https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (27/04/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 27, 2018, 05:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

What are the odds:
Coral's Fulham preview

Sunderland are at Fulham on Friday night looking to extend their unbeaten run to three on the road.

Over to official betting partner Coral for a summary of the best bets...

Coral make the Black Cats underdogs, so there will be some big prices on offer.

The Away Win is on offer at 16/1, but that's just the start...

There have been goals at both ends of Sunderland's last three and the Sunderland Win & Both Teams to Score will boost your odds to 25/1.

Two of those also went over 2.5 goals, so you might prefer the Sunderland Win & Over 2.5 Goals at 22/1.

The Draw is also worth a look, paying out in two of the last three on the road and three of the last four. You'll get 6/1 and a more appealing 15/2 for the Draw & Both Teams to Score.

And if you like big prices, don't forget you can handpick your own bets using Coral's #YourCall via Twitter. Simply tweet @coral with a multiple of your choice and if accepted it will appear in the #YourCall section of the match bets.

For the more cautious, Both Teams to Score has paid out in the last four matches and looks the 'banker' of the match. You'll only get 1/1, which might not be of interest for a Single bet but is an ideal place to start a weekend accumulator.

Coral pay members an automatic 10% Acca Boost on all winning four-folds (or bigger), so you only need to add three more around the same odds of 12/1 or more – plus your 10% bonus!

Dive in.

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2018/april/coral-preview-v-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham plotting TV fright-night for Premier League promotion rivals Cardiff

Roaring in the Lions' Den: Fulham's Kevin McDonald celebrates after putting his side 2-0 up during their 3-0 victory at fellow promotion hopefuls Millwall last Friday (PA)

Kevin McDonald knows Cardiff players will be put through the mill watching Fulham play Sunderland.

He tuned in for just 20 minutes when Cardiff played Derby on Tuesday before the stress became too much and the Fulham midfielder switched over to Liverpool versus Roma.

McDonald occasionally flicked back to check the score and, by the final whistle, Cardiff's 3-1 defeat had opened the door in the race for the Premier League. Fulham are one point behind second-placed Cardiff with two games left, so victory at Craven Cottage will move them above the Welsh side.

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock and his players are sure to be watching the game from their hotel prior to their game at Hull on Saturday and a Fulham win would ramp up the pressure.

"We know what it is like sitting in a hotel on Friday night, so they will be watching," said McDonald.

"There is nothing else to do. They will be watching and hoping Sunderland do them a favour, so it is up to us to get three points.

"If we win they will have an added bit of pressure when they play. I watched the first 20 minutes of their game on Tuesday but my head was going watching it and I was getting a bit stressed, and my missus was as well, so we turned it over and watched Liverpool and tried to relax. It is nice result for us and a disappointing one for them.

"It is still in their hands but, of course, it was a boost for us."

Fulham are unbeaten in 22 matches and could not have asked for better opponents than a Sunderland side who were relegated last weekend.

McDonald said: "We have got to win two games to have any chance. Cardiff are the team leading. They are ahead and know if they win two games they are in the Premier League.

"We have just got to win and hope. They are still well in control and have done well through the season. It is up to them to continue doing that.

"The main thing is we get the two wins. If they drop points, then we are there to capitalise. If not then we will be kicking ourselves if they drop points.

"A win on Friday puts pressure on them, but nothing changes on their part. They are professionals and Neil Warnock will know what to do to calm the players down. The main thing is that we do our job, give ourselves that chance and then see how they deal with it. It is still a big ask for us, but we will see."

If Fulham beat Sunderland, the fight for automatic promotion goes to the final day, when Slavisa Jokanovic's side are at Birmingham and Cardiff entertain Reading.

"That would be a big day for everyone, but we are just looking at Sunderland," said McDonald. "Everyone dreams of playing in the Premier League. It is the best league in the world.

"We are not there yet, but we are close. We will do everything we possibly can to get there. It sounds wrong, but I expect Sunderland to have a bit of a lift after they were relegated. Going down to League One is not good for their club and I am sure their manager will get them going.

"But it is all about us, how we apply ourselves and how much we want it."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-plotting-tv-frightnight-for-premier-league-promotion-rivals-cardiff-a3825011.html

WhiteJC

View from the opposition:
Jokanovic on Sunderland

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has urged his players to turn up the heat on Cardiff City in the race for automatic promotion.

The Cottagers sit just one point behind the Bluebirds with two Sky Bet Championship games remaining, with Jokanovic's men chasing down Neil Warnock's side thanks to an incredible unbeaten run of 22 games.

Sunderland, meanwhile, will be playing for pride after Burton Albion's late comeback ensured they will be playing League One football next season.

But Jokanovic is wary of the threat Chris Coleman's men pose, with their last defeat coming against the Lads back in December.

"We have positive pressure before we play against Sunderland," said the Fulham boss.

"It's important we don't make mistakes, but the situation is completely under Cardiff's control and If they win these two games, we cannot do anything."

He continued: "We must be focused on trying to find our best performance [against Sunderland].

"In front of us is two ways to be successful, one is short and another is longer and we must be ready for both ways.

"Sunderland is a team that beat us last time, we are ready for any team and any situation, they come here relaxed and try to make Sunderland fans satisfied, try to be proud.

"This can be dangerous situation for us and we must be ready."

