News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

premier division....bit of a problem with it.

Started by jarv, May 08, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Totally predictable (apart from the occasional freak result)..Top 6, the usual and EVERY other team has a negative goal difference. Does not exactly reflect the "best league in the world". It does reflect however, the richest teams in England. So, if Fulham win the playoffs, who would bet on a positive goal difference at the end of next season?  Having said that, top half will be a fine achievement.

Tempest

Got to say I love the championship,  we win games, I don't get the whole PL thing, don't get me wrong, beating Chelsea was an amazing day, Europa league? Unforgettable,  but on the whole it's about staying up with the odd good season pushing for Europa league qualification.  I can't see Khan investing anything more than allowing survival, I think in our first season in the championship we had to win more games than we had in the previous 3 years in the prem just to stay up! I never want to see us lose but if we don't go up, I won't be disappointed,  I'll get to see us win more games than we would in the premier league

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

hovewhite

Quote from: Tempest on May 08, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
Got to say I love the championship,  we win games, I don't get the whole PL thing, don't get me wrong, beating Chelsea was an amazing day, Europa league? Unforgettable,  but on the whole it's about staying up with the odd good season pushing for Europa league qualification.  I can't see Khan investing anything more than allowing survival, I think in our first season in the championship we had to win more games than we had in the previous 3 years in the prem just to stay up! I never want to see us lose but if we don't go up, I won't be disappointed,  I'll get to see us win more games than we would in the premier league

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exactly how I feel 100%

Bassey the warrior

It's definitely more fun being a big fish.

However the fact is if we don't go up we lose many of our best players and likely our manager. We could be fighting relegation from the Championship. We have to go up.

Luka

I have massively enjoyed the Championship.
However I'm now looking forward to being a yoyo club between the PL and the Championship.
Promotion battles one season and relegation battles the next.
Never a dull moment !!

Twig

The Championship has its merits but also downsides; poor officiating, thuggish sides dominated by "big lumps"', some tired away grounds that need investment.  In addition there is the fear that one bad year takes you down another division.  No, on balance I prefer the prem for all its faults.

RaySmith

The Prem is where the money is, and the glamour, the  high profile players and games, with all the  media coverage.

OK, so represents a lot of negative things about the game too, mainly the  money aspect, but you have to aspire in sport - a professional football club has to aim for the top when it's so competitive at all levels, otherwise they will likely be going the other way, and we all know where that can lead.

Remember, we were a Prem club for 13 years, so who's to say we can't consolidate our place again, if we get there - and that's maybe the hardest  bit.

Would fans generally be happy to accept mid-table Championship mediocrity, with the fear of one year falling through the trapdoor - what price Div. 1 anyone? but we'd win a lot of games I suppose.

But having said that, the main thing is Fulham and the Cottage will still be here whatever league we are in, for us to turn up to every  winter Saturday to cheer, moan, feel  inspired, depressed, but mainly to identify with the club we love so much.
We are Fulham, FFC, whatever happens, and always will be.

Holders

I think Ray's right. Our present division has been fun but there's nothing like a place at the top table, even if it is below the salt.

The fact is that, with money like it now is, there really isn't any choice for a club with any kind of ambition.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

It is the nature of competition to get as high up the ladder as you can.  The fact that you may never get to the very top shouldn't enter into it.     

love4ffc

As it has been said, both leagues have their ups and downs.  Having experienced the Championship now through Fulham I find it to be a fantastic competition even with it's bad refs and all.  So I guess at the end of the day I really don't care which division we play in as long as it is the premier or the championship.  All that matters is that I'm a Fulham fan who just wants to watch his team play. 
:wine:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

filham

There are from time to time great results in the Premiership. Remember that  win at the Cottage over Man. U. with Rooney and Scholes both losing their rag near the end of the game and picking up red cards and then Fergusen blaming the size of the dressing room for their defeat.
I can thrive on one or two more like that.

Andy S

Wherever Fulham play I'll be watching but the premier for all its games on odd days is where it is best to be

hovewhite

I will have to find a local team to watch a Saturday game as Fulham won't be playing Saturday in the PL.

