watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting article about the 82/83 season from the Guardian

Started by Kimbleman, May 04, 2018, 05:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

Yes I agree, although I found the timing of it disturbing.   I'm feeling so nervous about Sunday anyway I thought it was a bit of a bad omen!

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Holders

A good summary of those fateful events but if there's an omen to be found it's in Leicester who were well behind but went on an unbeaten run whilst the team above them stuttered then it all came good for them on the final day...

It was Fulham's for the taking all season just like it's been Cardiff's.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stevieboy

SuffolkWhite

Yep was there also and have disliked Derby ever since, but the team did choke in the last few games of the season with some rubbish results.

The team we have today are at least well prepared and capable of going up either Automatically or Play Off's.

COYW  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Amberram

Hi Rams fan here,

I've read various posts about "that" incident in 82/83 and to this day find it bizarre what happened and allowed to happen. I wasn't at the game that day, but my brother was and his account of the events were mind blowing.
I know some of you guys still hold a grudge against Derby as I probably would if the roles had been reversed. I hope time does heal and you can find a way not to judge us all by the standards of some idiots.
I hoped by us beating Cardiff you may have come to forgive us a little.

All the best for Sunday and hope you make it.

Cheers
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/Smileys/MSNIcons/beer11.gif

Steeeeeeeeeed

Very Interesting Article, I wasn't aware of this, having begun to properly follow Fulham in the mid 90s.

Ps, I have found a video of the game on YouTube, not sure if others are aware of it, so will post in a separate thread.