News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match comments by Jokanovic on the Offal.

Started by Lighthouse, April 15, 2018, 12:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slaviša Jokanović believed his team "left everything on the pitch" during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Brentford at the Cottage.

Fulham took the lead through Aleksandar Mitrović in the 80th minute, but the Bees equalised in the last minute of stoppage through substitute Neal Maupay.

"We left everything on the pitch," the Fulham Head Coach said.

"We dominated the game and scored the first goal - an important goal, but we must be disappointed after they scored their late goal.

"We probably missed a little experience in killing the game. These matches are part of the Championship. In this moment, we are not satisfied or happy."

When asked if the Whites could take solace or lessons from last season's play-off push, Jokanović was adamant he was only focusing on the present.

"I'm not thinking about last season, my experience with Watford, or anything else," he said.

"We can always learn from the past, but I'm not thinking about these things. I'm focused on the current situation.

"We are going to be one of the teams with a good chance of being promoted and we are focused on that."

With three important games ahead for the Whites, Jokanović refused to dwell on the negatives.

"I am a positive man," he said. "I am really happy with how my team pushed in the second half. Brentford are four points away from the play-off positions and it's absolutely normal that they fought with everything today.

"I only have time to support my team and help with their recovery. We have to be strong, play with confidence, push forward and look towards next time.

"We're going to be ok, we're going to rest, and we're going to get ready for the next challenge."

Lastly, when he was asked about Ryan Sessegnon's recent announcement as a shortlisted player for the PFA Young Player of the Year Award, Jokanović responded: "Sessegnon is top class. He must be personally satisfied and proud. This is a large honour, just to be nominated."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

I don't think Jocanovic is being honest with us, surely he must realise that we never really got on top of Brentford, never got a second goal,  they had us on the rack in the last ten minutes and that we looked a tired team.

hovewhite

He's leading on the front foot as any coach ,manager would do.