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2018/april/view-from-the-opp-v-fulham

WhiteJC

Ex-teammate of Fulham boss Jokanovic reveals incredible incident which proves he won't lose his run-in cool

Serbian has led the club on a remarkable run since the turn of the year

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic (Image: PA)

THE promotion race in the Championship is the closest it has been for years.

It has become a case of who blinks first in the battle between Cardiff and Fulham for the second automatic promotion place.

And the play-offs are still wide open because Aston Villa have booked their place but Middlesbrough and Derby still need points and Millwall , Brentford and Preston have not given up.

But the battle between Cardiff and Fulham is the one that has really caught the eye not least because of the two personalities involved.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock saw his team slip up against Derby in midweek but has his fate in his own hands and has already won the Championship Manager of the Year for what he has done at a club with the sixth smallest budget in the division.

Even Warnock has said that the award was given out too soon and it will feel like no consolation if Fulham pip them at the last with two games to go.

Their manager Slavisa Jokanovic has worked wonders at Craven Cottage and now they have Sunderland at home on Friday night and then lowly Birmingham on the final day of the season.

Jokanovic is admired for his style of football at Craven Cottage, made good signings and has led the club on a remarkable run since the turn of the year.

If this is a time for cool heads then Jokanovic will not lose his during the run-in, according to his former Tenerife team mate Juan Carlos Unzúe.

Celta Vigo boss Unzúe says Jokanovic is one of the top five players he played with, largely because of his temperament when things get tense.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic gestures on the touchline during a Championship match (Image: PA)

Unzúe said: "He was a really accomplished midfielder, with tremendous physical attributes. He wasn't the quickest on the ground but was extremely mentally sharp and intelligent. He really makes my Top 5 because of his strong personality.

"I'm going to explain the story. We at Tenerife were playing to stay up in the last game of the season and needed to win against Valencia. In the 80th minute we were trailing and we then scored an equaliser.

"In injury time we were awarded a penalty. We had our regular penalty-takers in the team, they were our strikers and goalscorers, but he (Jokanovic) said he was going to take it. He took the ball and headed over to the penalty spot and tucked it away in the top corner with a confidence that shocked us all."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/vauxhall/fulham-championship-promotion-run-cardiff-12436032

WhiteJC

Lap of Appreciation

Supporters are advised that Slaviša Jokanović and his team will complete a lap of appreciation at the conclusion of Friday evening's match with Sunderland.

The boys will not return to the dressing room at full-time, instead congregating by the tunnel before doing a lap of the pitch to thank the Whites faithful for their outstanding support throughout 2017/18.

Jokanović said: "It's our last [home] game in the regular season. We know the job is not done but we want to say thank you."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/27/lap-of-appreciation

WhiteJC

Manager's preview:
'We have a job to do

Sunderland have a duty to their supporters and the other teams in the Sky Bet Championship to give their all between now and the end of the campaign, according to Chris Coleman.

The Welshman will return to Craven Cottage on Friday evening as Sunderland face a Fulham side hot on the heels of second-placed Cardiff City, with a 22-game unbeaten run putting them in the frame for automatic promotion.

Last weekend's defeat at the Stadium of Light means the Lads' fate is already determined, but Coleman insists his side still have a job to do and must remain professional.

And speaking ahead of the game, the Welshman urged his side to give the red and white army something to be proud of.

"We've got a job to do tomorrow night for our supporters and for the club," said Coleman.

"We can't change our fate, it's done, it's sealed, but we can approach both games with the right attitude and that's what we must do."

He continued: "We've just got to finish it right and in the right manner.

"We'll try and take care of our own business and if anybody gets promoted, or relegated, it's because it's on them and it's across the season.

"The season's 46 games and I'm not complaining to anybody else because we've been relegated, that's our fault, our problem.

"There's nothing we can do about our position, we've just got to finish the two games off properly."

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2018/april/managers-preview-v-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham player confirms interest from another club, glad chairman's son stopped move

Fulham defender Denis Odoi has told the Belgian media AA Gent wanted to sign him last summer, but he's glad he remained at Craven Cottage.

Odoi signed for Fulham in 2016 from Lokeren.

Speaking to HLN, the Fulham player was asked about the interest from Gent: "I was allowed to leave the club for a certain amount, but the chairman's son was concerned. He works a lot with statistics, and mine were too good. As compensation, they improved my contract. In retrospect, I'm glad I stayed even though Gent were interested."

Odoi has been a key player for Fulham this season as the club look to get promotion back to the Premier League. The 29 year old has started 28 league games in this campaign, and the fullback has recently been deployed as a central defender.

The West London club are just one point below the automatic promotion places after already guaranteeing at least a spot in the play offs.

With second placed Cardiff City facing a tricky away trip to Hull City and Fulham facing already relegated Sunderland at Craven Cottage there could be an opportunity to overtake the Welsh club this weekend.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-player-confirms-interest-another-club/

WhiteJC

We Are Gold

Fulham has achieved a family excellence 'Gold Award' as a record number of clubs are rewarded.

Fulham is just one of 10 clubs that has been crowned as a 'Gold Award' winner, for the first time in the history of the Family Excellence Scheme. The Whites have therefore been recognised for providing a benchmark matchday family experience in the 2017/18 season. A total of 56 EFL clubs are set to achieve Family Excellence status, 10 of which are crowned as 'Gold Award' winners for their exemplary work in engaging families on matchdays.

The record breaking number, up from 53 clubs in 2016/17, recognises continuous improvement and best practice in family engagement across the leagues and supports clubs' efforts to attract and retain young fans of the future.

