watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Finishing 3rd and winning play offs

Started by Tempest, May 08, 2018, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Is not unusual but statistically as of 2016 (as per sky sports) 10 teams have done it and 17 times 3rd place has failed. Apparently the team with the momentum is also a bigger favourite,  worked well last year! Personally if we beat Derby we'll win the final, ideally against Villa, think they are a little more open than Boro,  I'm just a little worried about being 3-0 down from the first leg!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

When we beat Villa 2-0 they had Grealish and another forward missing. Not unbeatable, but they missed thoughts two badly.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Bad typing  and  spellcheck playing tricks - Those two badly

Bassey the warrior

It's a shame we lost and Derby won, but my hope is we catch them complacent whereas we are really fired up. I hope KMac has given everyone an earful.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on May 08, 2018, 03:06:22 PM
When we beat Villa 2-0 they had Grealish and another forward missing. Not unbeatable, but they missed thoughts two badly.

To be fair, Grealish isn't someone to be afraid of. 8 goals in 2 seasons in the championship as an attacking midfielder is frankly awful for a player who prem teams are still looking at. Like Berahino seems to be another one whose brand is bigger than their accomplishments...

Twig

I checked and more 3rd place sides have won the Championship play offs than any other of the positions (9 times).

filham

Remember we finished 13 points ahead of Derby, that must make us favourites to beat them. But of course anything can happen on the day.

HatterDon

If you want to see a statistical analysis that would even garner MJG's praise, go over to FulhamUSA.com  and read Micah's "lottery or not" post. Pack a snack. It'll take a while.

http://www.fulhamusa.com/threads/championship-playoffs-lottery-or-not.9758/#post-115622
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel