https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa think we won't sell out

Started by fcfulham55, May 16, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

gilbertoAVFC     315

Posted 2 hours ago

We're basically having home advantage for this aren't we. We will outnumber, out-drink and out-sing them. I think if you're willing to spend the money on the day out/can afford it and want a ticket you shouldn't have problems getting one. Won't be feasible for various reasons for many ST holders to go. Pleasantly surprised at the allocation.

Edited 2 hours ago by gilbertoAVFC

Pick of the posts. 064.gif
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulhamben

Brilliant, so villa think we won't sell out, yet they will easily be able to get tickets if they want one 😂 I pressume he never read it back before posting. Meanwhile our members are sweating on availability
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

choice_of_ends

Maybe. Maybe not. As long as we score them out, I don't care.

hovewhite

Who gives a f*** what they think I don't also they won't make the same impression on or OFF the pitch we do!!

Lighthouse

Always think this is a silly argument. They are one of the biggest clubs in the second biggest city in the Country. We are one of many clubs in the Capital. But over the years we have managed to find fans somehow. They should outsell us. They should beat us as they spent much more money. Yet they wont do either.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
Always think this is a silly argument. They are one of the biggest clubs in the second biggest city in the Country. We are one of many clubs in the Capital. But over the years we have managed to find fans somehow. They should outsell us. They should beat us as they spent much more money. Yet they wont do either.

Spot on. And as for out drinking us..... well if they want to turn up off their faces that's their choice I guess.

Neil D

Quote from: Twig on May 16, 2018, 08:07:10 PM

Spot on. And as for out drinking us..... well if they want to turn up off their faces that's their choice I guess.

Nice one.  Infantile posturing on their part.  We will actually want to remember the day - maybe it would be best for them if it were all forgotten in an alcoholic haze.

The Enclosurite

Opposition fan logic:
We sell out - we are full of day trippers and tourists
We don't sell out - we have tinpot support

Who actually cares?
¡COYW!

Jimpav

Difficult to get upset by this, it's one random fans opinion!

I don't think we will sell out either but no shame in that, it's going to be the biggest gathering of Fulham fans in my lifetime whatever happens!

Pud

Quote from: The Enclosurite on May 16, 2018, 08:49:21 PM
Opposition fan logic:
We sell out - we are full of day trippers and tourists
We don't sell out - we have tinpot support

Who actually cares?

Just reminded me - some Villa fans were turning on their own on Wednesday night after the game with chants of 'Where were you when we were poo?' 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on May 16, 2018, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM

Two things are most certain, they won't out drink us, and they will not beat us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Villains will be too busy complaining about the price of a pint to actually drink any.

Andy S

I'm delighted they think it will be a stroll in the park. I hope the players think the same

AVFC1982

Hi all Villa fan here.

I think you will sell out but I don't think any of our fans thought your club would offer 5 tickets per a reference which seems crazy for a Playoff final I know Fulham isn't one of the bigger supported teams but with that I expect you to. Our club is allowing 1 ticket per reference as we have over 20000 ST holders which is fair or else the tickets would of sold out yesterday.

:003:

fulham traveller

Outdrink us, not at London prices they won't, they will be buying tins from telcos

AVFC1982

Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2018, 11:21:20 AM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I think you will sell out but I don't think any of our fans thought your club would offer 5 tickets per a reference which seems crazy for a Playoff final I know Fulham isn't one of the bigger supported teams but with that I expect you to. Our club is allowing 1 ticket per reference as we have over 20000 ST holders which is fair or else the tickets would of sold out yesterday.

I'm confused.

If less tickets are offered to ST holders initially, surely that just means more will go on general sale later.

If we'd only offered 1 per ST holder, then all those ST holders wanting more than one would just have bought the extra in the general sale a few days later.

So how does offering more/less to ST holders make a sell-out more/less likely?

