more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess to the World Cup????

Started by tommy, April 17, 2018, 02:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43771071

If he did it would just be for the experience, by what an experience.

bog

They did this to Theo Walcot. I don't think he should go. Give him a break from the game for a couple of months.

092.gif

Milo

Would love to see him go. Doubt it'll happen for political reasons. Southgate will know that taking walcott drew criticisms last time and gives the media ammunition to kick Southgate when he's down. For what? Long term development of a player who won't be playing regular english football for circa 4 years? Southgate will be long gone. Not worth the risk from a PR perspective for Southgate. It's a shame though as Sess is level headed enough to just enjoy it.

Carborundum

Apart from 1990, England have given me so little to cheer about at World Cups.  So take him, play him and see what happens.

Slaphead in Qatar

important to take him even if he doesn't play - just to be around the squad and see how international football operates.

grandad

He should not go. He needs a complete break. He has not yet fully developed physically yet. His young body needs to recover . We don´t want him to burn out.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to see Sess go to the World Cup with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England. But I don't think Southgate will select him, unless there are injuries.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

No ,it really would be a step too far too soon from which no one would benefit.

HobGoblin

If he goes. He will be taped up to join other clubs by their players. So I hope not

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: HobGoblin on April 17, 2018, 06:17:57 PM
If he goes. He will be taped up to join other clubs by their players. So I hope not
If we do not to up, he is gone anyway unfortunately!!
😢
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

grandad

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 17, 2018, 07:41:29 PM
😢

I am not sure about that. I have a nagging feeling that he will give another season if we don´t go up this.
Where there's a will there's a wife

PutneyPhil

Quote from: grandad on April 17, 2018, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 17, 2018, 07:41:29 PM
😢

I am not sure about that. I have a nagging feeling that he will give another season if we don´t go up this.
I can believe he would be willing to give it another season, but with the loss of parachute payments and a chance to get £50 million, I imagine the club would not be able to resist selling him.

Bassey the warrior

He shouldn't go. He needs a rest

Horsfield_No9

Aidy Boothroyd's said in the press conference ahead of last U21s that he has discussed with Southgate and they agreed that they will be taking it slow with Sess which suggests it would be really weird if he now went.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.