EFL Clubs received two 'mystery family' visits throughout the season, with their feedback and reports determining whether each respective Club would achieve 'Family Excellence' status. Now in its 11th year, the Family Excellence Scheme is an ongoing consultation programme which aims to drive continuous improvement and best practice in family engagement across the leagues and support clubs' efforts to attract and retain young fans of the future. New for this season, 10 clubs have achieved 'Gold Award' status for outstanding family engagement across the assessment visits.

EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey, said: "It is hugely encouraging to see the continuous development and improvement made by EFL Clubs in offering engaging match day experiences for families.

"For over a decade the EFL's Family Excellence Scheme has helped to produce positive and impactful change across the leagues, helping to drive a real focus on matchday entertainment, facilities and the overall experience on offer for families, and ultimately to assist in growing attendances.

"Its impact continues to be notable with several Clubs gaining strong industry-wide reputations for offering true family value and a consistently high level of service and innovation.

"The EFL will continue to work with Clubs to help drive change and support the continued effort to attract and retain future generations of supporters. Congratulations to the Clubs that have achieved Family Excellence status and to those that have been awarded Gold status in its inaugural year."

Gold Award Winners: Aston Villa, Cardiff City, Derby County, Fulham, Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Reading,  Blackburn Rovers, Doncaster Rovers, Luton Town.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/26/we-are-gold

WhiteJC

Chris Coleman: 'If you are not up for it, don't bother getting on the bus to go to Fulham'

Chris Coleman will play his strongest available side in his last two games - but not anyone without the heart for the battle

Chris Coleman will resist the temptation to leave out his loan players for the last two games of the season – but he is not interested in anyone who does not have the stomach for the fight.

With Sunderland's relegation from the Championship confirmed, there is an argument for giving game-time to those players who will be at the club next term.

But Coleman will play his strongest side available at Fulham – not out of a sense of obligation to the Cottagers' relegation rival Neil Warnock, but to his own supporters.

While Stadium of Light crowds continue to disappoint, the Black Cats have had terrific backing away from home this season.

"The squad is as it is," insisted manager Coleman, who is without Aiden McGeady and Bryan Oviedo, and rates Billy Jones 50-50 to play. "I'll go with the strongest squad we can, the strongest team we can get on the pitch.

"I told them two days ago that if you are not up for it in the last two games, don't come, don't bother getting on the bus to go to Fulham. But if you have got a bit of fight left in you, let's go to Craven Cottage and have a game of football.

"Psychologically if you are not ready for it, don't come, what's the point?

"We'll have travelling supporters there, so we have to do our job. If anybody gets promoted or relegated, it's on them across the season."

Coleman takes a team back to Craven Cottage for the first time since he left as manager in 2007.

"I was there for 10 years five as a player and five as a manager," he said. "I think that's quite rare nowadays. It seems like a lifetime ago now to be honest with you – different owners, different people.

"It's nice to see them doing well, but I can't say I'll be going back there with a twinge of anything. We're full of disappointment, they're full of hope and I'd give anything to swap circumstances."

Sunderland can do the league double over third-placed Fulham, having beaten them at the Stadium of Light in December. They have not lost in the Championship since.

"It's complete opposites I suppose, they've gone on and on and not lost and we've found wins hard to come by. When we beat them in December we thought it would have been the start of something but it hasn't taken off for us."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-coleman-if-you-not-14581656

WhiteJC

Warnock hoping to 'prove people wrong' by keeping Fulham at bay in the race for automatic promotion

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he's hoping to 'prove people wrong' by holding on to second spot.

The Bluebirds face the battle of their lives as they look to keep hold of second place with in-form Fulham still hunting them down with two games to go.

Cardiff's second-half collapse at Derby meant their game in-hand and an opportunity to grab some much-needed breathing space was wasted, and many are now favouring Fulham to secure automatic promotion.

Jokanovic's men are currently on a run of 22 games unbeaten, but it is still in Cardiff's hands with a one-point gap still in pace.

Fulham, however, face already relegated Sunderland at home on Friday night and they can pile the pressure on the Bluebirds ahead of their trip to face a resurgent Hull on Saturday.

And for Warnock, who sees tonight's game as a foregone conclusion, the pressure is already on. He said: "I don't think anyone can see anything happening other than a win tonight and Birmingham won't have anything to play for.

"It's down to us. When you look at our run, we've played all the big teams. When I looked in February, I thought if we could be close after such a difficult run of games then we can't ask any more than that.

"We haven't had any rub of the green with the referees, I still look back at Millwall but I think every club will feel like that at this stage of the season.

"It's still in our hands and they're great bunch of lads. We get over disappointments and get on. You can't dwell on it. It's very unlike us to make the mistakes we made there and I don't expect us to make them again.

The Bluebirds looked a shadow of themselves in the second-half on Tuesday night with a usually reliable defence falling apart against Derby.

There were defensive errors aplenty at pride Park, and such errors at the Kcom stadium against a free-scoring Hull City could hand Fulham control heading into the final day of the season.

However, Warnock didn't need to give his players the hair-dryer treatment after Tuesday's defeat and for him, it's quite clear where things went wrong.

"They don't need any talking to, our lads," added the Yorkshireman. "If I'm really honest, the three substitutes I made, it made us a lot worse.

"I don't think it helped our cause at all. We tried to give a new lease of life at 1-1 and it didn't work out like that. We missed Gary (Madine) more than anyone.

