watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Automatic Promotion

Started by Sherlock, April 21, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherlock

If we are to achieve automatic promotion we simply must win our final two games. Fail to do that and we don't finish 2nd.

So, if we assume we get to 91 points, Cardiff would probably need 9 points, or 8 points with two victories that really boost their GD.

Their remaining fixtures are:

Forest (home)
Derby (away)
Hull (away)
Reading (home)

That Derby away fixture stands out as the one we absolutely need to go our way. It's just a shame that Derby are so inconsistent.

I'm nervous and excited but most importantly proud of our Fulham regardless of what happens.  049:gif

Milo

Their situation is simply: they must win 3 of their final 4 games.

Derby don't have to even win. They actually just need to draw. Because regardless of whether they win or draw Cardiff still need to lose points somewhere else. Ie 1 loss 1 draw 2 wins is worth the same as 2 draws and 2 wins to us.

Lighthouse

As a Fulham fan I look at Cardiff and cannot believe they will mess it up. I doubt Fulham will win the last two matches anyway.

But if I was a Cardiff fan I would be thinking. Three wins out of four. The away games could be a problem. Any slip up and we could still mess it up. How is that possible with our run over the season?

Suddenly everything is still possible.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

With a fair wind and a lot of luck we could be promoted at 5pm next Saturday, think about that.
Just the views of a long term fan

Twig

Quote from: MJG on April 21, 2018, 11:51:26 AM
With a fair wind and a lot of luck we could be promoted at 5pm next Saturday, think about that.

Now wouldn't that be a bit special?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on April 21, 2018, 11:53:14 AM

It would be Heaven ! Paradise ! Elysium ! Ecstasy ! Euphoria ! Rapture ! Bliss ! Joy ! Triumph ! All rolled into one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Hull have started getting a few goals and have won a couple. Hopefully they can continue their revival.

JoelH5

I was discussing this with someone yesterday... if Sunderland are down (possibility) by next Friday. Would Cookie play the kids to help us out?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rusty shackleford

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 21, 2018, 01:13:34 PM
I was discussing this with someone yesterday... if Sunderland are down (possibility) by next Friday. Would Cookie play the kids to help us out?

He'd be better off playing to first team if he wants to help us out!

Jeroen

How much pressure would there have been on Cardiff if that Brentford goal didn't go in......
If only... :-(

cookieg

Quote from: Twig on April 21, 2018, 11:53:14 AM

That thought hadn't occurred to me but that would be oh so sweet!

Holders

Quote from: Jeroen on April 21, 2018, 01:58:10 PM
How much pressure would there have been on Cardiff if that Brentford goal didn't go in......

86 and 94 will be etched into me for years to come.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Barrett487

While we're on the 'if onlys', what if they hadn't extended the first half against QPR beyond official injury time?

JoelH5

Quote from: Barrett487 on April 21, 2018, 02:35:39 PM

While we're on the 'if onlys', what if they hadn't extended the first half against QPR beyond official injury time?

Works both ways. What if Cardiff hadn't missed TWO penalties against Wolves? They'd be a point ahead and two games in hand.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

WokinghamWhite

If only we hadn't lost away to Burton and Sunderland... we can go "if only" all day, but we are where we are, our team and manager are magnificent and wherever this rollercoaster ride drops us, this is the most exhilarating season I can recall in a very long time.