watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aboubakar Kamara

Started by notonfire1226, April 27, 2018, 09:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

£5m for a 22 year old. Developed a great deal already this season without even getting game time.

Think in 2 years he could be impacting games just as much as Mitro (albeit in a different way). Certainly if he continues on this projection.

If we go up... I think he should go on loan in the Championship. If we stay down, he will be needed probably week in, week out.

love4ffc

Ak and Piazon are two completely different players.  Piazon is more the quick one two player who looks for the give and goes with little flicks here and there.  It doesn't always work out but when it does, as mentioned by another member, it can be a beautiful thing to see.  Especially when it's in the box. 

AK, though some seem to think he isn't, is a strong lad who can hold up play and bring others in to play.  Just like Mitro.  He just doesn't have that same kind of killer finish as Mitro.  What he also brings, as HatterDon put it, is energy and pace that completely changes the dynamic of the game. 

It's actually sad to me that he doesn't get more minutes.  Yes I agree he probably can't do a full 90 but,  he could easily start or get more minutes to kill off a game. 

Just my thoughts. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

He made such a difference - another inspired sub by our manager, though a shame that Targett is injured - hope it's nothing serious.
Well he's only young, would soon build up his fitness if he actually played 90 mins.

hovewhite

AK impressive ,made a difference and think long term will be a quality player.

Twig

I am sure he will be with us next year. I think SJ is bringing him on gently. He is a real prospect.

Milo

Was a stats signing.. as was Odoi.. Kebano... etc etc

RogB

It was a good night for a big strong player in those conditions. Thought he did well and showed character.

alexbishop

Quote from: HatterDon on April 28, 2018, 01:36:04 AM
He brought energy and pace, but once he was in the penalty area he dithered and was the soul of indecisiveness. I don't see him with us next season.

To be fair he is a striker by trade rather than a winger so more used to central areas where the decision making is more simple - shoot
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SP

Check the weight of his pass to Fred for the first goal, absolutely sublime.

Tabby

Quote from: SP on April 28, 2018, 11:45:46 AM
Check the weight of his pass to Fred for the first goal, absolutely sublime.

Also set Fred off with a great backheel when he had 3 players round him later. He always plays on the edge and doesn't take the easy way out, a bit like Johansen. Hopefully he'll get the balance better as he matures because when it comes off he looks like a great player.

filham

Yes, Kamara had a good game last night.
If he is not selected to start then he has to be our automatic 60 minute impact sub to replace Piazon.

keithh

I thought he added zest which won the game. Don't appreciate Piazon as every time I refer to him he seems to give the ball away. Didn't realise how much I miss Floyd. Would like to see Kebano get more time. Nearly a Fulhamish night which would have seriously deflated the team. All eyes on the games today. Hope Birmingham win today.

CincyFulham1

Kamara is like a puppy with big feet.  He shows glimpse of what he is capable of early in the season, but even when he pulled off something nice it still seemed sort of clumsy.  His first touch was, let's just say poor.  Last night he showed that he was starting to grow into his feet and his first touch has...improved.  He isn't the big dog yet, but if he continues to improve we could have a really nice player on our hands.

S.F.Sorrow

If Jokanovic stays I have a feeling Kamara will be gone next season. He has never really been given a fair chance. Fonte was selected ahead of him for the first half of the season and then Mitro arrived.

I really like Kamara, a bit rough but looks very promising. He doesn't look like one of Joka's players though and we all know what happens then... Probably a stats signing. Same thing with Kebano, never given a fair chance IMO. I wonder if he's really injured or if he went on strike after the Brentford game. Must have been embarrassing. Joka clearly doesn't rate him. Still, I can't argue with the results so Joka probably knows best.

FulhamStu

Piazon is a good player and great club man, but last season was not a starting 11 player and this season in a better squad he should be on the bench.  Slav has Ayite as his first team starting right side of Mitro. 

Last night Kamara was the game changer.  He came on when everyone tight, and by his flamboyant performance changed everything.  He was massively involved in the equaliser which again changed the game.

I would be VERY tempted to start AK next week, he will not be something Brum will have a plan for.  On the other had, Piazon will be totally predictable, good but nothing special a bit lightweight in what will undoubtably be a physical challenge,
Release AK47 next week and into the playoffs if necessary.  He alongside Sess and Mitro will scare the bolloks of everyone.

Scrumpy

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on April 28, 2018, 09:51:59 PM
If Jokanovic stays I have a feeling Kamara will be gone next season. He has never really been given a fair chance. Fonte was selected ahead of him for the first half of the season and then Mitro arrived.

I really like Kamara, a bit rough but looks very promising. He doesn't look like one of Joka's players though and we all know what happens then... Probably a stats signing. Same thing with Kebano, never given a fair chance IMO. I wonder if he's really injured or if he went on strike after the Brentford game. Must have been embarrassing. Joka clearly doesn't rate him. Still, I can't argue with the results so Joka probably knows best.
......but the Manager is not beyond reproach. He should have played Betts earlier in the season and should also have pushed Sess forward earlier. Also, in my opinion, he should have played AK much more often too. He makes things happen.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

OtherHodgson

Nice kid too. My girlfriend and I met him after the QPR match in McBride's and he was happy to sign my kit and be in a few pics.  Will need to learn English though to help speed his development.