"We are punching above our weight and we have to try to play like that. What will be will be.

"There are certain things that shouldn't have happen but if I have my way then they won't happen again. But it's not just Cardiff City, it's all over the world. If you lose concentration, you get punished."

For the Cardiff City faithful, it's an unbearable situation, especially give the collapses they've seen at the club in the past.

It feels all too familiar that the Bluebirds are starting to lose their grip with just two games to go and that mentality of letting an opportunity slip is starting to set in.

But as Warnock is quick to point out, Cardiff have already defied the odds to get into this position and with two games to go, they only have to rely on themselves.

"To be in our situation, there's a lot of teams below us who would snap our hands off. They said this morning, when I was listening, that it's quite a remarkable story, really.

"I've been really proud for most of the season and they've not let me down.

"It would be the best, the most difficult achievement I've ever had, to get us up. It's still a good achievement just to get where we are! Only when you're behind the scenes that you realise what we had to do to get us here.

"It's quite possible we will fall at the last hurdle, but I think we've had a great season anyone and the fans will as well. It's surprising what happens at this stage of the season.

"In the past I've felt the pressure but the only pressure on me is that I want to get an eighth promotion. I just think it's an amazing feat what we've done this season.

"Not many people get the opportunity to do what these lads have the opportunity to do, so I just hope they grasp it.

"I can't do any more than just prepare them for that and give them a chance, but for us to be on a par with the clubs that I've mentioned is quite amazing really, and we're going to do our best to stay up there."

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/warnock-prove-people-wrong/

WhiteJC

Fan Focus: Fulham fan predicts a ROUT at Craven Cottage - Sunderland fans... wear your tin hats!
It may now be a meaningless game for Sunderland but Fulham have a lot at stake, going into our Friday night clash. To get the view from Craven Cottage, we caught up with Jack Collins from Fulhamish blog & podcast to talk about their promotion push, how the game might pan out and how Fulham used their defeat at the SoL to reignite their season.

RF: You might be flying now but you still have to carry the embarrassment of losing to us. At the Stadium of Light as well! No one loses at the Stadium of Light apart from Sunderland! That being said, your form has been brilliant since that defeat, so the players have clearly used that humiliation to spur them on. What have they been doing differently since the turn of the year though, to mount a push for promotion?

JC: Haha! It was probably the low point of this season, with the whole record there and being the only team to lose in 2017!

There's a suggestion in some of the interviews conducted by the players about that game and the subsequent run that it was the point where the squad had their own crisis meeting to be like "we're not doing something right here." I think at the point of defeat, there was a real feeling of disarray around the camp - when we played you Slavisa played a midfielder as a false 9 and put our striker on the wing, in a system that just wasn't working.

There's plenty of talk, and rightly so, about our January additions strengthening us, but also, Slavisa has gone back to a tried and tested system, and the timely return to full fitness of Tom Cairney has helped immeasurably as well.

RF: The battle for the remaining automatic promotion spot is very close. Do you think you can pip Cardiff to it or do you think Fulham will have to take their chances in the play offs?

JC: It's still very much in Cardiff's hands and we need to just keep putting the pressure on and hope they slip up. They go to a resurgent Hull this weekend after a tough defeat at Derby, so we're hoping the Tigers can do us a favour and put the ball in our court!

Either way though, as long as we keep winning, there are few teams that will fancy playing us in the playoffs and hopefully last year's disappointment will be a useful learning experience for the boys.

RF: Do you feel like promotion will be necessary to keep hold of players such as Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney?

JC: Cairney for sure, which might seem a little bit mental considering Sess' reputation, but TC is 27 now and is coming to the time where he deserves to be playing top level football. No Fulham fan would begrudge the skipper a go at the top flight, I feel, now he's shown his quality again this year.

I think Sess will stay for one more season whatever happens, but if we're to keep the nucleus of this squad together and try and kick on then I think it's almost now or never with this group of players.

RF: The two players mentioned above stand out and Aleksandar Mitrovic will obviously score against us. Are they the main threats in the Fulham side or is there anyone else we should be worried about?

JC: They are indeed the three that get the limelight but there is talent all over this side.

Matt Targett, on loan from Southampton, has been a revelation since coming into the side and has given Sess the freedom he needs to maraud up the pitch. Kevin McDonald is the heartbeat that keeps the team ticking and Stefan Johansen is always a threat, bursting forward from centre midfield.

RF: It feels silly asking this given we're already down but is there anyone in the Sunderland that you think could cause an upset?

JC: There's always danger playing a relegated side, because cliche as it sounds, they're freed from the yoke of expectation. George Honeyman looks a good talent, and Paddy McNair's goalscoring form of late is somewhat unexpected but marks him out as a threat.

Those two appear to be a couple of bright spots in a dark season, but there will be times where Sunderland cause us problems tomorrow evening, I have no doubt about that.

RF: I would expect Slavisa Jokanovic to instruct his side to play on the front foot but what other approaches will he take for this game? What do you think his starting line up will be as well?

JC: Slavisa doesn't have a Plan B. It's something he's been criticised for in the past but whoever you are, home or away, Fulham will come and try to dominate possession, murder you with passing and work the ball into the right areas - we simply don't know any other way to play.

The lineup won't change I don't think: Bettinelli; Fredericks, Odoi, Ream, Targett; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Piazon, Mitrovic, Sessegnon. It's done the business over the last few games and I can't see Slavisa rotating it now.

RF: Finally, what's your score prediction?

