watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Agree it's a bit harsh to hold it against Patrick Roberts for not turning down a move to Man City - it's not like he was getting into our first 11 on a regular basis, plus it was good money at the time we probably needed to funding moves for Cairney etc. given FFP rules.

Would love to see is secure Targett / Mitro, then go for Alfie Mawson (ball playing CB) and Jonny Evans - especially if he has the £3m relgation clause in his contract as reported by various sources.

Nero

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2018, 03:29:11 PM
On Sky transfer centre. Shame, if true, he impresses me and would have liked him here.

NORTH EAST MOVE FOR TRAORE?

Adama Traore, one of Middlesbrough's brightest stars of their play-off campaign, could be on his way up the M1 to Newcastle, according to the Yorkshire Post.

The newspaper reports the Magpies would be willing to meet Boro's £15m valuation of their flying winger, following their failure to win promotion back to the Premier League.

they must want 15m for mitro then

bobby01

Quote from: Nero on May 30, 2018, 04:56:00 PM
On Sky transfer centre. Shame, if true, he impresses me and would have liked him here.

Adama Traore, one of Middlesbrough's brightest stars of their play-off campaign, could be on his way up the M1 to Newcastle, according to the Yorkshire Post.

The newspaper reports the Magpies would be willing to meet Boro's £15m valuation of their flying winger, following their failure to win promotion back to the Premier League.

TBH from what I have seen of traore is an Olympic sprinter with no end product.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: bobby01 on May 30, 2018, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: Nero on May 30, 2018, 04:56:00 PM

TBH from what I have seen of traore is an Olympic sprinter with no end product.

Since Pulis came in he was actually developing one to be fair to him. 5 Goals, 10 Assists when Monk didn't even play him at the start of the season is a pretty good return for a winger. Plus Jokanovic would be able to keep developing him in my opinion. Only have to look at the improvement of the likes of Fredericks, AK47 etc. since he came in.

We Are Premier League

Well, we only have 12 senior players at the moment, excluding the once that SJ appear to not be a fan of. Need about 10 signings this summer...

Betts, Butts
Ream, Odoi, Christie
Johansen, Cairney, McD
Sess, Ayite, Fonte, AK

Djalo, Kebano, Fred, Cisse, the youngsters and the loans excluded.

vagrant

I'm hoping we go for James Maddison from Norwich.
Think he would be a great fit.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: mlangstrom on May 30, 2018, 06:36:44 PM
Well, we only have 12 senior players at the moment, excluding the once that SJ appear to not be a fan of. Need about 10 signings this summer...

Betts, Butts
Ream, Odoi, Christie
Johansen, Cairney, McD
Sess, Ayite, Fonte, AK

Djalo, Kebano, Fred, Cisse, the youngsters and the loans excluded.

You can probably exclude Butts as well to be fair

MrFFC

Hope to see Mitro Targett Norwood & Kalas return. Alfie Mawson would be a great pick up at cb. Adama Traore would be an interesting one at RW. I wonder if we return for players previously linked with such as Diego Rolan & Che Adams
Come on you Whites!! :)

supersimmo123

Antonio from West Ham linked from HTC this evening.

Barrett487

Quote from: supersimmo123 on May 30, 2018, 10:39:18 PM
Antonio from West Ham linked from HTC this evening.

I reckon this could be good for us

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/30/fulham-a-logical-destination-for-west-hams-michail-antonio-after/

West Ham United could be willing to listen to offers for Michail Antonio during the summer transfer window, according to the Guardian.

Antonio has scored or made 32 goals in 90 West Ham games since his £8.5 million leap from Championship football, but endured his worst season as a Hammers player last term, in which he suffered various injury lay-offs.

Barrett487

Quote from: Statto on May 30, 2018, 11:14:34 PM
Quote from: deano_632 on May 30, 2018, 10:57:13 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5788821/Ryan-Fredericks-join-West-Ham-free-despite-Fulhams-promotion.html

that would pi44 me off. i don't blame him for keeping his options open when he wasn't sure whether we'd get promoted, but with us having been promoted, if he goes to another mid-table premiership team that is just disrespectful. the massive irony is they could easily get relegated next season

Would p1ss me off on a free. He has been brilliant for us this season, but Cyrus will step in.

The Rock

Is there still an age restriction? Kline, moderate knob, if it was his policy - to only bring in players with resale value is not a bad policy.

Barrett487

Quote from: The Rock on May 30, 2018, 11:52:50 PM
Is there still an age restriction? Kline, moderate knob, if it was his policy - to only bring in players with resale value is not a bad policy.

Love it and will quote it when not in the presence of minors (not miners)  049:gif

Barrett487

BU66ER !!

So hope this isn't true, it  is the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5788821/Ryan-Fredericks-join-West-Ham-free-despite-Fulhams-promotion.html

West Ham United are in a four-way fight to land out of contract Fulham right back Ryan Fredericks.
Fulham are desperate for him to renew following their promotion to the Premier League and both Southampton and Crystal Palace are interested in the defender.
Fredericks is is currently away in Las Vegas, with the Fulham team as they celebrate their arrival in the Premier League but the Irons are due to meet him on early on Monday as they move fast to get their man.
There is big confidence in the Irons camp that they can persuade Fredericks to sign as they believe they can outbid the other clubs on his personal terms.
The world wide reputation of new manager Manuel Pellegrini could also count heavily as the player considers his decision.
The  Hammers are keen to get their summer business completed as quickly as possible and want to avoid a bidding war over Fredericks.
The 25 year old was voted into the PFA Championship side of the year and his  serious pace and athleticism is considered right exactly what the Irons require.
The club are very hopeful Fredericks will be the first player to put pen to paper as they move fast to complete their business with more signings expected over the next two or three weeks.

FirstCoastFulham

Haven't seen him linked but just throwing a name out there, Malang Sarr from OGC Nice. 19, CB, a bit like a more defensively minded Sess from what I can see. Very comfortable with ball to feet and can also play left back. On contract with Nice til 2021 so may be a bit pricey.

wheelerdeeler

If Fredericks does leave, we should look at one of Michel Macedo (Las Palmas), Jonas Svensson (AZ Alkmaar), Moritz Bauer (Stoke) or Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from United now they're signing another RB from Porto. Christie's not good enough to start in the Prem. Loses his man too easily, so god help him against the Sane's and Hazard's of this world.

FirstCoastFulham

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 31, 2018, 02:41:29 AM
If Fredericks does leave, we should look at one of Michel Macedo (Las Palmas), Jonas Svensson (AZ Alkmaar), Moritz Bauer (Stoke) or Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan from United now they're signing another RB from Porto. Christie's not good enough to start in the Prem. Loses his man too easily, so god help him against the Sane's and Hazard's of this world.
Bauer looks legit from what I've seen, I'd be pleased with getting him. Can't speak to the others.

RP24

I'd be surprised if West Ham we're still interested. They've just go a new manager so surely he would have his own targets. Or are west ham operating with a transfer man and then just a team manager?

@jolslover

That's sad. Fredericks was probably the best RB in champ, A good player.
STH H3