watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Afobe on his way back to Wolves from Bournemouth.

LVBPTS

Quote from: charliejones141 on May 30, 2018, 12:27:26 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 30, 2018, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: charliejones141 on May 30, 2018, 11:09:12 AM
Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.
I now declare the 'The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19' well and truly open.

Great to be back lads.

is this the same Jota that we signed last summer as broken by Charlie and then was presented by Birmingham? :-)
Supporter since 2000

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: corbs83 on May 30, 2018, 12:36:34 PM
Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.
I now declare the 'The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19' well and truly open.

Great to be back lads.

is this the same Jota that we signed last summer as broken by Charlie and then was presented by Birmingham? :-)

lol

Marcel_Gecov

George Williams free transfer to Barnsley or Rotherham apparently

Would be a huge shame but understandable when he leaves.

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 30, 2018, 12:37:51 PM
Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.

Great to be back lads.

lol

Sounds like Charlie's work.

Barrett487

Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.

Great to be back lads.

Good point, however, remember this is predominantly a rumours thread. He posted that because he had reason to think it would happen. It turned out he was mistaken. Hopefully Charlie will adapt the content and style of his posts this year and enter into discussion.

Did you get to Wembley Charlie?

Mince n Tatties

Fulham,QPR,Wolves interested in out of contract Dylan McGeough of Hibernian.

charliejones141

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2018, 12:46:56 PM
Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.

Great to be back lads.

Good point, however, remember this is predominantly a rumours thread. He posted that because he had reason to think it would happen. It turned out he was mistaken. Hopefully Charlie will adapt the content and style of his posts this year and enter into discussion.

I did mate the best day of my life by some way.

cmg

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on May 30, 2018, 12:40:30 PM
George Williams free transfer to Barnsley or Rotherham apparently

Would be a huge shame but understandable when he leaves.

His career seemed to take a downward trajectory after impressing for Wales. Injuries, I guess.

On a happier and more important note, did anyone see that amazing picture over the weekend of George's tiny baby son with his father (George), grandfather, great grandfather and 103 year old great, great grandmother? 5 generations, incredible.

Barrett487

Quote from: charliejones141 on May 30, 2018, 12:55:26 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2018, 12:46:56 PM
Jota to Fulham so I hear

Charlie! Wonderful!
Welcome back.

Great to be back lads.

I did mate the best day of my life by some way.

0001.jpeg  049:gif

bobby01

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2018, 10:47:39 AM
http://www.nufcblog.com/2018/05/30/a-part-exchange-for-mitrovic-is-possible-with-this-player-coming-to-newcastle/

A Part Exchange For Mitrovic Is Possible – With This Player Coming To Newcastle

The Chronicle is reporting today that Newcastle are interested in signing Fulham right-back, Ryan Fredericks.

The 25-year-old has a three-year contract that runs out at the end of next month, and he and his agent are waiting to see what Fulham offer him to stay on at Craven Cottage and play in the Premier League.

Ryan was born and bred in London having been born in Hammersmith.

He started his career at his hometown club Tottenham Hotspur and eventually moved to Bristol City before joining the Cottagers on a three year deal in the summer of 2015.

And he says he would like to stay at Fulham after they were promoted last Saturday by beating Aston Villa 1-0 in the playoff final at Wembley.

Two London clubs West Ham United and Crystal Palace are also interested in signing the defender who has been at Fulham for three years and has played for them 114 times with 16 assists.

He did have a loan spell at Middlesbrough in the northeast in the 2014-2015 season and played for the Smoggies 19 times.

After beating Aston Villa on Saturday Fredericks had this to say:

"It's up to the people behind the scenes but I'm sure everyone will want to stay and play at the highest level with Fulham and see what we can achieve."

Newcastle do seem to have some leverage since Fulham want striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and the club could do a part exchange deal with Fredericks and cash coming Newcastle's way.

But this will all depend on what Fulham offer Fredericks in a new contract and whether that's acceptable to the right back.