JC: I think Fulham are going to be too fired up to let anything stop them but if we don't get an early goal, the Cottage will get nervy.

I'm gonna be hopeful though and say 3-0 Fulham.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/4/27/17283982/fan-focus-fulham-fan-predicts-a-rout-at-craven-cottage-sunderland-fans-wear-your-tin-hats

WhiteJC

One Of Our Own

In Friday's official matchday programme, Ryan Sessegnon reflects on his season so far - one that could get even better if all goes to plan.

"I didn't think I'd have the impact I did so quickly this season, but the gaffer has given me the opportunity and now I want to repay him with good performances," said Sessegnon.
"As a youngster, you're only going to improve if you're playing and for him to give me that platform to perform is massive. He's tested me in two different positions, at left-back where I started, and on the wing where I am now. He's had a huge effect on my career and I can't think him enough for everything he's done for me so far."

To read the full interview with Sessegnon, pick up a programme on Friday.

Other highlights from the publication - named Programme Monthly's 'Championship Programme of the Season' - include:

Chairman Shahid Khan praises all connected with Fulham after a stellar season
    Slaviša Jokanović, Tom Cairney and Gordon Davies pen their latest columns
    Danny Murphy recalls Fulham's 'Great Escape' 10 years on
    John Marshall picks the best XI he played with at the Cottage
    And Charlie Cooper, aka Kurtan in BBC Three hit This Country, discusses life as a Fulham fan from the Cotswolds

Priced £3.50, the 100-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster where you can also purchase past editions and take out a half-season subscription.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Pocketmags from 9am on Friday morning.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/27/ryan-sessegnon-sunderland-programme

WhiteJC

AMERICAN REAM Fulham ace Tim Ream looking forward to new baby – and promotion to the Premier League

Defender and his wife Kristen Sapienza - a former footballer - are expecting the arrival of their first daughter in October

THERE are exciting times ahead in the Ream household, regardless of whether Fulham reach the Premier League.

Defender Tim Ream and his wife Kristen Sapienza, a former footballer, are expecting the arrival of their first daughter in October.

Tim Ream has huge ambitions on and off the field as he chases promotion while awaiting the arrival of his third child

She will become the third child to join Team Ream after boys Aidan and Theodore.

But the family are also hoping to  celebrate professional success for the man of the house with promotion.

Ream, 30, told SunSport: "That's the goal. To win promotion ahead of our baby girl's arrival would be perfect."

Fulham have two games left to make that happen automatically, starting with  Sunderland tonight  before a final-day trip to Birmingham.

Fulham need Cardiff to slip up to secure the last automatic promotion spot

They may win both but still not make the top two if Cardiff, who are a point ahead, beat Hull and Reading.

The heat is on, though, after the Bluebirds suffered a potentially season-derailing 3-1 defeat to Derby on Tuesday night — a game Ream chose  to skip.

He revealed: "I didn't watch it. It's not that I don't care but I can't affect the game so why am I going to sit there on pins and needles trying to head and kick every ball?

"It wasn't anything I was interested in doing so I occupied my time by sorting through kids' clothes and getting rid  of old junk to make room for the  new baby."

Neil Warnock said he would snub tonight's Craven Cottage clash to watch The Queen on Netflix, so Ream is not the only one avoiding the big games on television.

But were the Cardiff boss to take in this evening's fare, he would likely see an extension to Fulham's fabulous 22-game unbeaten run, which started after a loss at Sunderland.

Fulham have been on an incredible run and are close to securing promotion

Centre-back Ream has been a key part of that form, often starting the free-flowing attacks that have become synonymous with Slavisa Jokanovic's thrilling style of play.

The defender has become a fans' favourite, with many picking him as their Player of the  Season ahead of Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney.

In doing so, he becomes the  latest popular American to play for the club, following in the footsteps of Clint Dempsey and Brian McBride, who learned his trade at Saint Louis University, just like Ream.

But Ream — whose name is bellowed out when he's on the ball in a manner that can sound like booing to the uninitiated — was not always so loved by supporters, nor by his manager.

In fact, the defender — signed by Jokanovic's predecessor Kit Symons from Bolton in August 2015 — was very close to leaving the club the following summer when the Serb said he could go.

Ream said: "When new managers come in and results have been poor previously, they're going to look to make changes.

"I wasn't the only one to be told I could leave that summer. I pretty much had one foot out the door.

"But I knuckled down, put in the hard work and here we are two ­seasons later.

"When we came back from the pre-season trip that season, there was a  conversation between me and the manager which was completely positive.

"It wasn't an admission of wrong  but basically an acknowledgement of, 'Hey, you're all right'.

"That was huge. I knew I had changed his and the staff's opinion and I wouldn't say it was good enough because I wanted to be playing every week but it was a start.  To change his opinion was very satisfying.

"My relationship with the fans was rocky at first. I'm sure most of them wanted me to leave! But to have that connection with them now is pretty special."

Ream is obviously hoping to finish second but does not feel Fulham will suffer a hangover if they have to go up through the play-offs.

And with the mind-blowing form they are showing, he rightly points out that "no one will want to play us".

The Cottagers' rise has mirrored that of Ream, who describes himself as a  perfectionist. And with former midfielder Kristen giving him feedback at home, there is no chance of standards slipping.

The family live in Cobham, Surrey, near Chelsea's training base, and are good friends with Cesar Azpilicueta's family as their children go to the same school.

