watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A day to remember

Started by FulhamStu, May 29, 2018, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Woke after a bad nights sleep at 5am, drive to my Dads and then onto Shrewsbury train station.  Got the 8am to Crewe and then started to feel the positive vibe.  On the Crewe platform there were more Fulham than Villa and those in White looked very happy where as the Villa fans looked like they had it all to lose.  Got to Euston at 11am and dispite more Villa around than Fulham all I heard was YOOOUUU WHITES.  There was something in the air.   Travelled to West Norwood to meet my son, quick bite to eat, bottle of beer and onto Wembley.  Plenty of Fulham in south London and at every station the white shirts grew and grew.   By the time we got to Wembley it was a sea of white and the positive vibe had grown to a very loud noisy happy positive atmosphere.  There was a few Villa songs but they were massively drowned out by the emerging white wall.

It's a strange thing but that positivity was just with us, fans players, everyone.  It was our day and the walk up Wembley way was like to a home game and it just grew and grew.

The game was great first half but I have to admit a nightmare of what could go wrong 2nd half.  I have had 50 plus years supporting Fulham and just expected things to go wrong.  At the final whistle the release and emotion was the most I have ever experienced and it was like the weight of the world being lifted from your shoulders.  Tears, joy, hugs and kisses, singing and just loving life like never before.  My 88 year old Dad didn't really know what was going on but his grin never left him from the moment we got on the train to Wembley till 10.30pm when he went to bed at my sons house, he was blissfully knackered.   We got out the best whiskey and quietly drank half the bottle still in a daze..did that really just happen ?

SP

Although I haven't been to an England game in years, Saturday has kind of ruined Wembley for us & who cares!

What an occasion, match, weather & spectacle in all senses.  I think that is probably as good as it gets for us in terms of the Wembley experience.

mrmicawbers

Never thought I wouldn't mind being hugged and kissed by so many men.What a Day what a night,what a spectacle.Had to meet up with mates the next day to talk it all through.Amazing

FulhamStu

Was it only a week ago, seems like a dream...did it really happen ?

filham

It was a terrific day and the fact that the Fulham half of Wembley at the start was bathed in lovely sunlight while the Villa half was in shadow helped things along nicely. Our white shirts shone while claret and blue could hardly be seen.

BarneyTravers

Wimbledon pre match was a wall of white.

Every station from Motspur Park to Waterloo was wall to wall Fulham.

Untopable

coyw

Fernhurst

I've been proud of my team on many occasions but normally in glorious defeat.

Never ever had a day like Saturday 26th May 2018 in over 60 years of support. So,so grateful I was there with my family to experience an explosion of joy at the final whistle.

Looking forward to a successful first season back in the premier league upsetting a few apple carts.

COYW  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif 

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

LondonCalling

That was my wife's first football match ever. Never really liked to watch it on telly neither. Our two boys convinced her to join us this time.
After the final whistle she cried. Never had that kind of experience before. Sitting on the train on our way home to Dollis Hill station, she whispered in my ear "can I go again with you guys?"
That's football..

bog

There were a very elderly couple stood behind me in their late 70's. She needed walking sticks but must have been determined to see Fulham play at Wembley. A magnificent day.  049:gif

092.gif

SWSixer

Some great stories there.

Hope the feelgood factor rolls on for a long, long time.

ffccaz

Quote from: bog on June 03, 2018, 12:59:51 PM
There were a very elderly couple stood behind me in their late 70's. She needed walking sticks but must have been determined to see Fulham play at Wembley. A magnificent day.  049:gif

092.gif
[/quo

Brilliant  0001.jpeg 049:gif

bog

092.gif

At the end that lady had such a smile. What a moment to behold.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on June 04, 2018, 02:18:43 PM

092.gif

At the end that lady had such a smile. What a moment to behold.

092.gif

Marvellous, bless her. All great memories never to be forgotten.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.