All it means is more of our tickets will have been purchased by genuine fans who go to games, rather than random people and Johnny-come-latelys.

Admittedly it's possible those random people can just get an ST holder to buy for them, but at least that's a bit more hassle than just being able to buy them in a large general sale, which is what will happen with Villa's allocation.

Hi

What I mean is that with Villa having 20000 plus ST Holders if we ventured into Fulham's option of upto 5 tickets each the tickets would of sold out last night which was the first day of sale. I don't know Fulham's ST numbers but I am guessing on attendances its not much over 10-12000 I may be wrong so apologies if I am! But with this Fulham can offer more tickets per reference to ST Holder's who can then resell them on which I believe is not right but what can you do. If a ST Holder is buying upto 5 tickets it also means a lot of fans there will likely just be fans who want to see a big game at Wembley maybe not loyal Fulham fans which is also wrong IMO.

Sherlock

Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I'm confused.

If less tickets are offered to ST holders initially, surely that just means more will go on general sale later.

If we'd only offered 1 per ST holder, then all those ST holders wanting more than one would just have bought the extra in the general sale a few days later.

All it means is more of our tickets will have been purchased by genuine fans who go to games, rather than random people and Johnny-come-latelys.

Admittedly it's possible those random people can just get an ST holder to buy for them, but at least that's a bit more hassle than just being able to buy them in a large general sale, which is what will happen with Villa's allocation.

Hi

What I mean is that with Villa having 20000 plus ST Holders if we ventured into Fulham's option of upto 5 tickets each the tickets would of sold out last night which was the first day of sale. I don't know Fulham's ST numbers but I am guessing on attendances its not much over 10-12000 I may be wrong so apologies if I am! But with this Fulham can offer more tickets per reference to ST Holder's who can then resell them on which I believe is not right but what can you do. If a ST Holder is buying upto 5 tickets it also means a lot of fans there will likely just be fans who want to see a big game at Wembley maybe not loyal Fulham fans which is also wrong IMO.

Personally i think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions. I would strongly believe that Fulham ST holders buying more than 1 ticket are doing it to provide tickets for people who are fans - probably family/friends and are also members/regular attenders. granted there may be the odd friend who's been a few times but really support another team. I can't see ST holders taking up the full 5 just for the sake of it given the cost. Ticket sale yesterday seem to agree with me.

We are all aware Villa have a bigger fan base than us, but this is a massive day in Fulham's history and there are still well more than 38,000 people who feel some connection to the club. It should be a great day  049:gif

AVFC1982

Quote from: Sherlock on May 17, 2018, 11:40:24 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I'm confused.

Hi

Personally i think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions. I would strongly believe that Fulham ST holders buying more than 1 ticket are doing it to provide tickets for people who are fans - probably family/friends and are also members/regular attenders. granted there may be the odd friend who's been a few times but really support another team. I can't see ST holders taking up the full 5 just for the sake of it given the cost. Ticket sale yesterday seem to agree with me.

We are all aware Villa have a bigger fan base than us, but this is a massive day in Fulham's history and there are still well more than 38,000 people who feel some connection to the club. It should be a great day  049:gif

I agree with a lot of what you've said just don't be surprised if there is a fair few villa fans around you  :005:

Sherlock

Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I'm confused.

Hi

I agree with a lot of what you've said just don't be surprised if there is a fair few villa fans around you  :005:

I am very doubtful, looks like we'll sell out on Sunday. But if somehow a few manage to and want to be surrounded by thousands of celebrating Fulham fans when Mitrovic slams home his hat-trick goal then i hope they enjoy themselves  :003:

AVFC1982

Quote from: Sherlock on May 17, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I'm confused.

Hi

I am very doubtful, looks like we'll sell out on Sunday. But if somehow a few manage to and want to be surrounded by thousands of celebrating Fulham fans when Mitrovic slams home his hat-trick goal then i hope they enjoy themselves  :003:

I hope this is not the case!