https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 13, 2018, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 13, 2018, 03:05:14 PM
Plea has gone to Borussia Mönchengladbach.

nice edit.  :54:

Yeah, read Borussia and assumed Dortmund. Had to do a double take.

Count Flapula

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 13, 2018, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 13, 2018, 02:44:31 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 13, 2018, 02:07:22 PM
He plays the same role wide as is brother and is quick.
thanks, I'll keep an eye out for him this year

Can he go outside the opposition rather than cut back inside all the time like his brother

+1, was going to say exactly this about his brother - skillful player but cut inside absolutely every time without fail, so became easy to predict / play against (a bit like Pat Roberts when he was with us really).

Always hoped he would progress but without seeing Frei play much since leaving us, his apparent career plateau in terms of clubs represented / never sticking anywhere too long indicates he hasn't yet developed another dimension to his game.

Shame really as he was clearly talented.

As for Sako, i'd take a punt on him for a free transfer - 6 goals in 19 games last season before his injury end of Jan finished his season.

LVBPTS

BRIGHTON CLOSE IN ON BISSOUMA

A £17.5m deal for Lille's Yves Bissouma to Brighton is expected to be announced very shortly, according to French publication L'Equipe.

The 21-year-old midfielder has reportedly agreed personal terms with the south coast side, after Lyon opted to not to pursue an initial enquiry.

Bissouma has previously been linked with Tottenham and Everton.
Supporter since 2000

charliejones141

All this talk of Kerim Frei on here today. Would anyone take him back?

sunburywhite

Quote from: charliejones141 on July 13, 2018, 05:10:28 PM

No, never progressed

Would struggle to make it into reserves
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: charliejones141 on July 13, 2018, 05:10:28 PM

Why would we? FFC have moved on.

cmg

Looks like I picked the wrong season to start supporting Nice.

Holders

Quote from: cmg on July 13, 2018, 05:32:10 PM

Looks like I picked the wrong season to start supporting Nice.

That takes the biscuit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nero

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on July 13, 2018, 06:21:19 PM
Quote from: gang on July 13, 2018, 02:40:48 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 13, 2018, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on July 13, 2018, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 13, 2018, 10:58:13 AM
I can't believe people would even consider wanting Ross McContract back. Are you mental? Not only did we do well to recover what losses we would of made if he were to stay and not sign a new contract (he'd not have bothered coming to training, see Villa as a prime example, unless you choose to believe he did indeed have a gate malfunction that stopped him getting to work) but everywhere the guy has gone, he might not be the best/worse for the changing room but he certainly is in stirring up contract issues within a squad if he goes on strike everytime he doesn't get a new contract upgrade each season. Loved him when he was with us, helped drastically to keep us from league one, but the guys track record isn't up for debate, hes awful and likely, has terrible close advisors in his ear telling him to be a mercenary. Can't believe when we're signing people like Seri we're debating at bloody McCormack.....sorry for the rant, nothing personal.

but if he came back he would be a small fish in a big pond, and any tantrums would probably be laughed at by the others. Not saying I want him back as such, but when he wants to play he's good and could be a good squad player

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I have no idea if the rumours about him are true but apparently he was offered to us for loan and the players persuaded Joka not to take him, also he did advise Dembele to leave for a bigger club rather than sign a new contract with us.

Utter bs, I could easily start the same rumour about sessegnon or mitrovic

Look I've an open mind about mccormack (and Parker) but it has to be backed up. If the manager and players are saying publicly that they love him then I'm not going to buy rumours about this or that on here without some evidence. Why would anyone?

