watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Need some help choosing flight home

Started by Irelands_number1, May 17, 2018, 06:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irelands_number1

Which is the safest bet 21.10 from Heathrow or 22.05 from Stansted? I'll be paying for a taxi I'd imagine.

Holders

Both sound a bit borderline to me, especially if it goes to ET you could forget it. There's be crowds coming out all trying to get taxis or on the same tubes.  My last train back from Paddington would be 8.30 and I don't have to check in for that. I reckon that's dodgy. 2200 from Heathrow would sound more feasible but I don't suppose there is one.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Irelands_number1

Unfortunately not :( there's a 21.35 from gatwick that I get all the time,  if I could get to Gatwick by say 8.45 I could make it.

I just don't know what to expect with it being Wembley

Holders

It's the late kick-off that makes it difficult. If I were you I'd book a hotel and get a flight in the morning.

Irelands_number1

I would but as it stands I think I've to go into work when I'm back (bartender).
It's a very annoying situation :( i feel the game is in at 5pm only for tv with the champions league final on straight after now.

Holders

Well if you're going to take the chance then maybe Heathrow would be the best bet, if you're going to get a taxi all the way. Stansted is miles away. Can you check in on line to save time and just go straight on?

choice_of_ends

How shall this work? 21.10 off-blocks means 20.40 closed gate. Then security 20.10. An hour for the taxi and it's 19.10. Then walking stadium, taxi, airport, etc. Means leaving seat before 19.00. Kick off is 17.00.

Jazua

I hate to say this but if it goes to extra time then you have absolutely no chance of making either flight. I have my own chauffeur company and with a few overseas Spuds fans as clients I can say that unless you are willing to leave the ground 10-15 minutes before final whistle getting away from Wembley is a nightmare.

Irelands_number1

Thanks everybody for the advice. Current thinking is the 22.05 from stansted.. there's no flights for 2 hours after mine so check in should be a breeze.gate will close at 21.35.

If i have to miss extra time so be it I guess, I'll bring a portable charger and watch it in the taxi...

bobbo

Number 1 ,
I live very near heathrow, and will taking a train from the stadium station to West Ruislip where my car will be and driving to home in Hillingdon . Happy to drop you at heathrow it's no more than 10 mins from me.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stephen1984

Similar dilemma. Was going to drive down but seen flights to and from Gatwick. Return flight back to Glasgow is 22:10. Assuming I get a ticket (booking history only) what are the chances of making this (no luggage and online check in)?

Irelands_number1

Bobbo that is amazing, I'll let you know what I go with.

Stephen1984, if it's ryanair your gate will be down to close at 21.40 and if your able bodied you can definitely make it from train to gate in under 25 minutes.

Wingnut

I'm staying overnight in London, number 1 and flying back first thing, 06:30am on Sunday from Luton. That'll work out pretty well for me strangely enough because I have to catch a flight to Dallas from Dublin later that morning. I usually get the 20:35 or 21:10 flight out of Heathrow after home games, so just a quick word of warning that the 21.10 flight will leave (take off) bang on time or even a few minutes early. Also, they were implementing passport/id checks after we went through security for the last three games, I attended, which slowed things down even more. I would prefer to get back to Dublin straight after the game, so I can get home and pack for the Dallas flight but I just thought it was too tight. I'd advise you to book a room in a hotel, fly back on Sunday morning and you can relax and enjoy the day out in it's entirety.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.