News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who to start on the Right Wing at Wembley??

Started by MrFFC, May 20, 2018, 10:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will start on the right wing Vs Villa?

MrFFC

Big call from Joka. Part of me hopes he goes with Kamara as he was so good against Derby. I have a feeling Ayite will get the start though
Come on you Whites!! :)

Max Headroom

The most important thing is that Kamara is on for the second half

gezkc

I agree - I'd like to see Kamara start as I think he is the answer to our slow starts to matches, but I suspect Ayite will get the nod.

Arthur

Will Ojo be fit?

All things being equal, Sheyi has been Jokanovic's first choice for that position.

fulhamben

It would criminal if kamara didn't start after his recent performances
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

I think AK deserves a start. The only realistic alternative would be to start with Ayite and bring AK on at the start of the 2nd half and let him run at tiring defenders.
Please not Piazon, I know he is a decent player but he just does not fit our shape and style of play.

MrFFC

Quote from: Arthur on May 20, 2018, 10:41:21 AM
Will Ojo be fit?

All things being equal, Sheyi has been Jokanovic's first choice for that position.

Very true Joka is clearly a fan of Ojo. Would be surprised if he got the nod after being out for so long
Come on you Whites!! :)

bog

Holders

I think it'll be Ayite with Kamara coming on when it's necessary to freshen up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chrismmo

Quote from: Arthur on May 20, 2018, 10:41:21 AM
Will Ojo be fit?

The papers say he will be and is fighting for a starting place.
I think it should be AK after that second leg.

Lighthouse

It is a one off, winner takes all. My fear is that Joka will go for the usual first half tactic of hold them and absorb and have slow build ups. Then in the second half step it up. My hope is that he will go for it from the start with AK providing the unexpected.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sherlock

Has to be Kamara, that way we have a real threat down both wings. We can't approach the game thinking we'll need him to come on in the 2nd half to have an impact. We want to be leading already by that point.

Horsfield_No9

Only allowed 5 loans in the squad so can't see Ojo even being there. Kalas, Piazon, Norwood, Mitro, Targett.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Milo

No discussion surely?

Kamara for the full 90 minutes.

He had enough energy easily to play full 90 and gave us the counter attack pace and thrust we needed in firs 45 mins we've been lacking so much with our slow sluggish starts.

Holders

But it might go over the 90 minutes. If we could win it within that then well and good but have to have provision (energy left) for ET and to have our best penalty takers on at the end of that. Whom would you want on eh pitch in ET - Piazon or Kamara?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Syd Cupp

I feel Kamara has to start.
Hes proved himself in the last few appearences.
If need be to bring a sub on for him....then Kebano would be my choice.

Alternatively and I stick my neck out here If Kamara does need replacing at some point..what about pushing Fredericks to the wing and put Christie at right back...may be crazy but Fredericks is almost a wing back to start with.
As I say crazy idea.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Ojo may be fast but he has proved himself to be greedy and not a good enough team player.
He has an habit of shooting when he should pass, and when he does pass he seems to choose the wrong ball.

An interesting item from a Liverpool website is on Hammy End and it says how he has not made the most of a great opportunity and should be dumped by Liverpool.

Ayite or Kamara for me.

Milo

Quote from: Syd Cupp on May 20, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
I feel Kamara has to start.
Hes proved himself in the last few appearences.
If need be to bring a sub on for him....then Kebano would be my choice.

Alternatively and I stick my neck out here If Kamara does need replacing at some point..what about pushing Fredericks to the wing and put Christie at right back...may be crazy but Fredericks is almost a wing back to start with.
As I say crazy idea.

Can't hit a barn door with a banjo though can he, old Fredericks!

Kebano sub straight swap. He's a little cracker anyway and the last man I'd want to see when I'm tired if I was John Terry. Penalty waiting to happen as their defence tires, drops concentration and sticks a leg out.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 20, 2018, 11:55:54 AM
It is a one off, winner takes all. My fear is that Joka will go for the usual first half tactic of hold them and absorb and have slow build ups. Then in the second half step it up. My hope is that he will go for it from the start with AK providing the unexpected.
That is what Villa are probably expecting, so do the opposite and hit them from the start
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

VicHalomsLovechild

AK with the instruction to run Villas defence ragged till his engine comms out. Then Kebano, hopefully with space to do something sublime.