Asked what conversations around the dinner table are like, Ream added: "It goes either one of two ways. It's either nothing but football or it's, 'Let's just not discuss it'.

"Kristen's my biggest critic and my biggest supporter.

Tim Ream and his wife are both pro footballers

"If she has something to say, she's not afraid to bring it up and she knows what she's talking about, which can be a little tough sometimes!

"The running joke in the house is she was a better player than I am but that's fine, I'll take that all day. She always wins, so it doesn't matter."

Fulham fans will hope Ream himself can keep on winning so he can celebrate his daughter's birth as a Premier League player.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6154206/fulham-tim-ream-premier-league/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

WhiteJC

EFL pundit makes exciting Fulham prediction ahead of Sunderland clash

David Prutton is expecting Fulham to pile the pressure on Cardiff City in the Sky Bet Championship's promotion race by beating Sunderland this evening.

Writing in his weekly prediction column for Sky Sports, Prutton has predicted Fulham to record a routine 3-0 victory over Sunderland, with Aleksandar Mitrovic opening the scoring.

Fulham are looking to move back into the automatic promotion places this evening at Craven Cottage, with Cardiff not in action until tomorrow afternoon.

Victory will move Fulham into second and two points clear of Cardiff, who travel to the KCOM Stadium to take on Hull City tomorrow.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side are on a tremendous run of form and will be confident of continuing that against Sunderland, who have already been relegated.

Chris Coleman's side suffered a 2-1 defeat to Burton Albion in the cruellest fashion, with two late goals sending Sunderland towards League One.

Defeat this weekend will mean that Sunderland, who are four points adrift of 23rd, will finish the 2017/18 campaign at the foot of the Championship table.

The Verdict   

The table doesn't lie, with Fulham and Sunderland two clubs in very different positions heading into this weekend's clash.

Whilst Fulham are clear favourites to pick up three points, it is worth remembering that Sunderland have an excellent record against the Cottagers and beat them earlier in the season.

However, it is hard not to agree with Prutton ahead of this evening. It could be a very difficult night for Coleman and his side.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/efl-pundit-makes-exciting-fulham-prediction-ahead-of-sunderland-clash/

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham fan looks ahead to game vs Sunderland

Despite having their fate sealed there are still games for Sunderland to play and Chris Coleman's men will be looking to prove they still have something left in them.

The Black Cats take on Fulham away at Craven Cottage, Fulham are currently in 3rd place and will be looking for the three points to help them for promotion to the Premier League.

Last time out Sunderland lost 2-1 to Burton and Fulham beat Millwall 3-0.

Colin Forknall, a Fulham fan and member of online blog 'Friends of Fulham' said: "Expecting an unchanged side from the 3-0 victory against Millwall.

"We just have to continue the way we are patient, passing, build up play, Jokanovic won't have it any other way.

"As many seen when we played Millwall they came out of the blocks hard and fast in the first half and blew a gasket, completely tired themselves out.

"Which is why in the second half we took control and won the game, which continued our 22 match unbeaten run.

"Albeit Sunderland have nothing to play for if Chris Coleman and Kit Symons stay I think many of the players will be playing for their contracts.

"If Fulham are to go up automatically we need to treat this as two major cup finals, Derby helped us Tuesday now it is down to us."

Fulham have had a variety of different goal scorers this season, with youngster Ryan Sessegnon leading the line with 14 goals.

https://sportsbyte.sunderland.ac.uk/preview-fulham-fan-looks-ahead-to-game-vs-sunderland/

WhiteJC

How Fulham could set unwanted Championship record if they win their next two games

The Cottagers are in a promotion fight with Cardiff and could set the unfortunate record

If Fulham and Cardiff both win their last two games then the Cottagers could set a Football League record for the most points won by a team who missed out on promotion.

With 85 points to their name and two games left to play, Fulham could finish the season with 91 points.

Ordinarily that would be enough to take them up in at least second place, but Cardiff currently occupy that spot with 86 points and also have two games left to play.

If they slip up in either one of those then the Bluebirds could be be knocked off their perch by the Cottagers.

Fulham are chasing promotion (Image: PA)

But they could set an unwanted record (Image: PA)

However, if they hold their nerve then it could be a trip to the record books for Fulham.

No team has finished the season with more than 90 points and not won promotion.

In 1997/98 Sunderland finished third in the second tier with 90 points.

They made it to the play-off final but lost on penalties to Charlton after drawing four-all in extra time.

No team has finished the season with more than 90 points and not won promotion (Image: PA)

In 2011/12 Sheffield United finished third in League One with 90 points. They also made it to the play-off final and missed out on penalties.

A ridiculous 22 penalties were taken in that match with Blades keeper Steve Simonsen missing the final spot kick against Huddersfield.

Only one team in Football League history has finished outside the top two with 91 or more points.

In 1981/82 Wigan finished third in the old Fourth Division with 91 points - the same as second place Bradford City and five short of table-toppers Sheffield United.

There were no play-offs back then though so the top four teams were automatically promoted.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-fulham-could-set-unwanted-12436990

WhiteJC

MATCH PREVIEW: Fulham v Sunderland - Cover your eyes & pray we get through 90 minutes unscathed!
The fat lady has well and truly sang - Sunderland are relegated. The only small mercy? It wasn't at the hands of Fulham's on-loan striker Aleksandar Mitrovic. Here's the preview for tonight's game.