I do not understand this, he is a free agent at the end of the month, why would he be part of a deal for mitro
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Barrett487

Quote from: bobby01 on May 30, 2018, 03:11:43 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2018, 10:47:39 AM
http://www.nufcblog.com/2018/05/30/a-part-exchange-for-mitrovic-is-possible-with-this-player-coming-to-newcastle/

A Part Exchange For Mitrovic Is Possible – With This Player Coming To Newcastle

The Chronicle is reporting today that Newcastle are interested in signing Fulham right-back, Ryan Fredericks.

The 25-year-old has a three-year contract that runs out at the end of next month, and he and his agent are waiting to see what Fulham offer him to stay on at Craven Cottage and play in the Premier League.

Ryan was born and bred in London having been born in Hammersmith.

He started his career at his hometown club Tottenham Hotspur and eventually moved to Bristol City before joining the Cottagers on a three year deal in the summer of 2015.

And he says he would like to stay at Fulham after they were promoted last Saturday by beating Aston Villa 1-0 in the playoff final at Wembley.

Two London clubs West Ham United and Crystal Palace are also interested in signing the defender who has been at Fulham for three years and has played for them 114 times with 16 assists.

He did have a loan spell at Middlesbrough in the northeast in the 2014-2015 season and played for the Smoggies 19 times.

After beating Aston Villa on Saturday Fredericks had this to say:

"It's up to the people behind the scenes but I'm sure everyone will want to stay and play at the highest level with Fulham and see what we can achieve."

Newcastle do seem to have some leverage since Fulham want striker Aleksandar Mitrovic and the club could do a part exchange deal with Fredericks and cash coming Newcastle's way.

But this will all depend on what Fulham offer Fredericks in a new contract and whether that's acceptable to the right back.

I do not understand this, he is a free agent at the end of the month, why would he be part of a deal for mitro

Agree.... i wasn't overly confident of this story when i copied it into this thread.

Theory only... maybe Ryan has intimated that he might sign a new contract. I read he has said he wants to play for us in the Prem, that he loves the team spirit and ethos at Fulham. Perhaps he's open to helping us make some money in a transfer fee as well?

Barrett487

On Sky transfer centre. Shame, if true, he impresses me and would have liked him here.

NORTH EAST MOVE FOR TRAORE?

Adama Traore, one of Middlesbrough's brightest stars of their play-off campaign, could be on his way up the M1 to Newcastle, according to the Yorkshire Post.

The newspaper reports the Magpies would be willing to meet Boro's £15m valuation of their flying winger, following their failure to win promotion back to the Premier League.

charliejones141

Just pure speculation here but would anyone take Patrick Roberts if he became available?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: charliejones141 on May 30, 2018, 03:37:18 PM
Just pure speculation here but would anyone take Patrick Roberts if he became available?

Forest Green Rovers are looking for a player.

Barrett487

I don't think he'd fit in. He's lightweight and i can't remember him chasing back to help defend (maybe that's changed now he's in a lesser league).   Also, it vary rarely works out when a player returns to a club for a second spell, although there are exceptions (Mullery springs to mind).

SP

SKY reporting Robert Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern.  I can dream.

cmg

He had an impressive first season in Scotland but made what I would consider a poor decision when he opted to stay for the Micky Mouse Scottish FA Cup final instead of going with the England u20 squad that won th World Cup (Sheyi Ojo was part of it on the rw). Since then he has suffered injury problems.
Whenever I have seen him play for Celtic has has shown that he still has the moves that made him one of the best young players in Europe. However he doesn't seem to have developed his game and has stagnated in Scotland.
I feel he would benefit emensely from the kind of coaching he would get with us.
I would love to see him return 'home' (I don't agree with those who think he was disloyal, although perhaps he was misguided) and we are more likely to be able to offer him a 1st team place than Manchester City, but I expect City would want what they paid us for him - and that, I think, would be too much at this stage.
He hasn't grown much, but works hard. And he's only 20 - seems to have been around for ever.

Milo

I'd like Traore to see what Kamara, Mitro and Traore unleashed on the Prem would look like. Presumably just madness and chaos.

Tonywa

Nailed on for Jsson Koumas to sign in the next few days I hear