watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A view from outside

Started by Nightwind15, April 19, 2018, 12:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

Reading the forum and trying to get a hold on the atmosphere of the club I get a sense of there being a lack of excitement in our potential for promotion.  I know there is no voice inflection reading the fodder but I am one fan that is beyond himself hoping promotion is at hand!!!!
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Jimsbeerbelly

Wouldn't say it's a lack of excitement, I genuinely believe, we're nervous, and don't know which way this is going to go. I guarantee you now, that every fan will want promotion.

bill taylors apprentice

I'll stick my neck out here and say.......................

The younger fans are excited about promotion back to the promised land but accept the recent short lived 2nd place was likely to be exactly that, short lived.
Therefore we have the exciting but nervous prospect of the playoffs to come!

The more mature supporters have seen too many situations where success was thrown away and would be happy in the Championship as long as we were top half, played nice football & stayed at the Cottage.
But are still nervous about the playoffs!

Carborundum

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 19, 2018, 01:45:24 PM
I'll stick my neck out here and say.......................

The younger fans are excited about promotion back to the promised land but accept the recent short lived 2nd place was likely to be exactly that, short lived.
Therefore we have the exciting but nervous prospect of the playoffs to come!

The more mature supporters have seen too many situations where success was thrown away and would be happy in the Championship as long as we were top half, played nice football & stayed at the Cottage.
But are still nervous about the playoffs!
Chimes with me.  Tension, hope and excitement going into May....this truly is the promised land.

BedsFFC

I pressed the button. I'm on my summer holidays having a break from it all, just getting ready for the new season in the ........

toshes mate

I still get the same butterflies of expectation and anticipation I experienced in my younger years before any game regardless of the importance of a match.  That's despite now knowing (after years of painstaking research) that whatever you feel before a game matters not one jot to the outcome.   As in life the most unlooked forward to experiences are often nowhere near as painful as imagined and the things you thought you'd sail through often prove much more difficult to do when it matters.   And so for me the psyching up is all about preparing yourself for anything and everything, with the most important thing being to enjoy the ride because it is never going to happen quite the same way ever again.

It'll be good to arrive at Craven Cottage for the start of next season knowing that it'll be a completely original and different experience to anything we have collectively gone through before.  And who knows what'll happen in Russia this summer if young Ryan gets a call.....

hovewhite

I am anxious about the play offs more so after last season against reading.
The thought of promotion means so much to see our coach and players,I also think this group of the whole squad is better than the team that went down and in slav we have the best coach since tigana!