Much of the talk surrounding Sunderland AFC this week has been two-fold. Firstly, the fact that we were relegated for the second time in under a year and all the feelings associated with that, and secondly the ownership situation surrounding the club.

When Darren Bent took to the field last Saturday I suspect that everyone in the ground and following the game around the country knew what was coming.

Of course he would score. It was inevitable. The second thing that was written in the stars was the fact Burton would be the ones to relegate us. All the jibes to the Newcastle fans about enjoying Burton away when they went down would come back to bite us, every bit as much as Bent's appearance.

But Sunderland AFC were not relegated simply on the back of last week's home defeat. The fans quickly turned their ire from Bent to perhaps the only man who is hated more on Wearside - Ellis Short.

The lack of leadership, commitment and heart from the Sunderland owner has led us to a sorry state in our illustrious history.

I have been amazed this week how many people, who have kept largely silent on the matter of Mr Short, have come out this week. Media, pundits, and even our own CEO have given their views on the abysmal situation we find ourselves in due to the owner's reluctance to engage with this football club. The fact he hasn't even bothered to speak to Chris Coleman is simply unforgivable.

And yet, Coleman himself has continued to be open and honest in front of the cameras this week. I, for one, hope he is the one to turn this club around. I'm not saying he's not made mistakes along the way - he readily admits he had hoped for more of an impact - but he has worked in the most difficult circumstances and still wants to be the manager of Sunderland AFC.

Tonight is sure to be a strange experience for him. Returning to his old club, Fulham, will bring back memories of an end to his playing days and entry in management. He will, I'm sure, proudly enter the ground as Sunderland's manager and he will hope that the memories of yesterday can still be eclipsed before he leaves Wearside.

Fulham are on such a fine run of form, and this game comes at a critical point in their season, where all of the expectation will be on a home win. The ability the London side have within their ranks, the craft, guile and skill, will be on show for the TV audience and many Premier League managers will be eagerly watching a team they will likely face next season.

To do so, they have to win tonight. Cardiff occupy second spot by virtue of a single point and have two relatively straight forward games left, with a visit to Hull followed by a final home game against Reading. After tonight, Fulham end their season at Birmingham City.

Any slip ups will surely open the door for their rival to avoid the play-off lottery and take their place in the top flight. Coleman will not want to hand it to his old side, though, and will be keen for his charges to put up a fight. Perhaps, with the pressure off, Sunderland could be the banana skin that decides second place.

One thing Coleman could do is start to look to the future, though. He talked about the need to bounce back next season and the aim for everyone has to be promotion at the first attempt. Whilst we have a duty to perform tonight, we also have a duty to Sunderland AFC to start that rebuilding job. Picking a strong first team meets the first obligation, but Coleman could select a youthful bench and allow one or two future stars the chance to make their debuts and show there is hope for us to come back.

At Roker Report we have, for some weeks now, spoken highly of Luke Molyneux, Elliot Embleton and Max Stryjek. None of them are likely to start the game tonight, but it would certainly give the youngsters a huge boost to be selected for the squad. It would also give the fans a shot in the arm were just one of these prospects to take to the field at some point during the game.

In recent fixtures Callum McManaman has been taken off, so there is a chance, perhaps, for Luke Molyneux to stake a claim for inclusion in the first team next season. He will travel down to the capital along with Embleton and 16-year-old Bali Mumba, who is rated exceedingly high by regular viewers at the Academy of Light.

Personally, I would love the talk to change from the likes of Bent, Rodwell and Ellis Short to the small, hopeful whispers of a brighter future for Sunderland AFC in the hands of Molyneux, et al.

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/4/27/17286420/match-preview-fulham-v-sunderland-cover-your-eyes-pray-we-get-through-90-minutes-unscathed

WhiteJC

Sunderland Tickets

Tickets are still available for Fulham's final home game of the regular season tonight when they take on Sunderland at 7:45pm

Junior tickets are just £5 across all areas of the ground while matchday prices for adults start from £35.

With limited availability across certain areas of the ground, secure your ticket in advance now online, by telephone on 0203 871 0810 (opt 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

See you at the Cottage - COYW!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/27/pay-on-the-gate

WhiteJC

Chairman's Notes

Good evening and thank you for choosing to spend your Friday night with Fulham Football Club, under the floodlights and on the occasion of drawing the curtain on the home portion of one of the more memorable and impressive regular seasons in your Club's brilliant history.

It's our penultimate match, our 45th fixture in a gruelling but rewarding journey in the Sky Bet Championship and, of course, I hope it will be our final home appearance this season. As much as we all love Craven Cottage, wouldn't it be great if we don't have to return to play again in May?

There are few words to adequately describe what we've experienced here at our home ground and wherever the Whites have appeared over the past four months. I cannot tell you anything about our stunning unbeaten run that you don't already know. I cannot add anything to the explosive and emotional victory a week ago tonight at Millwall that continues to resonate throughout our Club. And now, with the good fortune resulting from Derby County's win over Cardiff City on Tuesday, I'm no different than you, entertaining all the scenarios and outcomes over the final two weekends of the season that might lift us to a second-place finish on 6th May.

All I can offer is, it's no exaggeration to say that Fulham have been the talk of English football and likely beyond since our last league defeat in mid-December against Sunderland, our guests this evening. That makes me exceptionally proud to be your Chairman, and I thank each of you for being part of a story that now only lacks the happy final chapter that you, our coaches, staff and players all deserve.

