watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Millwall

Started by terryr, April 18, 2018, 12:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

There will be a huge police presence, and supporters will be segregated to a certain extent when entering the stadium.
Years ago it used to end up looking like a war zone. But I think you will find it is no longer the case.
Millwall Football Club cannot afford any more bad publicity.
Of course if they were playing West Ham, then that could be a different kettle of fish.
Just don't stray too far off the beaten track.
Just follow the Fulham crowd to the ground accompanied by members of the constabulary mounted and on foot.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

So I shouldn't wear my fulham top on my way to the ground then haha?

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
There will be a huge police presence, and supporters will be segregated to a certain extent when entering the stadium.
Years ago it used to end up looking like a war zone. But I think you will find it is no longer the case.
Of course if they were playing West Ham, then that could be a different kettle of fish.
Just follow the Fulham crowd to the ground accompanied by members of the constabulary mounted and on foot.
Where abouts are they congregating?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on April 20, 2018, 04:21:14 PM
So I shouldn't wear my fulham top on my way to the ground then haha?

I am wearing mine.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamfan666 on April 20, 2018, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2018, 03:35:35 PM
Where abouts are they congregating?

Starting off at Trafalgar Square, stopping off at Downing Street, turning left at Big Ben, down the embankment passing opposite the London Wheel, drifting past the Tower of London and Traitors Gate, and over Tower Bridge.
A few large ones in the Bucket of Blood Inn.
Then it's on to Zampa Road, watch out Millwall, we are here to Conquer. ⚽️⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Does anyone have an update? I wore my Lacoste and obviously stopped at Pret on my way.

Twig

Quote from: The Rock on April 20, 2018, 11:16:14 PM
Does anyone have an update? I wore my Lacoste and obviously stopped at Pret on my way.

Assume you took supper in an intriguing little ethnic, ethical, free trade, pop up restaurant on your way back and celebrated with a nice vintage claret?

Milo

Quote from: Twig on April 20, 2018, 11:21:18 PM
Quote from: The Rock on April 20, 2018, 11:16:14 PM

Assume you took supper in an intriguing little ethnic, ethical, free trade, pop up restaurant on your way back and celebrated with a nice vintage claret?

We joke but I genuinely missed the first goal because I was still waiting for the cafetière to brew in the kitchen.  :dft001:

RP24

Would love to see what they are saying today!!! What forum were the views from?

Snibbo

They seem to think the ref was bent and they should have been out of sight by half time

Lighthouse

Had they taken the chances before half time they would indeed have been out of sight. I pretty much thought their first goal could lead to a big defeat. But in football, as we have learned in the past, you have to know that anything is possible. Especially playing against this Fulham side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Snibbo on April 21, 2018, 11:14:10 AM
They seem to think the ref was bent and they should have been out of sight by half time

That would be the half in which they managed about 25% possession as opposed to the second one when they sank to even less?

Woolly Mammoth

Goals change games, and the first 90+ minutes are the most important, not the first 45, and further more, Fulham showed that the ball never gets tired, and Fulham let the ball do the work.
Yes Millwall huffed and they puffed but they could not blow Fulham's house down.
Not even a cowardly forearm smash by the over the hill Cahill into Fred's chops could deter Fulham.
Millwall supporters will be crying in their weetabix this morning, whereas we will be dinning on our Roast Pheasant, and drinking to swimming with bow legged women.

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

Quote from: Twig on April 21, 2018, 11:51:40 AM

That would be the half in which they managed about 25% possession as opposed to the second one when they sank to even less?

Possession doesn't mean that much. They had a goal ruled out, a goalline clearance by Ream and hit the bar in the first half.

They could easily have been two or three goals up by half time. They weren't though.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tabby on April 21, 2018, 12:25:07 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 21, 2018, 11:51:40 AM

Possession doesn't mean that much. They had a goal ruled out, a goalline clearance by Ream and hit the bar in the first half.

They could easily have been two or three goals up by half time. They weren't though.

That's why goals change games.
That's why strikers cost more than anyone else on average.
That's why we are second highest scorers in the Division.
That's why we have only conceded one goal in the last six matches.
That's why we won 3 0 last night.
That's why we are currently in second place.
Millwall tried every trick in the book last night to unnerve is, unsettle us, intimidate us, and what happens, they limp off with a bloody nose on their own patch in their own manor, leaving Fulham supporters in ecstasy, and Fulham players and the Manager bringing three points and a clean sheet and clean pillow case back to Gods Country, Craven Cottage.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Joe

This guy's a right plank. According to him, Fulham play "anti football"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk7ZMOogqbw

Milo

Quote from: Fulham Joe on April 21, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

First half of that video he was fine. Not sure he deserves his own sponsored video show though.. just some bloke rambling pub talk in a Volvo.

Second half of it was just dross! Not even sure what his points were. Just lots of swearing.

On that showing I could have my own quiz show on BBC1..

Wingnut

Quote from: Milo on April 21, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
Second half of it was just dross! Not even sure what his points were. Just lots of swearing.

His review of the ref was hilarious. Most refs would have sent one or two of their players off. Cahill was a definite red. His anti-football remark is baffling. They were excellent in the first half. Good luck to them in their remaining games.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

cmg

Quote from: Milo on April 21, 2018, 12:53:19 PM
Quote from: Fulham Joe on April 21, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

On that showing I could have my own quiz show on BBC1..

Why not? Jeremy Clarkson's got one. When can you start?

Woolly Mammoth

This Genitalman is deluded and bitter, he needs to be educated.
Going by where he was driving, he definitely had TUNNELL VISION.

Never forget your Roots.