feeling the amount of running that they did in the first half was begining to take it's toll. Overall I felt that we could have held out but the way we changed our method in those last 10 minutes was fatal.

We're not very good at seeing out games like this, tend to resort to obvious (as compared to clever) time wasting and playing too deep without keeping possession. But nothing is perfect, 21 games unbeaten but still things to improve on...which we may have to do in the play offs unless Cardiff slip up.

bill taylors apprentice

When Christie had the ball in space in the closing minutes he should have kept the ball and even retreated into the corner instead of looking for the killer pass.

There appears to be a lack of leadership in these situations, we have managed them better of late through our skill but sometimes you need a big personality to talk you through itIMO.

Robbie

I think you underestimate how tired the team were.
That said Christie should have been a fifth defender and was playing too far forward.

filham

Yes, we forgot all about playing out from the back at the end of the game, we were under pressure, were tired and resorted to old fashioned long, high clearances . Of course the ball just kept coming back into our penalty area time and time again.