watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Media avoidance

Started by bog, May 05, 2018, 08:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone hear Wireless5 last night at about 9-20? They turned to the last day of the Championship and how jolly exciting it was. They went on and on about Colin's quest for the record of promotions, how they were 2nd from bottom when he took over, then a few words with good old (he's lad aint 'e) Colin, followed by more tributes to him and then another interview with Cardiff's assistant  manager, Kevin Blackwell, followed by more plaudits. Then, 'they've have played well haven't they' about Fulham. Next.....no mention of the shambles when our manager took over and the style of play....nothing. Did not even mention his name. Am I surprised? No.

092.gif

Andy S

I don't know why people listen to these stupid programmes and expect anything else. There are certain rules the media work to
1 what a great place east London is everything about it is great. The people the football club etc
2 Wales the coal miners  in rugged men who can sing and support their football clubs to the hilt
3 Northerners and their wonderful football teams
4 the rest of us are not on the same playing field and should be grateful

filham

A good win at Wembley and they will have to acknowledge us .

bog

Quote from: Andy S on May 05, 2018, 09:13:05 AM
I don't know why people listen to these stupid programmes and expect anything else. There are certain rules the media work to
1 what a great place east London is everything about it is great. The people the football club etc
2 Wales the coal miners  in rugged men who can sing and support their football clubs to the hilt
3 Northerners and their wonderful football teams
4 the rest of us are not on the same playing field and should be grateful

I only tuned in by accident....thought it good timing until I heard the biasness.

092.gif 

bog

Quote from: filham on May 05, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
A good win at Wembley and they will have to acknowledge us .

Exactly

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Warnock gets a two page spread in The Times today. Nothing about us.

HV71

I also can't believe how bad the media coverage has been. It's bad enough how they love Colin so much - but the lack of credit for our run is incredible ( especially given the way they were fawning over Milwall's run - which of course we ended) Add to this even when Talksport's Abraham's was commenting on our form he was concentrating on how the club would implode if we didn't get promoted!!

We are a proper , traditional family club playing beautiful football and yet they don't seem to recognise it or like us- just dont get it

bobby01

Not surprise, no one was interested in us in  our Europa  cup run. We rarely receive decent recognition, the other teams always have an off day, we were lucky, etc etc. I am well used to it now I just stand with my fellow Fulham fans, because we know we have done well.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bog

It is not as if we are one of those club's supporters who thrive on 'no one likes us' so the media takes offence. Down the years it has really peed me off (and more). As has been said about the Europa run, I will never forget  Andy Townsend saying after every win 'well I cannot see them getting past the next round' especially when we were due to play Hamburg. P*** off!
But sod em all, whatever happens tomorrow they are still my club and I love em!

COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

092.gif

HV71

Quote from: bog on May 05, 2018, 05:29:18 PM
It is not as if we are one of those club's supporters who thrive on 'no one likes us' so the media takes offence. Down the years it has really peed me off (and more). As has been said about the Europa run, I will never forget  Andy Townsend saying after every win 'well I cannot see them getting past the next round' especially when we were due to play Hamburg. P*** off!
But sod em all, whatever happens tomorrow they are still my club and I love em!

Well said Bog COYW !!!

In Joka I trust!

COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

092.gif

Peabody

Bog, this time tomorrow, we will know, premier or play-offs. Whichever one, I don't give a toss what the media say, I have enjoyed every minute of this journey.

bog

Quote from: Peabody on May 05, 2018, 06:32:42 PM
Bog, this time tomorrow, we will know, premier or play-offs. Whichever one, I don't give a toss what the media say, I have enjoyed every minute of this journey.

Peabody, exactly. We have tried by way of sumptuous football. I read that we top the the list of average passes in a game at about 460 Colin's lot do 155. It is down to who gets the most points but I prefer our way. COYW!!!

092.gif

hovewhite

Colons way! Or slave way,irrespective of final positions,it has to be slavs way !as we are Fulham fc,West London's style capital and we have style of play to boot.
Wales can keep colin!!

Peabody

Quote from: hovewhite on May 05, 2018, 09:21:48 PM
Colons way! Or slave way,irrespective of final positions,it has to be slavs way !as we are Fulham fc,West London's style capital and we have style of play to boot.
Wales can keep colin!!
If Cardiff do go up, they won't keep Warnock, will they?

grandad

I have never understood why people like Warnock, Allardyce & Pulis get treated with adulation by the media. I detest all 3 of them for their cheating & thug tactics.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bog

A friend of mine used to ref at quite a high level and used to go the area general meeting of refs. This included some from the Football League. Colin is the most detested. But he knows how to play the media. But fans know what he gets up to.

Come on Slav and the boys wipe away his supercilious smile and give me probably my best ever birthday present!  COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

092.gif

HV71

Quote from: Statto on May 06, 2018, 08:16:08 AM
Warnock is hated by all the proper football people I know.

Even Cardiff fans don't seem to love him in the way we love Tigana, Roy and Jokanovic.

I can only assume most of these journos are typical middle class media types, who don't actually go to games (except for work) or support a team and lap up Warnock's story of "plucky" little Cardiff (who actually spent more than us)

They're a bit like a posh bird going out with a "bit of rough" until the novelty wears off

So true Statto - but they are also inherently a bit lazy. Warnock is a self publicist - who is always available for a quick quote. He comes over as very affable off the pitch but shows his true self and lack of class when on the touch line . This is a rich vein for the media and they love him for it - with the increasing need for 24x7 news and the cult of the personality the likes of Warnock flourish . So very , very sad