watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bottling... could it be Joka's fault?

Started by ..FOF.., May 06, 2018, 04:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

"The Whites boss has refused to draft in a sports psychologist to get inside heads of talented but underperforming players – but revealed he's had plenty of informal chats with those who do."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-reveals-how-learned-11134312

In case some of you guys didn't realise, I am a fan of Joka.... but I think this might be one of his greatest weakness.

Hopefully we have a plan to hire a professional psychologist soon.... like tomorrow :005:

Mince n Tatties

Playing what looked like an injured Targett today might be more of his fault.

Andy S

A bit early for recriminations I think

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on May 06, 2018, 05:13:02 PM
A bit early for recriminations I think

Not really if he played a player who wasn't 100 per cent and who looked at fault for both first half goals.
Must have been something as he took him off HT.

..FOF..

Well, maybe the psychologist might go to work on Joka himself.

Get our coach's head cleared up for selections.

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on May 06, 2018, 05:05:49 PM
Slightly different topic to the OP but... as great as he is... if we don't go up and he leaves it will stick in my throat a bit. Getting a club like us out of this division doesn't require a miracle worker. If we don't go up, he will have failed in a task that was perfectly achievable. He needs to see this job through to come out of it with full respect IMO

Jok has yet to have a full season unhindered by outside, unhelpful influences.  If we don't go up it is essential he stays.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on May 06, 2018, 05:05:49 PM
Slightly different topic to the OP but... as great as he is... if we don't go up and he leaves it will stick in my throat a bit. Getting a club like us out of this division doesn't require a miracle worker. If we don't go up, he will have failed in a task that was perfectly achievable. He needs to see this job through to come out of it with full respect IMO

Got to agree with all that.

Twig

Disagree completely with the sentiments on this thread.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Should a professional footballer at this level and playing in todays game with such high stakes need
ANY shrinks or outside encouragement than that which is inside his own head.
That's without the money they earn and the 'shop window value'

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

Shrinks,for the money there on!
Your avin a laugh!

terryr

guys
we had a 22 game unbeaten streak
One game does not a psycho team make

..FOF..

Definitely Joka to stay on.... The point of this thread is to show that Fulham's backroom scene have a lot to improve too.

I believe our scouting department is still lacking.

These are only 2 that I can "see".

In the article, Joka stated that some psychology work IS being done on the players, just that it is being done by the coach himself.

Merely suggesting that we leave it to a trained professional and see how it goes.

SadOldGit

Can't imagine Haynes or anyone else like him or his generation needing psychological help to play football

Andy S

I'm still gutted today and will be for a few more days. I cannot imagine what good a shrink would have done. It is on the day too many faces froze. They played with fear and were punished. It is what happened and that is it. It may well concentrate the mind for the play offs but I don't expect a classic. It will be hard fought.

Woolly Mammoth

I am sorry to have to say, people who are suggesting the players need a shrink, actually need a shrink themselves.
If players cannot motivate themselves in accordance with the managers attempts to motivate them, then there is something lacking in both the players and the manager. Especially if the manager picks the same starting 11, when you consider the players we have on the bench who I imagine should be busting a gut to play.
The excuses regarding this issue about having an off day, and the unbeaten run had to come to an end sometime, is nowhere near acceptable.
Not in a game of this magnitude v Brum. The adrenaline alone should have swept them through, where was the leadership, on and off the pitch.
Why did we start off poorly once again, and have the usual dreadful first half.
Then with all at stake you would have thought they would raise their efforts and tempo a couple of gears.
But instead they let themselves down and the manager and the travelling supporters.
Maybe we have got lucky in first halves at Millwall and other matches.
But we still had time to wrestle something out of this game, and at least go down in glorious defeat.
Maybe Jok has to take some responsibility also.
It will be interesting to see how they react and respond after their first League defeat in 2018.
Because mark my words Derby County will be up for this.
Where were our Talismen yesterday, where were our Buccaneers, where were our Warriors.
Where are our Charasmatic Players, have we got any ?
Because when things are not going our way, that's when the Characters and Leaders emerge.
That's when the Fighters show their spirit.
If a player is having a bad game, he can still run around. He can still talk shout communicate, be involved somehow.
Every single player has to take responsibility for this, not one or two.
I would like a draft copy of the contents of one of Joks pre match Dressing room talks, because whatever he says, assuming he says anything at all, is definitely not working on the evidence of many first half displays.
So Friday looms, and Fulham and Jok and the players who are selected better roll their sleeves up and sweat plenty of blood on Friday, because Derby are waiting to pull the rug from under our feet.
A good performance and result on Friday to put us in the ascendancy, will make it a little more easier on the Monday to finish the job in style.
Nobody said it was going to be a picnic, it's time to stand up and be counted.
NOT ONE STEP BACK FULHAM !!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

gezkc

"Talented but under-performing players"? What a ridiculous article. We went 23 games unbeaten in a division where it's known that anyone can usually beat anyone, including wins against all of the top and in form teams. I don't call that "under-performing".

Yesterday was very disappointing, and the decision to play Targett clearly questionable (though understandable - we're not the same team when Sess has to play as left back, and unfortunately we've no other options in that position), but it's crazy to start calling for Joka's head after the way he's got us playing and the run we've been on.

I'm sure he'll get the team motivated for the Play offs, with or without the help of psychologists. All the players desperately want to play in the Premier League. We won't play like yesterday again.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 06, 2018, 04:51:08 PM
"The Whites boss has refused to draft in a sports psychologist to get inside heads of talented but underperforming players – but revealed he's had plenty of informal chats with those who do."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-reveals-how-learned-11134312

In case some of you guys didn't realise, I am a fan of Joka.... but I think this might be one of his greatest weakness.

Hopefully we have a plan to hire a professional psychologist soon.... like tomorrow :005:

This article was written in April 2016!!!!!!  Scraping the barrel to have a go at Slavisa. 

..FOF..

Relax.... it is a fancy word, and all it means is just someone to talk to the players.

Most likely it will involve issues outside of football like family, money or addiction.

Joka is taking that role now.... nothing new.... yeah, since 2016.

Again, merely suggesting a professional that the players can choose to go and consult.