watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

We certainly seem to be leaving it late this window. Crossing my fingers for a few coming in this week as we still have four or five glaring holes in the squad, and a lot of the top available players have gone to our rivals who are spending like mad to stay in the division. No reason we shouldn't be competing with the likes of Wolves and West Ham for the caliber of players they've signed.

Just worried we're going to be caught short and end up having to overpay like crazy for some average players, or just end up with the scraps.

Ordar

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2018, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: Ordar on July 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
Wolves are close to signing Portugal international Joao Moutinho from Monaco

Wolves are having a very good window

Moutinho or Seri? Though together would be impressive...

He'll be playing CM with Ruben Neves, so they're looking strong there

They've also signed Rui Patricio, Jimenez and Willy Boly as well as making Jota and Bonatini perm.

They'll be a good team this year

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Ordar on July 23, 2018, 11:03:14 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2018, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: Ordar on July 23, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
Wolves are close to signing Portugal international Joao Moutinho from Monaco

Wolves are having a very good window

Moutinho or Seri? Though together would be impressive...

He'll be playing CM with Ruben Neves, so they're looking strong there

They've also signed Rui Patricio, Jimenez and Willy Boly as well as making Jota and Bonatini perm.

They'll be a good team this year

The Rui Patricio deal could blow up in their face though. Potential 48m if it goes Sportings way.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Roberty on July 23, 2018, 09:40:18 AM
Some good news from Southampton - maybe we will get Targett

'SAINTS HAVE TO SELL TO BUY'

Mark Hughes says Southampton will have to sell players before they consider adding anyone else to their squad this summer.

Speaking to the Southern Daily Echo, Hughes said: "We will probably have to sell or allow players to go out of the club if we're likely to bring anybody in now I would think.

Or, they are forced to sell Bertrand and rely on Target...

river phoenix

Quote from: Pluto on July 23, 2018, 11:00:50 AM
We certainly seem to be leaving it late this window. Crossing my fingers for a few coming in this week as we still have four or five glaring holes in the squad, and a lot of the top available players have gone to our rivals who are spending like mad to stay in the division. No reason we shouldn't be competing with the likes of Wolves and West Ham for the caliber of players they've signed.

Just worried we're going to be caught short and end up having to overpay like crazy for some average players, or just end up with the scraps.

We cannot compete with Wolves for portuguese/portuguese based players because they are all Jorge Mendes` clients and he is basically director of football at Wolves.

West Ham do have a good transfer window but obviosly they are more established premiel league side than us, currently.

Patience, if we sign David Lopez, Sergi Gomez or Mateo Mussachio for a CB, Targett, Augustinsson or Plattenhardt for a left-back, Schurrle or Cavaleiro for a winger/forward (with Mitro and Fabri being reportedly done) we can have a very nice window too.

Chesh

Quote from: river phoenix on July 23, 2018, 11:26:22 AM
Quote from: Pluto on July 23, 2018, 11:00:50 AM

We cannot compete with Wolves for portuguese/portuguese based players because they are all Jorge Mendes` clients and he is basically director of football at Wolves.

West Ham do have a good transfer window but obviosly they are more established premiel league side than us, currently.

Patience, if we sign David Lopez, Sergi Gomez or Mateo Mussachio for a CB, Targett, Augustinsson or Plattenhardt for a left-back, Schurrle or Cavaleiro for a winger/forward (with Mitro and Fabri being reportedly done) we can have a very nice window too.
0001.jpeg
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

filham

Why is there talk of Lopez, surely Serri, Johansen, McDonald and Cairney should see us alright up to Christmas.
Is it not the weaker areas of centre back, left back and striker that need filling.

HV71

Quote from: filham on July 23, 2018, 12:36:55 PM
Why is there talk of Lopez, surely Serri, Johansen, McDonald and Cairney should see us alright up to Christmas.
Is it not the weaker areas of centre back, left back and striker that need filling.

👍

So very true

Mince n Tatties

Norwood on his way to Hull,wants first team football.
Dont blame him.

Tabby

Lopez is a CB.

river phoenix

David Lopez was playing centre-back last two years.

Mince n Tatties

Ian Franton,Ballymena to Dunfermline.
Well there's nothing happening here and I'm bored.
😭😭😭😭😭

Porthogs FC

Think we still need Mitro, another CF, a starting RW, then a cover for RW/LW. No idea what Schurrle transfer fee would be (min $15M I would imagine), but he could technically cover all three positions. So we could have Sess - Mitro - Starting RW with top three subs being Schurrle/Kamara/Kebano. If I'm greedy I would want another CF to challenge Mitro but that's hella expensive.

the nutflush

Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
Think we still need Mitro, another CF, a starting RW, then a cover for RW/LW. No idea what Schurrle transfer fee would be (min $15M I would imagine), but he could technically cover all three positions. So we could have Sess - Mitro - Starting RW with top three subs being Schurrle/Kamara/Kebano. If I'm greedy I would want another CF to challenge Mitro but that's hella expensive.

Yes.  Wellbeck.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM

Janssen or Llorente from Spurs on loan would be a low cost option as backup.

keithh

I noticed that Forfar & East Fife played last night & it went to penalties. Result? Forfar 5 East Fife 4. Eric would smile at that.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 23, 2018, 08:39:52 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 23, 2018, 07:49:16 AM
Jo Hart is a definite no from me I'm afraid.
Too much baggage and a potential to destabilise the dressing room.

Not saying we should sign him,only defending him as I think there is still time for him to come back and be the keeper he was.
Don't understand where you get too much baggage from and he would upset the dressing room.
He's maybe a nice guy who would be excellent in the dressing room.

Sorry Mince.

I don't mean upset the dressing room in that way, as I too think he's a nice guy.

What I was trying (and failing) to get at was, imo, the defensive players gain confidence knowing a confident and solid goalie is behind them.

Hart is most definitley not that at the moment, (hence the term baggage), so it could unsettle the defence imo.

hth
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Twig

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? .................

Skatzoffc

Agreed.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !