watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knowing where we have come from

Started by Andy S, April 23, 2018, 11:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I can remember back to the conditions the club operated within in and around 1987 and it is right to say there is no comparison. The riverside stand had a lot of its seats removed as they were not required. Money was a big problem. That is why we must be grateful to Mr Al Fayed for his intervention. Mr Al Fayed set up our youth academy which has gone on to produce  some good young players .
Now we are owned by Mr Shahid Khan who has carried on the good work started by Mr Al Fayed. At one time he was doubted however I believe he has eventually won over our supporters. Again the academy is top of the list with some good young players. We are not only producing young players but putting our club in the shop window as a club aspiring young players want to join in order to further their careers.
Slavisa has the first team playing some fantastic football. Again who would not want to come and play for us and be a part of it. Just as when Jean Tigana took us up Slavisa has built a team in the right way but this time we have depth from our youth academy which could make the difference the next time we get promoted.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

PhilEsh

Quote from: Andy S on April 23, 2018, 11:09:02 AM
I can remember back to the conditions the club operated within in and around 1987 and it is right to say there is no comparison. The riverside stand had a lot of its seats removed as they were not required. Money was a big problem. That is why we must be grateful to Mr Al Fayed for his intervention. Mr Al Fayed set up our youth academy which has gone on to produce  some good young players .
Now we are owned by Mr Shahid Khan who has carried on the good work started by Mr Al Fayed. At one time he was doubted however I believe he has eventually won over our supporters. Again the academy is top of the list with some good young players. We are not only producing young players but putting our club in the shop window as a club aspiring young players want to join in order to further their careers.
Slavisa has the first team playing some fantastic football. Again who would not want to come and play for us and be a part of it. Just as when Jean Tigana took us up Slavisa has built a team in the right way but this time we have depth from our youth academy which could make the difference the next time we get promoted.

Well said. No matter what happens over the next month, imo the next 2-3 seasons will be very exciting given our youth academy and style of football which is being played at all levels and ages.

Woolly Mammoth

We are on the brink of something big, and all will be revealed in the coming month.
But whatever happens it's been a sintilating and unforgettable season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

The OP makes some good points. I don't deny the investment that Khan is putting into the training ground and the academy (sound foundations) and the quality of football that's being played. The proof of that particular pudding will be at the end of this season. I'll be fully convinced of his commitment when the new Riverside is built and the future of FFC at CC is physically demonstrated.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fernhurst

:plus one:  :plus one:  :plus one:

So proud of the way our team has performed this season. If Cardiff beat us to runners up spot will need to doff our collective caps BUT I could not have watched that style of football all season.

Congratulations to our fantastic team no matter what happens in the next few weeks.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Has been a great season whatever happens now, and Khan has done a very good job in the needed restructuring of the club all boding well for the future.
Really hope we do get that promotion now though as it feels the perfect timing to do so.