Robbie

Prefer the Championship but a football team is like a shark, move forward or die.

aaronmcguigan

Ah quit it. Yes the top 6 are set in stone, but that's left 13 other beatable teams in that league. I'm not overselling us but us in full flow could give any of Jose teams a decent game, and that's before any investment. Everton are 8th . Twice this season they had runs of 2 wins in 12 games then following up with 4 wins in a row. In the space of 3 days in November, they got slapped 4-1 by Southampton who barely score ever, then 3 days later turn up and destroy West Ham 4-0

Leicester have managed to go into freefall lately. Earlier in the season they won 4 in a row then lost 4 in a row.

Every promoted team has beaten Man Utd this season.

Burnley have qualified for Europe and are finishing 7th.

But yea keep going with the boring , predictable rhetoric. I don't understand how a positive goal difference indicates predictability anyway. If you have a Man City in form, they won't just score 1 goal against you, but it's the 26 other winnable games to focus on as well as giving the big 6 a good game and who knows what will happen. In our PL days , we were able to beat all the top teams at least once.  In fact we have beaten every team we have played in the premier league except Cardiff , Watford and Ipswich. By the same token, the only teams not to beat us in the premier league are Watford, Norwich, Blackpool, Burnley, Derby, and Leicester.

It's a league id love us to be part of again

HatterDon

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 08, 2018, 11:14:59 PM
Ah quit it. Yes the top 6 are set in stone, but that's left 13 other beatable teams in that league. I'm not overselling us but us in full flow could give any of Jose teams a decent game, and that's before any investment. Everton are 8th . Twice this season they had runs of 2 wins in 12 games then following up with 4 wins in a row. In the space of 3 days in November, they got slapped 4-1 by Southampton who barely score ever, then 3 days later turn up and destroy West Ham 4-0

Leicester have managed to go into freefall lately. Earlier in the season they won 4 in a row then lost 4 in a row.

But yea keep going with the boring , predictable rhetoric. I don't understand how a positive goal difference indicates predictability anyway. If you have a Man City in form, they won't just score 1 goal against you, but it's the 26 other winnable games to focus on as well as giving the big 6 a good game and who knows what will happen. In our PL days , we were able to beat all the top teams at least once.  In fact we have beaten every team we have played in the premier league except Cardiff , Watford and Ipswich. By the same token, the only teams not to beat us in the premier league are Watford, Norwich, Blackpool, Burnley, Derby, and Leicester.

I'm with you, sir
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Newry FFC on May 08, 2018, 11:14:59 PM

I've got to agree, there are lots of winnable games in the PS (home and away) and we had a few good results.
The gates increased no doubt due to 'floaties and tourists'
However, I'd love another season in the EFL, with a better start, just to do another "Tigana' before we go up
for a few years.
No teams are going to compete with Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc in the next few years,
but maybe that will addressed as the Championship has been.
I believe that people will get pissed off with this 'money wins all' situation
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The Premiership relegation fight is still going on and it will either be Swansea or Huddersfield. At present Huddersfield have to get something out of Chelsea this evening but if they are thumped it will take their goal difference to being worse than Swansea, who in turn must win their last game to catch Huddersfield.

So it will either be a straight Wales swap, or more likely last season's unlikely Play Off winners going down. They surprised us all last season so what are the chances of them doing it again?

aaronmcguigan

The only teams to do Tigana style seasons in recent years are teams who have thrown money at it like Wolves, or who relegated teams who have either kept their best players or reinvested the parachute money like Newcastle.
Unless we take a risk of all or nothing for promotion then we won't see a Tigana season. Similarly I don't think any club coming down or staying down is capable of a Dominating season. That is of course before investment and transfer window opens. Middlesbrough and Aston Villa have shown recently that throwing money at the problem doesn't always work, and at least one but hopefully two of these will still be in the championship next season

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 09, 2018, 09:17:01 AM
The Premiership relegation fight is still going on and it will either be Swansea or Huddersfield. At present Huddersfield have to get something out of Chelsea this evening but if they are thumped it will take their goal difference to being worse than Swansea, who in turn must win their last game to catch Huddersfield.

So it will either be a straight Wales swap, or more likely last season's unlikely Play Off winners going down. They surprised us all last season so what are the chances of them doing it again?

Swansea beat West Ham in early March. Since then, in 9 games they have scored 2 goals and lost 6 of this 9. They play Stoke who have nothing to play for and no pressure other than fighting for the pride of notnfinishing bottom. If Huddersfield can take a point off city they can take a point off anyone.