more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It’s Fulhamish to worry

Started by Stevieboy, April 18, 2018, 09:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

We shouldn't be too worried....
The only team Millwall have beaten in the top 6 is Middlesborough, whereas.....well we all know how we have fared.

Fulham 442

I'm not doing Fulhamish anymore. At least not for the rest of the season!

Baston White

Just make sure you've gone through all the usual superstition stuff Stevie Boy including wearing the jumper that hasn't been washed since middle of December and the KFC meal deal and they won't know what hit them.

SP

Bookies offering just over 2/1 on Millwall & evens on FFC.  Feeling unusually confident.

COYW

filham

I have noticed how often bad things come in threes, QPR, Brentford.......Millwall, three dreadful local derbies, is that being Fulhamish or simply pessimistic.

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on April 18, 2018, 10:22:09 PM
I have noticed how often bad things come in threes, QPR, Brentford.......Millwall, three dreadful local derbies, is that being Fulhamish or simply pessimistic.
fulhamish me thinks.

toshes mate

When you are part of a family you tend, in the early years, to totally rely on the head of the family easing you though the challenges life presents to both your elders and betters and you and your siblings.   You are sheltered from most of the decisions and most of the fallout that calamity tends to give birth to.  As you get older you may just start to observe the faults, fissures and deep cracks invisible to your younger naivety.  After a while, you try things yourself and get to know how hard it is to get anywhere by your own efforts without a helping hand from someone or somewhere else. 

Then doubt, pessimism or cynicism may set in as you get to know that people are generally unreliable and only a few are ever able to deliver what they promise or suggest.  But, through all this, you may just see how hard some people will try to deliver to specification and, even if only for a moment, you begin to believe again.  Is that Fulhamish?  Does it give you hope and an appetite for the repeat performance however cynical circumstances may have made you and no matter how many times disappointment has followed?  Hope, and that lovely moment when a good thing happens are the keys to how you should feel when faced with a challenge because, to feel otherwise is to invite a self fulfilling prophecy.  The equivalents of a GJ goal salute make you feel a whole lot better, don't they?  They're worth waiting for.

I like happy endings and I am not going to be cut down by one 'poor' event, outcome or result, because life isn't always straightforward in delivering its promises.  Sometimes it delivers body blows just to make sure you really have the stomach, the strength of character to stand up and fight another day.  That is what families do and if that is deemed to be Fulhamish then so be it.   I sometimes feel let down but I will not let that feeling last because I know what feels better inside and does wonders for your character.  Hope springs eternal as the saying goes.

FFC is a dysfunctional family, like all other families, but it means well, and it has such a good, kind heart, it'll deliver if you just stick around long enough.  Just don't be too hasty in determining what a good outcome may look like though because sometimes the disguises can be pretty convincing too.  I guess that is also being naturally Fulhamish.

Tomorrow could be another nine goal thriller.  Who knows?  And isn't that Fulhamish if we are, at one point in the game, 5-0 up?

FFCSteve

Quote from: filham on April 18, 2018, 10:22:09 PM

Or a better way is third time lucky! COYW!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!