The Mcormack rumour was reported by various media outlets at the time, maybe even sky.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 13, 2018, 06:21:19 PM
I can't believe people would even consider wanting Ross McContract back. Are you mental? Not only did we do well to recover what losses we would of made if he were to stay and not sign a new contract (he'd not have bothered coming to training, see Villa as a prime example, unless you choose to believe he did indeed have a gate malfunction that stopped him getting to work) but everywhere the guy has gone, he might not be the best/worse for the changing room but he certainly is in stirring up contract issues within a squad if he goes on strike everytime he doesn't get a new contract upgrade each season. Loved him when he was with us, helped drastically to keep us from league one, but the guys track record isn't up for debate, hes awful and likely, has terrible close advisors in his ear telling him to be a mercenary. Can't believe when we're signing people like Seri we're debating at bloody McCormack.....sorry for the rant, nothing personal.

but if he came back he would be a small fish in a big pond, and any tantrums would probably be laughed at by the others. Not saying I want him back as such, but when he wants to play he's good and could be a good squad player

I have no idea if the rumours about him are true but apparently he was offered to us for loan and the players persuaded Joka not to take him, also he did advise Dembele to leave for a bigger club rather than sign a new contract with us.

Utter bs, I could easily start the same rumour about sessegnon or mitrovic

Look I've an open mind about mccormack (and Parker) but it has to be backed up. If the manager and players are saying publicly that they love him then I'm not going to buy rumours about this or that on here without some evidence. Why would anyone?

Ok, well if you don't believe he was a bit of a trouble maker, contrary to evidence, wheres the evidence that he was much loved by the players and manager?

sarnian

Who cares.

McCormack senior is a thing of the past who had no loyalty and seemed obsessed with looking for improved contacts to get more money.

McCormack's son  however has more sense and is a regular at Fulham games.

Twig

McCormack is history, move on. We need to sign Premiership quality strikers not overweight Championship has beens.

Twig

I said way back on several threads that Friday July 13th would be crunch time for me.  Closing in on season start and now we'll and truly into pre-season prep.  I wanted 4-5 signings over the line and we have 2. Serri looks like an ambitious one which is great, but far too many bodies outstanding to bring in at such a late stage. C+ for me so far.

Tabby

Anyone else find it strange that the first source to confirm the Shaquiri transfer was the Swiss FA? Never heard of an FA doing that before.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: Tabby on July 13, 2018, 10:52:11 PM
Anyone else find it strange that the first source to confirm the Shaquiri transfer was the Swiss FA? Never heard of an FA doing that before.

Very strange indeed, maybe it's just a rogue online publisher that works for the Swiss FA?  No clue how they have any business announcing transfers.

Woolly Mammoth

27 more days, before we are under starters orders. I can only assume Mitro is almost over the line, otherwise I would be very very concerned. I will try and think positive and imagine that a couple more players are having the finishing touches to their imminent transfers.
Which still leaves at least 5 more to fill key positions.
I keep telling myself there is nothing to worry about. But so far there is, because you can only go by the facts. 2 new signings.
I cannot and will not believe that we will end up going back down quicker than we came up.
Because why would we pay the kind of money we just paid for Mika, without knowing that he will be  backed up by other quality signings, because it wouldn't make sense, so the club must be confident they will complete the signings of the rest of their targets, be it by the skin of their teeth.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rock

Wouldn't surprise me. Not knocking Ross, but he's too big for us really. Chris Martin to a lesser extent. Players that seem to work for us are the graft type, head down, ego at the door. Would love to have a player of their ability in the squad that proved able. Someone like Rui?

Rambler

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 13, 2018, 11:36:39 PM
27 more days, before we are under starters orders. I can only assume Mitro is almost over the line, otherwise I would be very very concerned. I will try and think positive and imagine that a couple more players are having the finishing touches to their imminent transfers.
Which still leaves at least 5 more to fill key positions.
I keep telling myself there is nothing to worry about. But so far there is, because you can only go by the facts. 2 new signings.
I cannot and will not believe that we will end up going back down quicker than we came up.
Because why would we pay the kind of money we just paid for Mika, without knowing that he will be  backed up by other quality signings, because it wouldn't make sense, so the club must be confident they will complete the signings of the rest of their targets, be it by the skin of their teeth.

Positivity.
We've actually made some signings which is great. And one of those is a real 'coup' according to all the papers.
Things are on the up.

(Didn't want to mention but will - Marchand is a left sided centre back - exactly the same position as ream. Unless one of them tries it out at RCB I can't see them in the same team together as a CB pairing. Apparently switching your natural side as a centre back is very difficult - hangeland as an example - always played LCB and wasn't as good as a RCB)