Your Club has also enjoyed a spectacular run off the pitch in recent weeks. While it seems like a long time ago, it was only 20th March when our plans to redevelop the Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage were approved at a London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham planning hearing. Perhaps in other seasons, this news would be carrying the day in SW6. Understandably, that's not true for now.  Nonetheless, the news represents a major achievement for Fulham Football Club and the many residents and supporters who banded together to help this project earn the approval it merited.

We plan to begin work just over a year from now and what eventually awaits us will serve your Club and the neighbourhood for generations to come. Whether Fulham are in action or not, the new Riverside Stand - and the uninterrupted walking path along the Thames that it will provide - will bring new life, opportunities and pride to us all. And, let's never forget possibly the most important element of the new Riverside Stand, and that's helping to ensure a stable and sustainable future for Fulham as well as our historic and beloved home here at Craven Cottage.

For more good news off the pitch, allow me to salute Ryan Sessegnon on recently collecting an astonishing five EFL awards - the Apprentice of the Year, Young Player of the Season and Championship Player of the Season, the latter of which he was up against his teammate and captain Tom Cairney as well as the spectacular Ruben Neves of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Ryan was also acknowledged as a member of the Championship Team of the Year with Tom and Ryan Fredericks, and he received a special recognition award in the EFL Club Developed XI category - a definitive nod to the continued excellence of our Academy under the direction of Huw Jennings.

And there was more from Ryan just last weekend, when he was among the nominees in the category of Young Player of the Year at the PFA awards, becoming the first player outside of the Premier League to receive a nomination. He missed out on picking up this trophy to a most worthy candidate, Leroy Sane of Premier League champions Manchester City, but Ryan and we should all be proud to see his brilliance recognised at the highest level of the English game. Well done, Ryan!

Of course, we don't need an awards ceremony to tell us that in Slaviša Jokanović we have one of the very best men in the game, and in any category imaginable. The results Slaviša has posted as our Head Coach over the past two seasons speak for themselves, but I'd personally like to acknowledge something more. When I think of Slaviša, I consider the presence, integrity and pride he brings to your Club, certainly not only on matchday, but also as we train, as we travel and in all manners of representation of Fulham. Our players mirror Slaviša's determination and class, giving all of us one more reason to love this squad. No matter how our campaign ends, our appreciation for Slaviša Jokanović should last a lifetime.

And what a time to appoint Alex White to the role of Official Club Historian! You're probably familiar with Alex, but if not, he has unofficially served as Fulham's historian in the past, with credentials that are virtually unrivalled given that he attended his first Whites match in 1962. Alex is the author of numerous books on Fulham and he continues to contribute to the programme you're reading now. I'm delighted that his years of service are being duly noted with his official appointment as our historian, during what is unquestionably an historic season for your Club.

It's a great time to be a Fulham supporter, and that's evident in the strong interest so far in 2018/19 Season Tickets, renewals and new purchasers alike. Whether we're playing 19 or 23 league matches at home next season, being able to count on your passion and faith is important, appreciated and never overlooked.

And, to members of the Fulham family everywhere, whether you attend the occasional match at the Cottage, travel on the coach to back the Whites on the road, or tune in around the world to the descriptions of Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid, always know that your support is every bit as treasured. To everyone who produces independent Fulham podcasts, fanzines and fan forums, I thank you as well for your authentic voice and energy. To the Fulham staff, from the backroom to the front office, to everyone dedicated to making matchday at Craven Cottage the ultimate football experience, thank you for being the best in the business.

Literally to everyone, thanks for a magical season.

Come On You Whites!

Shahid Khan, Chairman

http://www.fulhamfc.com/shahid-khan/notes/2018/april/27/chairman-notes

WhiteJC

Black Cats massive odds to bag win at Fulham tonight; it would be the most 'Sunderland' thing to do

Chris Coleman's men are as high as 16/1 with some bookmakers to beat Fulham tonight. With relegation confirmed last week and no more fight to fight this season, winning at Craven Cottage would be the most 'Sunderland' thing to do.

Sunderland are priced at a huge 16/1 to beat Fulham tonight. The bookies are offering by far the biggest Black Cats odds of the season on Chris Coleman's men escaping with all three points from Craven Cottage.

The previous longest odds of this miserable campaign were for Sunderland to win at Wolves in December with some bookmakers pricing that trip up at 10/1. Roughly the next highest price offered on a Black Cats away game was for the unlikely 4-1 victory at Derby in March.

Despite being the first club to be relegated this season, Sunderland's away form - which is marginally better than their home - has been mirrored in the betting markets this term. In the top 20 'longest' odds of the season, the Black Cats only featured in those two fixtures before tonight's game. Burton claim eight of the highest odds of the campaign and Bolton four of them.

Sunderland's longest odds of the season for a victory at the Stadium of Light was for the visit of Middlesbrough in February and for the home game against Aston Villa in March at 3/1.   

With the club already relegated, and the heat now off, it would actually be quite the 'Sunderland' thing to do to bag an unlikely victory and spoil Fulham's promotion hopes. Not that it really matters with nothing to play for of course, though the Black Cats will still have a decent travelling contingent at the Cottage this evening with 1,200 tickets sold.

The game may only come with interest for Sunderland fans should the likes of youngsters Bali Mumba, Luke Molyneux and Elliot Embleton get some time of the pitch.

http://www.wearewearside.com/post/2018/04/27/black-cats-massive-odds-to-bag-win-at-fulham-tonight-it-would-be-the-most-sunderland-thing-to-do.aspx