watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Red Scouser or Blue Scouser?

Started by finnster01, February 06, 2010, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Given todays derby, what is your preferred poison? I am not a big fan of anything scouser, but I do have a very soft spot for Everton. In a way they are very Fulhamish. Great old stadium (for how long though?), bullied by a big neighbour, good manager etc. And we always beat them at the Cottage
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

Much as I instinctively dislike anything with blue tinges, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Everton. This is mostly down to that nice chap, Licker, which reminds me, we haven't heard from Bill for a while.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

finnster01

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on February 06, 2010, 12:26:41 PM
Much as I instinctively dislike anything with blue tinges, I do have a bit of a soft spot for Everton. This is mostly down to that nice chap, Licker, which reminds me, we haven't heard from Bill for a while.
Good point Mr FC. Where did our fav scouser go? Did we lose him in the move?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

Many years ago the press and TV used to and still do, put it about that Liverpool had such great fans. I am sure that they do. But it was known within the game that Liverpool were not the cuddly, friendly types we were lead to believe.

Everton on the hand always seemed to be good for a banter. Not that we moved in the same circles often. Only on the Underground when paths were crossed.

So Everton for me, Rangers and not Celtic and Arsenal and not Spuds but oddly United over City due to past life meeting friend of Brian Kidd who would lend us a Season Ticket for the odd match.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

Blue if I'm watching them play with my brother or red if I'm watching them play with my best mate.

Today I'm supporting the red's because it would be good to finish above Everton this year.

OldBrownShoe

I am Fulham through and through, born and bred there too. But for some reason or other I have always been secondly interested in Liverpool as a club, since the days of Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley. I blame them. However I had and retain a soft spot for Everton due in no small measure to Alex Young, "the Golden Vision".  Given the choice then, Blue! Both Lighthouse and Finnster sum up how I also feel about them. If that makes sense.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

White Noise

I have always found the two sets of fans very, very different and the Evertonians are much more easy to get along with.

I kind of want the Red half to win today though because I want Spurs to get nowt and, as Jim says, Fulham to finish above Everton.

RidgeRider

Nothing new here but Everton for me. When I decided to pick a club, Everton was my other choice and remain the club I most like to watch after Fulham. I, like many on this board, have a soft spot for that club.

TheDaddy

Blue as a good friend of mine supports them. Thats the only reason.Well that and the fact that i went with a red scouser to visit he sick oldman up in liverpool only to be told to fcuk off or offered to have  fight in the boozers i went into because im a "londoner "
My mate had to intervene and explain i was with him. Still they weren't interested something to do with " I have considerably more money than you syndrome"
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

blingo

NONE of em. I am a Fulham man full stop. ;)

Yarden

In General I would want Everton to win, but today I`m hoping for Pool so we can get past Everton with our win against Bolton;)

FFCOutpostCommander

It is posts like these that really separates us "Yanks" from you lot. Unless an American's parents brought their club alliances with them from Europe, we Americans just haven't got the history of generations of support and loyalty that you all demonstrate with such passion. Makes me quite jealous to be honest. I first took interest in Moyes teams when McBride did his first loan spell with him in 2000 at Preston North End. I was a big McBride fan and pointed him out as the best example of a complete player to the youths I was coaching at the time. Having been properly introduced to English Football, I started to tune into as many matches as I could find. Being a typical American sucker for a feisty underdog, I found Fulham their first year in the Prem and have supported them ever since. Imagine how delighted I was when we signed Brian in '04. Made it complete for me. The only other team I've had any interest in has been Everton since Moyes took over. Simular respect for both him and Roy. I enjoy seeing what coaching talent can accomplish when the mad money spending losers at the big clubs can't.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

as someone who grew up 22 miles away fron the City of Liverpool it's Everton all the way for me-if you have ever spent anytime in the City you will quickly work out that AS PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE GAME-more are blue than red,however as arm chair,watch it in the pub type fans the reds win hands down.There are so many Irish/Norwegian/London reds who go to watch Liverpool it's mental and some Liverpool fans from the city struggle to get a ticket-thats why they need a new ground,Liverpool could fill a 65000 seater every game no problem,and thats without away fans.

Always found Everton fans much more friendly and open to banter than a rednose and they seem to have a love of football as well as there own team-much like us really ;D

FatFreddysCat

Despite that Blue that comes on here sounding like a decent chap, i cant stand scousers, i was spat at by loads of Everton fans as a youngun after i'd help them gib into Wembley for the Everton v Liverpool cup final. And despite Liverpool fans blaming the old Bill for Hillsbrough, anyone who has seen their fans play up will know that their drunken fans often cause a big squash at games to try to force their way in. And did you see that Scouser in Istanbul for the Euro final nick a ticket out of the kids hands. For me they live up to their thieving reputation. Sorry Bill if you happen to read this.